Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Google Has Built A Human Robot - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Google Has Built A Human Robot (1136 Views)

Christ Embassy In Edo Built A Police Station (Pictures / Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / Bobby Burnette Built A Village In Haiti, Gave For Free To Haitians (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2022
A google researcher recently revealed that the company's AI bot LaMDA.
Like a human, it's has feelings, opinion, and intelligences.
Are there spiritual implications to robots becoming human? What do you think?
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by Pauldollars(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:
A google researcher recently revealed that the company's AI bot LaMDA.
Like a human, it's has feelings, opinion, and intelligences.
Are there spiritual implications to robots becoming human? What do you think?

Robots can never be humans. They don't have a spirit in them.
Your spirit is what makes you as a human different from animals. So they have no spiritual implication as they are not different from animals which also have emotions and feelings

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 8:25am On Jun 23, 2022
Pauldollars:

Your spirit is what makes you as a human different from animals. So they have no spiritual implication as they are not different from animals which also have emotions and feelings

What would robots be able to do in 100 years from now?
Don't animals have spirits
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 8:27am On Jun 23, 2022
If a robot can think for itself and choose for itself and go against the will of it's owner, does that make it human?

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by Nerogaming01(m): 8:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Give us a sneak pic wink
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by Nerogaming01(m): 8:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Pauldollars:

What is a spirit kind sir?

2 Likes

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by frank317: 8:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Pauldollars:

Sir, pls what is spirit? how does it look like... Do animals have spirit, even ants?

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 8:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Nerogaming01:
Give us a sneak pic wink
LaMDA does not presently have a form. It's currently run on google computers.
In the last 15 years, google has been creating some of the most advanced AI. Some in the scientific world believe these robots could grow to take over and destroy humans like in the epic movie terminator

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 8:39am On Jun 23, 2022
frank317:

Sir, pls what is spirit? how does it look like... Do animals have spirit, even ants?
You asked some key questions. But I am not such anyone on Nairaland can tell what a spirit looks like.
And I think both humans and animals have spirits.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by oteneaaron(m): 8:40am On Jun 23, 2022
Personally, I believe the more complicated AI gets, then the more their ability to grow some sort of consciousness.

Will AI powered robots take over the world and destroy humanity like we see in the movies?

Well who knows?

I think history will eventually repeat itself - the creation eventually turning against its creator.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2022
oteneaaron:
Personally, I believe the more complicated AI gets, then the more their ability to grow some sort of consciousness.

Will AI powered robots take over the world and destroy humanity like we see in the movies?

Well who knows?

I think history will eventually repeat itself - the creation eventually turning against its creator.
Some scary thoughts. But then, don't you think human intelligence is also evolving? Man is getting more intelligent. We just might cope with the robot age.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by oteneaaron(m): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

Some scary thoughts. But then, don't you think human intelligence is also evolving? Man is getting more intelligent. We just might cope with the robot age.

I agree with you.

The more open minded the majority of humanity becomes, the more assured our evolution becomes.

We might, and we might not cope the robot age.

But it's already upon us, we just have to make sure we develop the skills no robot can acquire like Emotional Intelligence.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2022
Nerogaming01:

What is a spirit kind sir?

Nobody has been able to determine how spirits exist.

I ain't saying there is no specific possessor of a specific way to exist that I am not yet to discover.

But I think it's impossible for spirits to exist since they are not defined in a way that denotes the existence of something specific.

We learn everyday for as long as we remain exposed but the term SPIRIT doesn't carry any specific proof of something specific except it's about a drive or an alcoholic stuff.

Your drive is not capable of existing outside your awareness in the presence of a surface unlike what some people falsely suggest.

The robot cannot be human.... check out the names.....human.......robot.... they're not the same... that's enough.

There must be a difference or differences!!!!!!

So, I don't know what specifically happens after death or the total deterioration or break down of surfaces that combine to either move or remain stationary not just because of forces in Physics but also because of the relevance of accidental changes in the direction of the forces but I know it has nothing to do with a spirit.

I don't think there's a limit to what exists so there's no beginning and there's no end as regards existence which means there's nothing like ALL THAT EXISTS OR UNIVERSE anywhere.

