Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox (9792 Views)

Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case / Girl Spotted With Symptoms Of Monkeypox In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by References1: 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2022
The Kwara State Government on Thursday confirmed its first case of monkeypox in the North-Central state.

Dr Raji Razaq, the Commissioner for Health, disclosed this in Ilorin via a statement, saying the recorded case followed rigorous efforts of the surveillance and response team that it activated since the index case was reported in the country in March 2022.

“The first confirmed case in Kwara state involves a 29-year-old Nigerian driver who developed symptoms of fever, generalised rash, and weakness in the last two weeks and had been under our surveillance,” the statement partly read.

“There were contacts with the wife and four neighbours with similar symptoms where he lives at Gbugbu in Edu Local Government Area of Kwara State. All of which have been resolved by the health team.

“The patient has been on admission in the last one week because of suspicion of monkeypox. He has also been under strict monitoring by the surveillance and clinical team.”

“Currently, the patient is improving and stable in the ward.

“The government’s team has similarly begun health facility and community case search/contact tracing.

“The team will also intensify continuous public and community sensitization on the disease and its symptoms for public education and control.

“There is also ongoing training and retraining of health workers to strengthen our response to the development.

“The Ministry of Health is also notifying the appropriate agencies, especially the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, of the development.

“Members of the public are implored to step up efforts at personal and community hygiene as we work together to fight this disease.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/23/kwara-confirms-first-case-of-monkeypox/

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by ATEAMS: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
E Don B
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by OgaTheTop2: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
They have started. COVID never do

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
hmmmm kwara again

1 Like

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Olastep1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
How about APCPox

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Lateef73: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Vaccination loading...

Chicken pox and monkey pox have been around for a long time. Their vaccine are readily available so no fear of lockdown

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by JBoss25(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wahala

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by boocheey: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Go buy food stuffs keep for store..

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Maxymilliano(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
I hope this is not another avenue by States to push for financial supports from the FG

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by kenzysmith: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Cash out season is here for out going Governors

6 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by smile11s(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Money pox in town. Politicians will find way to reappropriate it for looting just like Covid

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by BigYash: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Where this one go carry am come shocked He should take it back to where he got it from o..
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by SandyLOVE08(f): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Monkeypox Nigeria is not for you oh. We are already suffering from APC pox.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by McOluOmo: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
Never shall we experience another lock down

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by OVikkytan49: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
I hope they are not trying to force us into lockdown for the second time undecided
I pray this is not true though, the country cannot afford another wahala in this already hard country.
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
#Anonymous warned of this stuff
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Stevo35: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
Monkeys right now..

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Rashkeed101: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
We don dey hear am
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Rebirth212: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
Make unah better die dis matter oooh

Now wey I dey find job..... Unah wan start with monkeypox abi ?

Make d person go bath with soda soap
AswearuGod e go clear

Bcuz me no wan hear another lockdown again

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by LienwaltAbel(m): 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
Some people haven't even checked if there's a vaccine, they just start writing rubbish.
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
Na so one old Britco... man dey talk of monkey pox in Nigeria telling me or saying WHO.. said the case dey worst for Nigeria... that is very very bad...

Me tell am say... their plan and wish no go work for Nigeria.... Covid was conquered so is this Monkey thing.... In Jesus Name...

Their plan no go work!!.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Angelfrost(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
First case?!! Lol!

These people are so clueless! grin grin grin
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by stabilizer: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
Thank God
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Angelfrost(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
Rebirth212:
Make unah better die dis matter oooh

Now wey I dey find job..... Unah wan start with monkeypox abi ?

Make d person go bath with soda soap
AswearuGod e go clear

Bcuz me no wan hear another lockdown again

Calm down abeg! E no bad like Coro! grin
Re: Kwara Confirms First Case Of Monkeypox by Agricmoney(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
hmm ok o

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple & Natural Ways To Become Virgin Again / Ex MBGN, Emmanuella Yaboh Organizes Breastcancer Awareness Program In Lagos / COVID-19 Update For November 9 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.