Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles (789 Views)

Why Are You Killing Christians In Nigeria?: Buhari Recalls Meeting With Trump / Buhari recalls Bashir Ahmad, upgrades him to Special Assistant / Emmy Benison: I Fought Boko Haram Naked In The Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Ctorch: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
I Fought Bitter Civil War;We Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles.

The president, who toured the permanent exhibitions at the Memorial, laid a wreath at the mass graves where more than 250,000 victims of genocide were buried.

President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Nigerians to tolerate each other and embrace peaceful co-existence to avoid a repeat of the 1967 Nigerian civil war and Kigali genocide history. Buhari made the appeal on Thursday in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, after visiting the Kigali Genocide Memorial.

The president, who toured the permanent exhibitions at the Memorial, laid a wreath at the mass graves where more than 250,000 victims of genocide were buried. He also paid tribute to the memory of the victims and prayed for healing for the survivors.

Buhari who spoke to newsmen after his tour at the Memorial noted that his greatest takeaway from the visit included the need for Nigerians to truly tolerate one another and for the nation to also preserve its own historical antecedents from the 30-month Civil War.

He said, “I went through all the experiences from January 15, 1966 to date. I was a Governor, Minister, and Head of State and went through detention. I returned to partisan politics and will finish my two terms as constitutionally allowed.

‘‘We fought a 30-month bitter civil war and we killed about a million of each other. Nigeria went through this kind of terrible development process,” he said.

Before departing, the President also wrote in the visitors’ book:

‘‘Remembering the victims of this dark history of the Rwanda Genocide, we pray that humanity will never experience this kind of hatred, wickedness and violence toward others because of their ethnic background, religion and beliefs.

‘‘Nigeria is strongly committed to the prevention of mass atrocity anywhere in the world and believes that perpetrators of such crimes; and their enablers, anywhere in the world must be held accountable.”

SaharaReporters reported how President Buhari travelled to Kigali, Rwanda on Wednesday for the 26th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).

During his stay in Rwanda, Buhari would engage in bilateral talks with the Rwandan President, Paul Kagame and the UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, on Thursday and thereafter, attend the official opening of CHOGM and meetings of Heads of State and Government on Friday.
https://saharareporters.com/2022/06/23/i-fought-bitter-civil-war-we-killed-million-nigerians-%E2%80%93-buhari-recalls-roles-1967-0?fbclid=IwAR39-lbkwCM48lkVlrftHfApnSBM0x14R0Y_0ugCgtBPHUWxxHdcaiCUfiI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Abdul05: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
Theirs...800,000 people were killed..
ours ....3000,000 including 1000,000 children

It was tragic .,, grin grin

The worst possible genocide... grin grin
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Ndibunna: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
I now agree and strongly hold the view that Buhari is a useless man.

Very Useless.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by kettykings: 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
Starved innocent women and children to death is that war.

Meanwhile an Ill equipped Biafran troop led by an unknown major Jonathan uchendu destroyed the whole of the 2nd division of the Nigerian military of about 6000 soldiers, sending the GOC , Gen murtala mohammed to am unplanned exile to UK till the end of the war.

Another Biafran division led by Udo Okpụhọ reduced the 3rd Armoured commando from 33,000 troops to less than 300 , inflicting severe near critical injuries on the former president Olusegun Obasanjo and making the previous GOC Adekunle a.k.a black scorpion to have mental breakdowns that afflicted him till he died.

Another Biafra troop severely wounded Ibrahim Babangida at uzuakoli giving him an injury he is still nursing till date.

What really did the Nigerian military do aside killing innocent women and children.

I hate this type of empty boatsand false claims

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by infini771: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2022
That's not war but genocide. Igbo's has suffered a lot in this country
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by IamWonderful: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ok
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by walosky(m): 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
All the way from Sudan?

Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by KUNZEH(m): 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2022
cry
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Danibonk(m): 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2022
The main issues na who win soldiers are meant to fight
kettykings:
Starved innocent women and children to death is that war.

Meanwhile an Ill equipped Biafran troop led by an unknown major Jonathan uchendu destroyed the whole of the 2nd division of the Nigerian military of about 6000 soldiers, sending the GOC , Gen murtala mohammed to am unplanned exile to UK till the end of the war.

Another Biafran division led by Udo Okpụhọ reduced the 3rd Armoured commando from 33,000 troops to less than 300 , inflicting severe near critical injuries on the former president Olusegun Obasanjo and making the previous GOC Adekunle a.k.a black scorpion to have mental breakdowns that afflicted him till he died.

Another Biafra troop severely wounded Ibrahim Babangida at uzuakoli giving him an injury he is still nursing till date.

What really did the Nigerian military do aside killing innocent women and children.

I hate this type of empty boatsand false claims
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by kettykings: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
Danibonk:
The main issues na who win soldiers are meant to fight

And who won? Both Russia, Ukraine, Poland Hungary Belarus Britain East Germany Egypt and Niger, Cameroon, Sudan all backed Nigeria. And what exactly did Nigeria achieve besides disgraceful starvation of women and children. Even Russia that is fighting Ukraine is not doing that.

This is the worst ever that has been done by a military in the world, most militaries don't touch women and children only quacks, societal misfits ,invalids attack women and children, the same tactics that Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen are using presently

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
Those who wanted to divided the country by then got their results
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Fortruth: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Isn’t this imposter’s writer a fool….. He is admitting to being a war criminal LOL

FOOLISH smelly Blackies
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Oplomo: 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
Instead of coming to heal the country, the stupid idiot came and started another civil war that his succesor will have to inherit. Stop preaching nonsense.

'Buhari is incompetent at managing diversity'- Bishop (Dr.) Mattew Kukah.
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Oplomo: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Those who wanted to divided the country by then got their results

That's why you Victor Adaojo will remain a hungry buffoon eating from dustbin and scrapping nickels from internet by looking for betsites to hack.. grin grin.

Iliterate Mugu wey dey pose beside other people car with jumpey trouser. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by perez100: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
War is not good because both sides will suffer heavy casualties.
Re: I Fought Bitter Civil War;we Killed A Million Of Nigerians –Buhari Recalls Roles by Sergio101(m): 11:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
Oplomo:

That's you Victor Adaojo will remain a hungry buffoon eating from dustbin and scrapping nickels from internet by looking for betsites to hack.. grin grin.

Iliterate Mugu wey dey pose beside other people car with jumpey trouser. grin grin

Nawaoh

cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Set To Move From Importation To Manufacturing – Official / Tribalism: I've Not Heard Or Read About Any Igbo Presidency Yoruba Supported / Nigerians Filmed Fighting With Matchettes In Dubai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.