Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message (1068 Views)

What are the charges for a bank transfer from an FCMB Domiciliary Account? / Open An FCMB Personal Account Online And Get Cash Reward / FCMB Replies Customer Who Requested For Loan To Buy Sex Doll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by gaetano: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2022
I just received an sms from FCMB, now the problem is i did not at any point in time open an account with the bank. Is this the hand work of fraudster and what should i do?

See below

1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by Teaveapoet(f): 10:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Contact the bank.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by blazingblender(m): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2022
Someone wanted to use your phone number to log in
Or create an account
Abeg don't waste time to contact your bank immediately
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by gaetano: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2022
Teaveapoet:
Contact the bank.
Alright, I will do that
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by Jennyjay283: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2022
Contact your bank!
I have come across many of this things.
Some will call,while some will text through messages.
Face to face is better than messages or calls
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by GerogeI(m): 11:47am On Jun 23, 2022
gaetano:
I just received an sms from FCMB, now the problem is i did not at any point in time open an account with the bank. Is this the hand work of fraudster and what should i do?

See below

Got this kind of message, Contacted the bank and all they did was to tell me not to give out the password. I have given up the phone number.
Useless bank has a porous platform being used by criminals.

OP there are two possibilities.
1. One someone has just opened an FCMB account with your phone number for fraud.
2. Someone just opened an FCMB account temporary with your phone number in order to get your BVN number. Which they can use to track your real bank accounts and get your bank balances. Beware and be security conscious cause such people are close to you.

FCMB is giving criminals free access to peoples BVN. So ensure your phone numbers are not linked to any bank or bank account. Also ensure your NIN is not linked to your BVN by not using NIN in any account identification. Always use drivers licence or international passport. NIN will automatically link your phone numbers tied to it to your BVN, with all the ongoing insecure mobile banking and sim card cloning or emulation , you can become a victim of these data miners.

From hindsight, I suggest you send FCMB a letter notifying them of the fraudulent account opening and indemnifying yourself against any criminal or fraudulent a outcome, and keep a copy of the letter for future reference. That's what I'll do next time I encounter this.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by gaetano: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
GerogeI:

Got this kind of message in Feb. Contacted the bank and all they did was to tell me not to give out the password. I have given up the phone number.
Useless bank has a porous platform being used by criminals.

OP there are two possibilities.
1. One someone has just opened an FCMB account with your phone number for fraud.
2. Someone just opened an FCMB account temporary with your phone number in order to get your BVN number. Which they can use to track your real bank accounts and get your bank balances. Beware security conscious cause such people are close to you.

FCMB is giving criminals free access to peoples BVN. So ensure your phone numbers are not linked to any bank or bank account. Also ensure your NIN is not linked to your BVN by not using NIN in any account identification. Always use drivers licence or international passport. NIN will automatically link your phone numbers tied to it to your BVN, with all the ongoing insecure mobile banking and sim card cloning or emulation , you can become a victim of these data miners.

From hindsight, I suggest you send FCMB a letter notifying them of the fraudulent account opening and indemnifying yourself against any criminal or fraudulent a outcome, and keep a copy of the letter for future reference. That's what I'll do next time I encounter this.

Thanks. Just left fcmb office now. The customer care told me it was a mistake, I told her it was no fucken mistake that she should look into it. That's when she collected my phone number. I can't risk anything at this point. Because I know for sure that a fraudster has created an account with my phone number
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by Rickmann: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
gaetano:

See below

That's a fraudulent red flag..

Contact ur Bank or better still, ignore.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by 23jerryking(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
I've gotten the same message on 3 different occasions too. Funny enough I don't even have an account with FCMB.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message by Ruby458(f): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
I have gotten this type of message once. I totally ignored them. Why is it always FCMB bank?

(1) (Reply)

Launching Of Bigkoko® Taxi � Service / !!! / Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.