Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,154 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu (227 Views)

Imo Monarch, Eze Ohiri Regains Freedom After 13 Days In Kidnapper's Den / Gunmen Kidnap Acho Ndukwe & Paul Ogbu (2 Imo Monarchs) Burn Palaces / INEC Replaces Lawrence Ezeh With Adaku Ogbu-Aguocha, 3 Weeks After Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu by Yibo(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2022
The traditional ruler of Isuokoma autonomous community in Onicha Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Eze Ambrose Ogbu, has been abducted by gunmen.

The gunmen invaded the monarch’s palace on Wednesday night and whisked him away to an unknown destination, PREMIUM TIMES learnt.

His abductors have yet to contact his family members.

A community leader, who did not want his name mentioned in the report because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, confirmed the incident to our reporter in Abakaliki.

He was kidnapped last night at his palace,” he said.

“But the kidnappers have not made any contact with the family nor the community. We have been waiting but no contact yet.”

The Commissioner of Police in Ebonyi state, Aliyu Garba, confirmed the incident

He said the police were doing “everything possible” to locate and rescue the monarch.

Worsening security situation
Abduction for ransom is now one of the dominant crimes across various Nigerian cities.

Suspected kidnappers abducted a photojournalist, Uchenna Nwube, who works in Ebonyi Government House, early this month on Okigwe-Aba-Enugu Expressway. He was later released, apparently after ransom payment.

In Anambra State, still within the South-east, the beheaded body of a former lawmaker was found on Tuesday after gunmen abducted him.

About a month ago, a serving lawmaker in Anambra was similarly beheaded after gunmen abducted him.

Besides abduction for ransom, states in the South-east have been grappling with deadly attacks by armed men.

The attacks, which the Nigerian government blamed on an outlawed group Indigenous People of Biafra, often target police and other security agencies.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/538734-just-in-gunmen-abduct-ebonyi-monarch.html?fbclid=IwAR3-kPi2Cq25szqJ9DlUIAG-to0Qi_Pdg3NHSVzCCjUSyxBvVtOPwj2Tkbs
Re: Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu by Yibo(m): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
Police should hurry up before the Igwe is cannibalized

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu by LeoDeKing: 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ipob pigs firing at all angles.

They are insulting Nigerians so pandora hoebi becomes president.

At the same time, they are carrying out the orders of ohamadickhead lamidi kwanu.

Ipob pigs are terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu by BaddestQueen(f): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ipob pigs firing at all angles.

They are insulting Nigerians so pandora hoebi becomes president.

At the same time, they are carrying out the orders of ohamadickhead lamidi kwanu.

Ipob pigs are terrorists.
Dear Nigerians as we're about to make another life decision that will make or mar us in the next 8 years or more, let's remember to make the right one.
after 8 years of misrule, I think we deserve a break from bad governance, deceitful politicians that thinks they can buy their way to power and hold us ransom for the next 8 years.
like I always say, suffering knows no tribe or religion but these politicians have made tribalism and religious sentiments take away our sense of reasoning.
no politician is a real Christian or Muslim because they're thieves and criminals which both religion condemns.
but they use this act to hold us to ransom every election making us to make bad decisions based on tribalism and religion sentiments each election period.
for example, Buhari is a Northerner but his misrule has affected all region he rules and I think the north are even the biggest victims of his misrules and incompetency.
Another election is here and they have rolled out their usual tribalism card to enslave us yet again.
but this time around we must resist them.
we're majority and I believe we can resist their few paid miscreants.
most of these urchins are based abroad where things works but they keep forcing incompetence on us just for their selfish interests or ego.
while I understand our diversity and need for power rotation, I also believe that there are gems in every tribe and it's the tribe's duty to produce that gem because we all will suffer the consequences if things goes south.
Nigeria is not a harlot that corrupt politicians can take TURNS in banging especially from the notorious desperate corrupt one screaming " MY TURN " like he can't wait to have his way.
it's our job to resist them.
we have to get this right.
the ruling party Apc has failed us
we cannot re-enforce failure.
let's shun tribalism and do the right thing.
God bless us all.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu by Yibo(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
BaddestQueen:
Dear Nigerians as we're about to make another life decision that will make or mar us in the next 8 years or more, let's remember to make the right one.
after 8 years of misrule, I think we deserve a break from bad governance, deceitful politicians that thinks they can buy their way to power and hold us ransom for the next 8 years.
like I always say, suffering knows no tribe or religion but these politicians have made tribalism and religious sentiments take away our sense of reasoning.
no politician is a real Christian or Muslim because they're thieves and criminals which both religion condemns.
but they use this act to hold us to ransom every election making us to make bad decisions based on tribalism and religion sentiments each election period.
for example, Buhari is a Northerner but his misrule has affected all region he rules and I think the north are even the biggest victims of his misrules and incompetency.
Another election is here and they have rolled out their usual tribalism card to enslave us yet again.
but this time around we must resist them.
we're majority and I believe we can resist their few paid miscreants.
most of these urchins are based abroad where things works but they keep forcing incompetence on us just for their selfish interests or ego.
while I understand our diversity and need for power rotation, I also believe that there are gems in every tribe and it's the tribe's duty to produce that gem because we all will suffer the consequences if things goes south.
Nigeria is not a harlot that corrupt politicians can take TURNS in banging especially from the notorious desperate corrupt one screaming " MY TURN " like he can't wait to have his way.
it's our job to resist them.
we have to get this right.
the ruling party Apc has failed us
we cannot re-enforce failure.
let's shun tribalism and do the right thing.
God bless us all.
Lalasticlala myd44 seun
Rule 19
Re: Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu by KingofAnambra: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
Igbo:
Police should hurry up before the Igwe is cannibalized
They should check the nearest Peter Obi supporters camp, the man might still be there before IPOB behead him sad

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Ebonyi Monarch Eze Ambrose Ogbu by Yibo(m): 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
KingofAnambra:
They should check the nearest Peter Obi supporters camp, the man might still be there before IPOB behead him sad
Comrade you are right
#IGWELIVESMATTER

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Think Abuja Is Overrated / Had Enough..i Am Throwing My Phone Off My 16th Floor Building.. / Ango Abdullahi: We Still Have Not Got The Man Who Can Fix Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.