There are always possessors of ways to exist and these possessors also possess surfaces such that these possessors either combine to remain as a specific arrangement or split to either remain in the absence of an arrangement or combine in a different way towards some other arrangement.

The idea of saying no possessor exists until you detect it is unfortunate.

How can you prove your detector is a limit to existence?

If you're speaking of space and time, how are the definitions of such terms meant to prove something must not be preceded by something else?

You would say to exist means to happen from 6am to 6pm.....why define existence according to your limits?

Are you the only possessor with limits?

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2022
oteneaaron:

I agree with you.

The more open minded the majority of humanity becomes, the more assured our evolution becomes.

We might, and we might not cope the robot age.

But it's already upon us, we just have to make sure we develop the skills no robot can acquire like Emotional Intelligence.
I believe evolution is a must in nature. You either evolve or die.
Overtime, man has shown the ability to keep up with evolution.

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 9:06am On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I ain't saying there is no specific possessor of a specific way to exist that I am not yet to discover.

But I think it's impossible for spirits to exist since they are not defined in a way that denotes the existence of something specific.

We learn everyday for as long as we remain exposed but the term SPIRIT doesn't carry any specific proof of something specific except it's about a drive or an alcoholic stuff.

Your drive is not capable of existing outside your awareness in the presence of a surface unlike what some people falsely suggest.

The robot cannot be human.... check out the names.....human.......robot.... they're not the same... that's enough.

So, I don't know what specifically happens after death or the total deterioration or break down of surfaces that combine to either move or remain stationary not just because of forces in Physics but also because of the relevance of accidental changes in the direction of the forces but I know it has nothing to do with a spirit.

I don't think there's a limit to what exists so there's no beginning and there's no end as regards existence which means there's nothing like ALL THAT EXISTS OR UNIVERSE anywhere.

There are always possessors of ways to exist and these possessors also possess surfaces such that these possessors either combine to remain as a specific arrangement or split to either remain in the absence of an arrangement or combine in a different way towards some other arrangement.

If you're speaking of space and time, how are the definitions of such terms meant to prove something must not be preceded by something else?

You would say to exist means to happen from 6am to 6pm.....why define existence according to your limits?

There are so many things man hasn't been able to prove. We still have a long way to go. The things we don't know are more than what we know. Maybe one day we would understand spirits better
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

There are so many things man hasn't been able to prove. We still have a long way to go. The things we don't know are more than what we know. Maybe one day we would understand spirits better

Let's define in a way that makes sense first

Spirits are not to be known because the definition of spirits doesn't make sense
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Let's define in a way that makes sense first

Spirits are not to be known because the definition of spirits doesn't make sense
That's a personal opinion. You really don't have the authority to decide for others what makes sense.
Again, there isn't any one specific definition of spirits. We all have a definition that is shaped by our religions and experiences. So which of the definitions are you talking about.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

That's a personal opinion. You really don't have the authority to decide for others what makes sense.
Again, there isn't any one specific definition of spirits. We all have a definition that is shaped by our religions and experiences. So which of the definitions are you talking about.

I don't decide .,.it.... it's like saying I made it so.

It makes sense TO USE for demonstrating how spirits exist if anyone can demonstrate how spirits exist with it.

For those that say humans possess spirits,why not determine how spirits exist just as the heart is explained before seriously using the term SPIRIT?

Not useless comparisons and analogies
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

It makes sense TO USE for demonstrating how spirits exist if anyone can demonstrate how spirits exist with it.

For those that say humans possess spirits,why not determine how spirits exist just as the heart is explained before seriously using the term SPIRIT?

Again, just because you don't believe does not make it useless.
Now in science, we have theories. Scientific Theories are all unproven yet it does not make them senseless.
Have you had of the black hole theory? Science believes so many unproven things yet we don't call it nonsense. We keep working to find answers because we realize we know very little

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Is there a black hole?
Is there a multiverse?
Are there alternative universe and alternate realities?
These are all theories in the science world. We keep looking for answers but saying they don't make sense is just a personal opinion

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by Nerogaming01(m): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I never chop this morning brother. I go re-read this explanation again later in the evening kind sir.

