Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Segalink Is A Fraud And A Grifter. David Hundeyin Exposed Sega Link - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segalink Is A Fraud And A Grifter. David Hundeyin Exposed Sega Link (437 Views)

Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Between EFCC And Segalink On Twitter / Saraki's Audio: Segalink Is A PDP Apologist, Not Activist - Nigerians Blast / Akin Alabi's Tweet About SEGUN AWOSANYA Segalink, That Put Him In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segalink Is A Fraud And A Grifter. David Hundeyin Exposed Sega Link by ObidientFC: 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
David Hundeyin is on freeway exposing Alot of persons.

[/b]For the record, there are several types of dishonesty that do not involve direct falsehoods. It's possible to lie by omission, implication and misrepresentation.

Whether this bloke did not expressly claim to be a lawyer or not, he DID absolutely misrepresent himself as one.[b]

[/b]His repeated use of the term "Distinguished" in his engagement here had only one clear and obvious implication.

His constant humorous jibes where he'd say "my client" this, and "we are suing" that were not mere jokes. They contained an unspoken but very clear implication.[b]

His offering of what purported to be legal reviews of several pieces of legislation including the CAMA 2020 bill and the Police Reform Act 2020 was very clear and unsubtle signaling.

Even I at a time believed him to be a lawyer before I bothered to take a second look at him.

In the tweet below, he responded to an appeal for corporate lawyers who had reviewed the CAMA 202O bill.

Yes, he was smart enough to not expressly say "I am a lawyer," but that is a semantic issue - the intent and implications are clear and unambiguous.
Link to tweets
https://twitter.com/segalink/status/1295317997758885895?t=OEwfwJDnOthnidcUfJO6QQ&s=19
Segalink is NOTORIOUS for this exact sort of implied falsehood, typified by the exchange below where he implies that he is the person standing next to Fela in the photograph, without expressly saying so.

The person in the photograph is actually the late Dr. Tunji Braithwaite

[/b]This is how Segun Awosanya aka @segalink has built a whole career on lies, misrepresentations, and exaggerations. You can draw the line back to his involvement in the #EndSARS protest movement which was actually pioneered by @Letter_to_Jack, but which he now claims he "convened."
Also for the record, the whole "Segalink helped people get out of police custody" shtick was one big production born out of a political tussle between former Interior Minister Abdulrahman Dambazau and former Police IG Ibrahim Kpotun Idris.

He's what Igbos call "onye oso afia."

He was a political contractor working for Aliyu Gebi @alouibrahim92 of the Ministry of the Interior, whose boss Dambazau had a problem with the police IG.

So when you'd get arrested and tag Segalink and get released, all he was doing was calling this guy.

https://twitter.com/segalink/status/1031878178212667393?t=aPvf74xN1IhtHkKSFCkUVA&s=19[b]

He also fed the public impression that he was a hotshot lawyer by misrepresenting his political contract with the Interior Ministry via @alouibrahim92 as some sort of legal acumen/high powered connection.

[/b]Segun Awosanya is nobody and nothing. A simple hustler and grifter.
He saw the hashtag @Letter_to_Jack created and jumped on it to do his political "oso afia" work. That was how he crowbarred his way from absolutely nowhere to some sort of "national figure."

That's also why he was so opposed to the #EndSARS protest. It endangered his contract.

TLDR: Segun Awosanya is a serial con artist, political contractor and grifter who misrepresents EVERYTHING about himself and has nothing but the most selfish motivations.[b]

[/b]Even the good things he once did were merely part of a contract intended to discredit a previous police IG.[b]

Re: Segalink Is A Fraud And A Grifter. David Hundeyin Exposed Sega Link by Fira09(m): 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
DAVID HUNDEYIN is very good at his work,His one of the honest and truthful journalist we have in Nigeria...

A Top investigator,

I hope he's OBIDIENT.

1 Like

Re: Segalink Is A Fraud And A Grifter. David Hundeyin Exposed Sega Link by ObidientFC: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Omoh I fear who no fear David Hundeyin

Re: Segalink Is A Fraud And A Grifter. David Hundeyin Exposed Sega Link by King125007(m): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Always knew he was a Crooks working for a paymaster

2 Likes

Re: Segalink Is A Fraud And A Grifter. David Hundeyin Exposed Sega Link by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
I hope this new relationship is going last

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Confident PDP Will Regain Power In 2023 Elections / Alleged Forgery: Court Asked To Stop Tinubu, APC From 2023 Presidential Poll / I Think Ngeneukwenu Moniker Is Seunosewa's Alternative.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.