Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! (5939 Views)

New Twist To Fine NCC Imposed On MTN / The Right Business For Our Time! / How Dbanj's Oliver Twist Video Got Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by blackboy12(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
undecided undecided undecided i still use MTN and will continue to use it but would like to appeal to them for once to help reduce call rates. Their blackberry and data services is the best amongst the rest no doubt but the call rates na na na na na DIE! i won't throw abuses, insults or curses on them cos nobody forced me to be on their network so i will bear the blunt myself.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by babanne(m): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
MTn is money monger and exploitative.I think they have bribed those that should call them to order.
But all of them seem to want to continue the exploitation.you have to dial a code on airtel every 30 days before you can continously enjoy their[i] too good[/i] package.if not you are billed at 60k/sec.also many of us ( i am among) cant join the glo infinito. i mean when you dial the code it does not work.meaning they want us to be on old tarrif. why dont they all (aitel and glo) put the subscribers on the new tariff plans by default? your guess is as goo as mine. exploitation continues.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by pewekac: 12:06am On Jul 27, 2011
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by AngelNgo: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2011
Hey guys, all these negative talk about MTN, it is really sad. I am yet to forget the fact they were the ones who gave that little boy from Abia state, whose uncle cut off his two hands for rituals, new pair of hands abroad. They are doing a load of good with the MTNFoundation! get the history.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by 2tek: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
i use two sims mtn nd glo.at a time i was so pissed off wt my mtn that i contempleted dumping my mtn sim until i met my friend who is a business analyst.He adviced me otherwise,i was not satisfied, i had to call mtn 180(thank God a male rep picked my call) nd he gave me a break down of some of their products\services. also visited mtn office nd complained abt their call rate,d guy i met,really took his time to explain and also gave me some handbills.My analyst friend talKed abt MTN being a BRAND PRODUCT(1st choice) considering their subscriber base 0803,0806,0703,0706,0813,0816,0810(each number range holds 10million customers).he said Any BRAND PRODUCT must have done smthing extra or paid extra money to attain that status.He adviced me NEVER to expect any BRAND PRODUCT to b the cheapest in d market.He queried,do u think nokia/samsung/blackberry are the cheapest phones in d market,why do u think pple prefer them to others.do u think toyota/honda are the cheapest,why do u think pple prefer .Do u think hp/dell ar cheaper than acer\IBM, WHY DO PPLE prefer them. Any ALTERNATIVE PRODUCT knows they can not operate at d same price wt d BRAND nd remain in business.The brand wl always give u smthing extra.will the fact dat u refuse 2 invite 2face to ur show make him reduce his price tag or does d fact dat u refuse 2 attend covenant university make them reduce their school fees(for those who hv stopped recharging their MTN).While u think u've stopped recharging, multinationals,other pple ar queueing up daily enmasse 4 their services.IT IS THE BITTER TRUTH. From d handbill, (A)MTN PayGo(text 400 t0 131) allows 6family\friends @20kb\sec,MTN TalkOn(text 401 to 131) allows u make calls at #15/min after d 1st minute @ 50kb/sec.Both PayGo nd TalkON allows free midnight calls,12:30am to 4:30am -have minimum of #100 credit. I was charged recently for midnight call, i called 180 nd my money was refunded 24hrs later(thanks to competition).For those looking 4 bonus nd promo,u can make calls without worrying abt ur airtime/credit after buying a bundle.u can buy an MTN bundle 2 get more value for ur money (a)HAPPY BUNDLE @ #400/30days,text HAPPY to 131, u'll get 1320 on-net secs nd 30SMS. (B)FUN BUNDLE @ #1,500/30days, text FUN to 131,get 3,600 on-net secs nd 200 on-net sms. (C) SMART BUNDLE, text SMART to 131 @ #6,000 / 30days get 15,000 national(u can use it 2 call oda networks) secs nd 250 national(u can also sms oda network) sms.MTN browsing in my area ROCKS LIKE ROCKET, its 3G/EDGE.No oda network comes close.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by keeeem: 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2011
Bros please keep this your brand thing and let's face the reality. I was once an ardent follower of MTN. I used the line for seven years and was more or less a goodwill ambassador to MTN dishing out defences to the network at will without earning a kobo.

I was on its post-paid line for those period until MTN started bearing its fang. I just get charged dubiously. Several calls to their customer care line and mails did not yield anything positive. Then I took a decision and dumped their line. The psychology MTN is playing on alot of its subscribers is that they feel people do not want to drop their lines because that is the only line they are known on. I did it and all my callers switched to my Airtel number and I have been doing good on it. Another gimmick they play on people is that they are well aware Nigerians do not attach costs to their spending. We just dish out money anyhow and do not place a price on it.

