Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits (18826 Views)

Sales Consultants Urgently Needed For A BANK. 60k Basic, Pension And HMO / Sales Consultants Urgently Needed For A BANK. 60k Basic, Pension And HMO / Sales Consultants Urgently Needed For A BANK. 60k Basic, Pension And HMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
No for now.

aysnoopy:

Please, is where you're working need employee? I'm in need of job plz. I'm a graduate
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Gryffindor: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
deukpai:
Please don't even mention HMO. The highest he will get is paracetamol and malaria drugs. Anything beyond these will be fully pay by him.

If you asked me I will prefer Ikeja. I'm currently working in island, my salary is 80k (pension +HMO) and I stay in Ayobo but you know what the company has a staff bus that takes us home. Each day I spend 800 to 900 for transportation and it really affecting me. So, just imagine I was paying for transportation to and fro what the money would have look like.

Please, he should choose wisely ooooooooo

Swerugahd,we've all been there
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by kernniejay(m): 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

My younger cousin got both offer below
80k in ikoyi with pension and HMO or
80k in Ikeja with no Pension or HMO

He resides in Alimosho

Which would you choose and why?

Is the job in Ikoyi more secure and does he intend to stay there till retirement? If yes, he should accept the Ikoyi offer, then save enough and relocate to a closer area like Oworonshoki or Gbagada. However, if he just need the job temporarily as a stepping stone, he should stick with the one in Ikeja.
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Gryffindor: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Alapojames:
He got the two job simultaneously
The same amount

Guy from a first hand experience go for ikeja,
I'm giving u a first hand experience advice ,no cap.
Island nah scam.unless he has a means to leave very close to the office period !

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by OvertheTop(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

BTW the Devil and the Deep Blue sea......

Alimosho to and Fro Ikeja is also like N1000/Day Transport
so in 20 Days, you would have spent 20k on Transport

Ikoyi from Alimosho is suicidal except you relocate to Ikoyi environs
But i think the cheapest you can get for Accommodation will be Around Ajah (Roomself = 250k/Year)
Ajah to and fro Ikoyi is still like N1000 per day on Transport Alone.

Your Situation is very Difficult abeg!

Take Ikeja and Actively be on the lookout for another Job!
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
People shouting Ikeja wait until you are sick and there is no money for hospital bill you will then understand the value of HMO. For me salary with other benefit is the best and beside that greater opportunities abound in Lagos than Ikeja.

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by IbadeHQ: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Most may write it to lure you in after 6 months, they charge the goal post

U're very correct. A retail store did same to me on the island. I came into the job expecting my Pension and Hmo, this wicked lady dribbled all the entire staff for six month until we left the company one by one without paying a dime. She became a bully at a particular time and everybody kept quiet. So please OP, tell the person to be wise in choosing job on the island not all of them though but I think Ikeja is better.

3 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by bobo65(m): 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Don't you think pension is for saving for the raining days, while HMO takes cares of your health, there is a saying,your health is your wealth

Leave all these hmo
They don't cover serious expenses

Alimosho is far from ikeja self but Lekki na traveling, let him go for the ikeja job but should seriously be searching for another job cause this ones ain't worth it at all.. 80k for Naija na below poverty line.
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by miketayo(m): 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

Company without pension can be sued. Even if its part of that 80k they will remove for pension they should.

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by grandstar(m): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
Stallionhorse:
2m in obalende without official car or 2m in ajegunle with house and car..

I will take both. I need more pass you grin grin
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by babyfaceafrica: 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
EZENDIZUOGU:
People shouting Ikeja wait until you are sick and there is no money for hospital bill you will then understand the value of HMO. For me salary with other benefit is the best and beside that greater opportunities abound in Lagos than Ikeja.

Unless na big company, that HmO and pension na scam. Also, the stress from alimosho to ikoyi is maad gaam
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by DispatcherLagos: 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ikeja oooo

Now they charge #1000 to iyana ipaja from ikoyi especially in the evening. Multiply it by how many times you will be going to work per month.
If I don't reside in Lagos island I have no business working in ikoyi.

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by DispatcherLagos: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2022
OvertheTop:

BTW the Devil and the Deep Blue sea......

Alimosho to and Fro Ikeja is also like N1000/Day Transport

Ikoyi from Alimosho is suicidal except you relocate to Ikoyi environs
But i think the cheapest you can get for Accommodation will be Around Ajah (Roomself = 250k/Year)
Ajah to and fro Ikoyi is still like N1000 per day on Transport Alone.

Your Situation is very Difficult abeg!

Take Ikeja and Actively be on the lookout for another Job!

