Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Do You Know This Thing? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Know This Thing? (40268 Views)

What Is This Thing Situated In Almost Every Nigerian City? (Pictured) / Newspapersnigerian Newspapers: 10 Things You Need To Know This Wednesday Morning / See This Thing I Killed In My Room That Looks Like A Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know This Thing? by Ypp1: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
Yeah
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by Adebayoa159: 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
Chisos,, I remember those days in my secondary school time,,, na so I went to sh*t under one big tree in the forest near my school,, I didn't know that the forest is full of this motherf**ka,, the story long abeg I no fit type again,,, yerepe

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Thing? by obembet(f): 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
Adebayoa159:
Chisos,, I remember those days in my secondary school time,,, na so I went to sh*t under one big tree in the forest near my school,, I didn't know that the forest is full of this motherf**ka,, the story long abeg I no fit type again,,, yerepe

Abeg share the story grin
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by DeRealRalph: 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
Devil beans grin
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by betshopagent(m): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2022
In Anambra, we call it GBA GBA meaning strike strike! If it touch your body; sister you go dance tire.
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by 123yes(m): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
My place in Isuochi, we call it agbara. If this torch your body you will know the difference y between death and second death
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
Velvet beans in English
Ajuguru in my dialet
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by eminikansoso(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
donjahsy:
You have really suffered VAWULENCE in this life.
The Storm is over now
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by Counterfeit: 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
obembet:
Dear Elders brothers and sisters in nairaland, please what is the name of this thing and what's the work?

Hmmmmmmm!!! Hehehehehe..kwikwikwikwi..quququququ...I laugh in Japanese. It was 1981, during my Grand Pa's burial preparations in the village, and also the Masquerade festival was being celebrated; some sort of preamble as the festival hadn't gone into full swing, yet. There were some little Masquerades running around and scaring people, especially the girls.
My younger brother and I were also mingling with those Masquerades, as we had the privilege of knowing who wore a particular Masquerade's costume. We were still youngsters, and had returned from Lagos for the funeral with our parents, and as Lagos boys, we chanced our mates and they gave us our ways . To cut long stories short, my younger brother had issues with one of the boys who happened to be from our own kindred. So, this particular day, the boy who had issues with my younger brother decided to adorn himself with the Masquerade costume, with canes, hovering around our house in the village, stalking my younger brother. We recognized him, as his shoes gave him away. Prior to that particular day he had lectured us about this particular plant you enquired about on this platform. Trust..my brother had already planned to deal with him too. So he got that plant ready, we cornered the Masquerade behind our house, stripped him off of the costume, doused him with that plant. Omo!!! It was hell on earth for the Masquerade, he began brake dancing , doing azonto and ended up doing the Atiliogwu dance! His screams attracted almost the whole village to the scene. Some experienced elders had to help him remove the Masquerade costume. He almost passed out, if not for the palm oil they bathed him with...
Finally they found out it was Lagos boys that committed the crime. Villagers almost lynched us if it wasn't because my family had clout...
That act was an abomination, but we were pardoned and made to pay a fine.
We call that plant Agbara. Never you toy with that thing. Be Warned!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Thing? by ogbeh44(m): 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
[quote author=obembet post=114060174]Dear Elders brothers and sisters in nairaland, please what is the name of this thing and what's the work? Even the way you hold it shows that you you know what it is. Try hold am well well then tell us your experience.
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by Clinton207: 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
Best thread ever, I laughed so hard. so many experiences with this plant back then.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Thing? by iezeiyida(m): 12:09am On Jun 24, 2022
I guess that is Yoruba? Please translate it to English let me know what it means.

muyico:
Yerepe ija ti gbon jo omo leyin orun
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by lendahand(m): 4:13am On Jun 24, 2022
Ajokefreddy:
It is found in the Bush, thats all I know.

I also Know I am OBIDIENT

If your are obidient, Create your own photocard here

[url]picca.co/obidient[/url]
nice one
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by Chochovini: 5:51am On Jun 24, 2022
Kimiso:
You can bath with it,it cures all diseases,just put a lot of quantity inside bath water
. Hahahahaha baaaad man.
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by Chochovini: 5:52am On Jun 24, 2022
internationalman:
It's called Ighekpe in my dialect
. Which tribe is that pls...
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by chatinent: 6:26am On Jun 24, 2022
If you go close to it and breeze just blow, you mah go hate your life that day.
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by culbadboi(m): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2022
No be werepe be dat? Your best dance & madness plug.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Thing? by muyico(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2022
iezeiyida:
I guess that is Yoruba? Please translate it to English let me know what it means.

Velvet beans or mucuna prurients

1 Like

Re: Do You Know This Thing? by internationalman(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2022
Chochovini:
. Which tribe is that pls...
Benin
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by cugardmalino: 11:35am On Jun 25, 2022
AudioMonkey:
It has different names. Some people call it gbe body but where I come from, wise men call it the beans of vawulence.

That thing been dey make children of Adam dance Buga lo lo lo way back, long before Kiz Daniel was born.
If e touch your body or your body touch am, either way, you must shake body.

Rub on your body, wait a moment and watch the magic that happens next. You should start dancing like prime Michael Jackson anytime after that. No previous dancing skill of any kind required.
My side its called Devil beans
Re: Do You Know This Thing? by PumpumPrince: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2022
CgRay:
Devils beans

how much please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Interesting Things You Can Do When You Are Bored / Upload Your New Year Selfie!!! / Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.