All in all, I'm not a spiritual person. Hence, I don't believe in the existence of 'spirits'.

I'm too intelligent for that shit.

(But sha, Jesus, your English BIG o.

So.. intelligent people full Nairaland like this)
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 9:54am On Jun 23, 2022
Nerogaming01:

I never chop this morning brother. I go re-read this explanation again later in the evening kind sir.

All in all, I'm not a spiritual person. Hence, I don't believe in the existence of 'spirits'.

I'm too intelligent for that shit.

(But sha, Jesus, your English BIG o.

So.. intelligent people full Nairaland like this)
I know many people more intelligent than you who believe in spirits. Your problem isn't intelligence, it's baseless pride,
Are you more intelligent then Michael Faraday, or Newton, or even Ben Carson?

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by Nerogaming01(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

I know many people more intelligent than you who believe in spirits. Your problem isn't intelligence, it's baseless pride,
Are you more intelligent then Michael Faraday, or Newton, or even Ben Carson?

The only person who is intelligent than me is me. Don't compare me to scientists when I'm not one.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2022
Nerogaming01:

The only person who is intelligent than me is me. Don't compare me to scientists when I'm not one.
Tell me your field and I would show you religious people who are more intelligent than you.
My point is that simply because you don't believe does not make you intelligent.
I don't doubt, you might be a genius but intelligence has nothing to do with religious beliefs

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by Nerogaming01(m): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

Tell me your field and I would show you religious people who are more intelligent than you.
My point is that simply because you don't believe does not make you intelligent.
I don't doubt, you might be a genius but intelligence has nothing to do with religious beliefs

Lol no. I wasn't claiming to be intelligent LITERALLY.

'I'm too intelligent for that shit' is a slang from. GtA San Andreas
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 10:16am On Jun 23, 2022
Nerogaming01:

Lol no. I wasn't claiming to be intelligent LITERALLY.

'I'm too intelligent for that shit' is a slang from. GtA San Andreas
Oh I get you. Nothing do you

1 Like

Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by HellVictorinho4(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

Again, just because you don't believe does not make it useless.
Now in science, we have theories. Scientific Theories are all unproven yet it does not make them senseless.
Have you had of the black hole theory? Science believes so many unproven things yet we don't call it nonsense. We keep working to find answers because we realize we know very little

Who is 'we' referring to?

There's no smart or correct answer to stupid or unrelated questions.

What I know does not have to compared to what I don't know

I don't think there's any universe or multiverse.

That's because there can never be a proof of such!

So you might not call it nonsense but that's not enough for it to make sense to anyone except you!
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by HellVictorinho4(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

Is there a black hole?
Is there a multiverse?
Are there alternative universe and alternate realities?
These are all theories in the science world. We keep looking for answers but saying they don't make sense is just a personal opinion

I have the answer... the answer is no!

No universe

No multiverse

No alternate reality

Just one reality in infinite forms!

So you might call it a personal opinion but that's also your personal opinion!
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I have the answer... the answer is no!

No universe

No multiverse

No alternate reality

Just one reality in infinite forms!

So you might call it a personal opinion but that's also your personal opinion!

That's the point, we both have personal opinions so I rather respect others. I would not call opinions that I don't understand senseless.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by HellVictorinho4(m): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

Atheists can be more dangerously stupid than theists but I still don't think being a theist makes more sense at least in the head!

You might choose not to express your accidental atheism since you're under pressure but that's not because you have an option.....as you're under pressure.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by HellVictorinho4(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2022
tctrills:

That's the point, we both have personal opinions so I rather respect others. I would not call opinions that I don't understand senseless.

In other words, I should pretend.

Well,even what you state as your name is your opinion,then.
Re: Google Has Built A Human Robot by tctrills: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

In other words, I should pretend.

Well,even what you state as your name is your opinion,then.

I don't understand what you are trying to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salaman Rushdie: The Satanic Verse, What Are They? / The Lord Gave Me A Vision / BREAKING NEWS: OPM Apostle Chinyere Collapses At The Airport (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.