Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc (250 Views)

Why Is Sowore Always Attacking Peter Obi? / Pictures Of Peter Obi & Anambra State Traditional Rulers / Frank Edoho Criticizes South East Politicians For Attacking Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc by jmoore(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2022

How to know Educated illiterates.

2012 $1 ~ N150

2022 $1 - N605

That is a serious plunge orchestrated by the government of the day.

The educated illiterates don’t understand that since 2012 Anambra has been getting profits they didn’t bother to ask how much they have received since 2012.

These educated illiterate do NOT understand that International Breweries Total Asset is over N460bn and a net asset of over N135bn.

These educated Illiterates do NOT understand they International breweries does over N182bn in revenue annually.

They forgot the market cap of international breweries is about N151.7 billion as quoted on Bloomberg.

If someone owns 4.7% of N151.7 bill that is N7.129bn

Half baked Journalist who don’t do due diligence before they publish.

The Cable newspaper Published an article trying to rubbish Peter Obi investment of N1.95bn for Anambra At International Breweries worth $12.58 million in 2012.

The total shares procured was 407,321,264 ordinary shares worth N1.95bn @ N4.80k per share in 2012.

The Cable in trying to embark on an hatchet job forgot that that the share of International breweries at January 2019 was N52.86/ share and USD was $1 - N306.
Peter Obi granted the interview on his investment In International breweries in January 2019 prior to 2019 General elections.

The Data
407,321,264 shares as at January 2019 was worth 21.5 billion. ~ $70m.
It means the funds invested by Peter Obi as at the time he granted interview on the said investment has risen to $70m from $12.6million that is 457% increase.

From N1.95 bn to N21.5bn is 977% increase as at 2019.
Until the world economy experienced a downward plunge.
The hatchet journalist used the values in 2022 when the share values has dropped to less than N6 per unit.

© Ettu Mayana

https://www.facebook.com/551677901/posts/pfbid0WkbZJsq1VDxrZjNHns4T6nefYAwyy6T7J3tyCX8cVJuXbtbs63VBdmwbaxHD4sY4l/?app=fbl

https://www.facebook.com/551677901/posts/pfbid06Gs7QxdkqxaNNb5Lrj5MpCdScWaqK4mH2HHDdQsQvCL2PpTYRDVLDMds1AZVRif1l/?app=fbl

Another Nigerian Charles Awuzie said

Peter Obi's 12.24 million USD investment now worth 5.38 million USD? Who is to blame?

Firstly, my name is Charles Awuzie and I am an investor. My family holds shares in several South African and American companies. During the Covid-19 pandemic, our financial Advisor who also doubles as our investment portfolio manager wrote us a heartbreaking email stating that the value of our portfolio had lost 40% in value. He said the global economy has never seen anything like it since world War 2. But he advised us on what to do which we did. Gladly, our portfolio is in recovery.

I don't want to talk about how much value my Crypto portfolio has lost in the past 6 months. This information is publicly available.

The question of Peter Obi's 12.24 million USD investment losing value in recent times can only be mocked by illiterates of the economy.

If you see anyone blaming Peter Obi for the loss of value, please laugh at their ignorance.
Peter Obi was wise enough to invest 12.24 million USD during his tenure. That money doubled at some point until Bad government happened to Nigeria.

While Nigeria was suffering from bad governmentiatis, Covid-19 invaded the world accompanied by a global lockdown which crashed the markets. Investors lost their investments. While progressive economies were recovering from the pandemic, Russia chose to invade Ukraine and the ripple effect of this invasion is further ripping the world apart economically and politically.

Has Peter miscalculated some figures? Anyone who quotes figures off head like him could make a mistake except if they have a robotic programming.
I doubt Peter is a robot unlike other robotic candidates so non robots are prone to make mistakes. Even though I personally haven't heard Peter give any inaccurate figure but I've made room for such errors.

What some social media APCites are doing is needed in politics - fact checking political statements is a vital opposition vehicle. The APC was Nigeria's Best opposition party but unfortunately as a ruling party, they are a nightmare which must end. What APC is doing should have been done by PDP against the APC but unfortunately the official opposition party leaders were observing table manners - it's unethical to talk with stolen food in your mouth. The APC and PDP are genetically connected - same whatsapp group but APC na admin.

Alas! Peter Obi has emerged... It's a new dawn in our political evolution. Politics of facts and figures have been restored, thus employing hitherto jobless fact checkers. This is what only Peter Obi can do. With due respect to Pastor Jerry Eze, what Peter Obi cannot do does not exist. He is a Movement. He is a tsunami. He is giving two elephants sleepless nights and the mosquitoes are singing out of frustration of homelessness - Nowhere to perch and suck innocent Nigerian blood.

Everyone is becoming obedient and those who once did money ritual to make sacrifices on the alter of corruption are realizing that obedience is better than
ritualistic sacrifice. The country is awakening. Peter na fresh air - quite different from the stench of rotten leaders who raped their way into power. Peter has made road side political jobbers become overnight investment experts. Laughing my backside off. They now think they can blame Peter Obi for the lose of value of an investment made several years ago without blaming their government about the mess we found ourselves.

Keep an eye on that international breweries investment, when Peter Obi becomes president, all your investments will appreciate in value and not depreciate in value. That's how you measure the success of a government - by what happens to investments in a time of global peace.

Maranatha.

© Charles Awuzie

https://www.facebook.com/100000090018585/posts/pfbid02vURaQs5bf2bDjQk6TKWLHgHJqeJZfT1FEwK8HGgdmRayfVmKivpLp61fd8U8xbqNl/?app=fbl
Re: Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2022
Youths should just go get there pvc
Re: Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc by MadamExcellency: 9:22am On Jun 22, 2022
Why fighting for nothing.

Always allow the politician in this case Peter Obi or his media aid to put out the rebuttal.

We all are just pressure group to ensure credibility and good governance.
Re: Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc by Smithkafors(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2022
Do you think they don't know?. They are paid agents who has sworn that this country will be dead.

Re: Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc by Iykopee(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2022
I have collected my pvc. Those APC mosquitoes have forgotten that Peter Obi doesn't have structure anywhere. Now they are busy churning fake stats to rubbish a man who trumps their criminal drug Lord in every facet of positive indications.
Re: Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc by Afamed: 9:44am On Jun 22, 2022
The Pandora fraud
Re: Educated Illiterates Attacking Peter Obi's Anambra Investment In IB Plc by MasterJayJay: 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Nobody Is Begging You To Vote The Right Candidate / Where Is Our Minister Of Information / Reason We Cant Disclose Tinubu’s Primary, Secondary Schools - Chicago University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.