Like you haven't experienced the VGC-Eleganza traffic jam in the evening.
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by iswallker(m): 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
Edoziesmart:

What concern calculator with the question he asked?
Or is your head paining you?

Did I abuse you - why reference to head of someone you don't know

undecided
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by JARUSHUB: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ikoyi. For exposure, growth and learning opportunities.
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by delpee(f): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
@OP
Consider taking the Ikeja option since it's closer to your residence. However,please note as follows:

1. As a family man, you need HMO. Register your family with Ilera Eko, the Lagos State HMO. You can access treatment at much lower cost in public hospitals and some private hospitals. Their office is by Alausa in Ikeja. That can be done from the savings you'll make from lower transportation cost.

2. Start a voluntary pension contribution scheme for yourself with a reputable company e.g. Stanbic IBTC.

You can get a higher paying job after gaining some experience to enhance your CV.

By the way, according to the law, every company that has up to 5 employees must have a pension scheme.

2 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by wirinet(m): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
olamilarks:
the stress of going to ikoyi daily will make hmo be like you're pouring water in a basket!

You are only talking about half the stress. The stress of coming from ikoyi daily nko? If you face Kingsway/Osborne traffic, then come add am to oworoshoki/third mainland Bridge traffic, come conclude am with Oshodi/ikeja traffic fives times a week. You will age ten years in just one year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by olamilarks(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
wirinet:

You are only talking about half the stress. The stress of coming from ikoyi fail nko? If you face Kingsway/Osborne traffic, then come add am to oworoshoki/third mainland Bridge traffic, come conclude am with Oshodi/ikeja traffic fives times a week. You will age ten years in just one year.
spot on boss!
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by wirinet(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
JARUSHUB:
Ikoyi. For exposure, growth and learning opportunities.

Which exposure, growth and learning opportunities wey dey ikoyi wey no dey ikeja?

1 Like

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by docsholz(m): 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
He's broke either way
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by slye(m): 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

Let him settle for one and give a counter offer for the other.
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Onyi90(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2022
Frying pan vs fire.
Let him go for the frying pan i.e Ikeja.
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Elbizzcklinz(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

Alimosho is close to Ikeja
Please take the ikeja job.

Imagine the stress of going to Ikoyi. Waking up by 5am to beat traffic.

And coming back by 10pm after closing by 5pm due to traffic.

Your health would be impacted.
Also your transportation will be impacted

From Egbeda to Ikeja - 200
From Ikeja to Ikoyi - you will not get a direct cab. Expect private vehicles that offers lift at for a fare. Let's say 500 to Ikoyi.

Then you would trek from Falomo to your office because there's no Bike.

Take the work at Ikeja. Highest transport fare would be 200. YOU WOULD DEFINITELY SAVE

2 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by TheMostComplex1: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ikeja is better
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Ypp1: 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
None
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by bolousadex: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
You didn't state what kind of job they are. This is more important that the information that you have put put
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Connected1: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Good evening,

He resides in Alimosho

Pension and HMO

Aunty follow am oh forget location abeg.

You can buy a new or fairly used scooter for movement.

Nothing beats pension and HMO for a person planning to have a family soonest or someone that already has.

2 Likes

Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by limcar: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
deukpai:
Please don't even mention HMO. The highest he will get is paracetamol and malaria drugs. Anything beyond these will be fully pay by him.

If you asked me I will prefer Ikeja. I'm currently working in island, my salary is 80k (pension +HMO) and I stay in Ayobo but you know what the company has a staff bus that takes us home. Each day I spend 800 to 900 for transportation and it really affecting me. So, just imagine I was paying for transportation to and fro what the money would have look like.

Please, he should choose wisely ooooooooo

can't you relocate or look for somewhere nearby to stay?
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Oyindamolah: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
miketayo:

Company without pension can be sued. Even if its part of that 80k they will remove for pension they should.
Lol! In Nigeria you want to sue because they don't pay pension. Did you see the leaked memo from the justices of the supreme court petition the CJN?

I can mention over 300 companies in Nigeria with more than the minimum number of staff to remit pension and they aren't remitting.
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by limcar: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
Offpoint1:

Naso I dey spend 4-5k daily for work... Lagos no pure grin
from where to where?
Re: 80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits by Oyindamolah: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
grin
wirinet:

Which exposure, growth and learning opportunities wey dey ikoyi wey no dey ikeja?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Legitimate Online Jobs In Nigeria / Apply Now For Federal Civil Service Commission Fresh Recruitment - 2016 / Has Anyone Heard Of Project 5000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.