Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Akan Okon Didnt Join Politics Because Of Intelligence And Leadership Strength - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akan Okon Didnt Join Politics Because Of Intelligence And Leadership Strength (219 Views)

Akan Okon: Ibom Deep Seaport Will Be The Game Changer To A'ibom Economy / Akan Okon: Ibom Deep Seaport To Be Built In Phases / Buhari: I joined Politics Because I’m Not Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akan Okon Didnt Join Politics Because Of Intelligence And Leadership Strength by edikandavid(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, Elder Emmanuel Udosen says Mr. Akan Okon was not nominated a commissioner in the State Executive Council on the basis of being endowed with intelligence and leadership qualities, rather his emergence was merely a favour on him by his bigger friend and mentor Governor Udom Emmanuel.

This, according to him is because a more intelligent and experienced aspirant or politician would have verified his allegations of certificate forgery against the pastor before resorting to legal action.

Reacting to the allegations, Elder Udosen who is the steering committee chairman of Friends of Umo Eno League, FUEL, said, “the allegation is simply a character damaging game/prank which the lettered political thugs and bullies use, but which the gullible aspirant, unwisely, took to court without verifying.

“Don't forget, Akan Okon didn't enter politics because he had any leadership or intellectual background, or any political antecedents, but was merely drafted in because he was a close friend and the bestman to HE during the latter's wedding.

“Of course, you can't blame HE for doing that. It is what any good friend would have done to his friend in a clime like ours.

“As I am writing, Akan Okon seems yet to understand the consequences of malicious prosecution and is thinking that in politics, any smear campaign is allowed.”

Elder Udosen suggested that the obvious reason for the attack is because Pastor Umo Eno possesses the three critical areas for governmental leadership which are Character, Capacity and Competence.

He maintained that “the court action is a futile effort aimed at dislocating at least one leg of the tripod which is his character.

“Much as I will speak less of the matter because it is subjudice, I hereby assure every well meaning member of the public that there is no cause for alarm.

“Many people have called or text me to express their genuine fears based on the social media reports that Pst. Umo Eno forged his WAEC certificate.

“I have tried to respond to some and may not be able to reach back to everyone who has espressed their sincere concern.

“By using this medium, I can assure my audience/readers that Pst. Umo Eno's certificates are all genuine and intact.

“I have not only found and touched them by myself but I have the privilege of ascertaining that WAEC has verified and confirmed his certificates at different times.

“Even if not on any other occasion, we know that Uniuyo, my alma mater, verifies every entry result. The university may be wanting in any other area, but certainly not in the area of entry results verification”, he added.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Shares Conditions For Political Parties To Substitute Vice-presidential Can / FG Directs All Education Department To Implement Retirement Age From 60-65 Years / We Raise By Raising Others, Tinubu Schools Before Davido Popularity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.