Airtel played one on me recently too. They did a promo that I mistakenly entered for the second and third day they charged me 100 each. When I wrote them and threatened court actions, I was removed from that promo with an apology

The fact is a whole lot of these multinationals rip us consumers off and unfortunately the regulators are not concerned because they have been bought. MTN to me is a network I will not touch with a long spoon. I don't like them for anything
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by buy1get2(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2011
am just tired of all of them!!!
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by linkin8k(m): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
2tek:

i use two sims mtn nd glo.at a time i was so pissed off wt my mtn that i contempleted dumping my mtn sim until i met my friend who is a business analyst.He adviced me otherwise,i was not satisfied, i had to call mtn 180(thank God a male rep picked my call) nd he gave me a break down of some of their products\services. also visited mtn office nd complained abt their call rate,d guy i met,really took his time to explain and also gave me some handbills.My analyst friend talKed abt MTN being a BRAND PRODUCT(1st choice) considering their subscriber base 0803,0806,0703,0706,0813,0816,0810(each number range holds 10million customers).he said Any BRAND PRODUCT must have done smthing extra or paid extra money to attain that status.He adviced me NEVER to expect any BRAND PRODUCT to b the cheapest in d market.He queried,do u think nokia/samsung/blackberry are the cheapest phones in d market,why do u think pple prefer them to others.do u think toyota/honda are the cheapest,why do u think pple prefer .Do u think hp/dell ar cheaper than acer\IBM, WHY DO PPLE prefer them. Any ALTERNATIVE PRODUCT knows they can not operate at d same price wt d BRAND nd remain in business.The brand wl always give u smthing extra.will the fact dat u refuse 2 invite 2face to your show make him reduce his price tag or does d fact dat u refuse 2 attend covenant university make them reduce their school fees(for those who hv stopped recharging their MTN).While u think u've stopped recharging, multinationals,other pple ar queueing up daily enmasse 4 their services.IT IS THE BITTER TRUTH. From d handbill, (A)MTN PayGo(text 400 t0 131) allows 6family\friends @20kb\sec,MTN TalkOn(text 401 to 131) allows u make calls at #15/min after d 1st minute @ 50kb/sec.Both PayGo nd TalkON allows free midnight calls,12:30am to 4:30am -have minimum of #100 credit. I was charged recently for midnight call, i called 180 nd my money was refunded 24hrs later(thanks to competition).For those looking 4 bonus nd promo,u can make calls without worrying abt your airtime/credit after buying a bundle.u can buy an MTN bundle 2 get more value for your money (a)HAPPY BUNDLE @ #400/30days,text HAPPY to 131, u'll get 1320 on-net secs nd 30SMS. (B)FUN BUNDLE @ #1,500/30days, text FUN to 131,get 3,600 on-net secs nd 200 on-net sms. (C) SMART BUNDLE, text SMART to 131 @ #6,000 / 30days get 15,000 national(u can use it 2 call oda networks) secs nd 250 national(u can also sms oda network) sms.MTN browsing in my area ROCKS LIKE ROCKET, its 3G/EDGE.No oda network comes close.

This guy na mtn agent. Which kin marketing u wan give us undecided undecided undecided e no go work o.
Mtn is crap charging u without mercy, screw brand name, who needs brand name when an alternative gives the same service for a better rate. What extra thing those MTN gives its subscribers for the exorbitant call rates?
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by nigboy(m): 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
let us start a web 2.o revolution against mtn using facebook and twitter.

Imagine the case of UBA 25K minimum deposit? UBA customers used sms, facebook and twitter to campaign for the closure of all accounts by UBA customers and this lead to the immediate intervention of the bank management on such useless policy.

We are to blame. I do not see any reason why we should be making MTN call with more than 35 naira a minute while others networks like glo and etisalat are charging 15 naira or less.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by 2tek: 7:20am On Jul 28, 2011
@linkin8k;bros make u no forget say one man's meat na anoda man poison.remember i also rock n rule my world wt glo.considering d level of heated competition,i envisage a time wen all d networks will start making calls @ #1/min or less,we dia subscribers wl enjoy.my beef wt glo started wen my friend lost his dual sim hanset dat had his mtn nd glo numbas in it.do u know dat glo customer care told my friend he must come 2 dia ofice for d swap nd my friend is d busy type besides no glo ofice in d state where my friend was.it took him 3weeks 2 do d swap.but mtn did a sim swap for my friend within 20minutes of getting tru 2 dia customer care,that was after waiting 4 donkey hours b/4 someone picked. my friend almost lost a business worth millions wt d glo delay. i still respect glo though.

@nigboy;is it not hypocritical(a true nigerian) on ur part 2 b clamouring 4 a web 2.0 war against mtn wen u advertised (beneath ur post)dat pple wishing 2 get a professional website shd call u on 08038588637. ha ha ha -just laughing. naija 4 life.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by Fenix: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2011
MTN does not really care about its customers (isuupose very few companies really care about hteir customers), but MTN is terrible in terms of customer service and care.

I would have gone Glo, but i do not like Mr Adeuga and i hear terrible stories of how he treats staff. I woull not add ONE KOBO to that man's bottom line, Not. One. Kobo!

So for now, i will stick with MTN. Hopefully the market will open up and better, more innovative companies will come in and bring in value added services.

My aunty used to work for MTN and they are a bunch of racist idiots.
Re: MTN: The Oliver Twist Of Our Time! by luluosas(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2011
The best, easy and permanent solution to these thieving MTN, is the implementation of number portability by NCC. Let's wait for it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Sells $195m To Boost Forex Supply / Do You Read Terms And Conditions Before Buying A Product? / How To Rank Your Fiverr Gig To Earn $500 To $1000 Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.