Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin (2423 Views)

Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying / My Yummy Beans And Plantain Recipe (frying Method).. Guys Come In And Learn / How To Make Nigeria Chin Chin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by crazyinlove: 3:07am On Jun 24, 2022
Hi everyone,

I always notice that the oil I am using to fry chin chin is always foamy and most times the foamy oil will raise and start flowing out from the frying pan.

This always happens when I am frying the 2nd or 3rd batch of the chin chin. Anyone has an idea why this might be happening and how I can stop it from happening.
Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by thuxzwda1: 3:28am On Jun 24, 2022
U Don 4get say bubu is still in charge? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by gasparpisciotta: 3:51am On Jun 24, 2022
Maybe na transformer oil u dey use!!!

1 Like

Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by chii8(f): 5:57am On Jun 24, 2022
It's the flour that's causing it...

1 Like

Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2022
Too much eggs in your mix. Also make sure your oulmis of good quality.

Last, use a large pot. The oil should be at most, no more than a third of the pot so it doesn't overflow.

1 Like

Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by crazyinlove: 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
Thanks everyone.
Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
crazyinlove:
Hi everyone,
I always notice that the oil I am using to fry chin chin is always foamy and most times the foamy oil will raise and start flowing out from the frying pan.

This always happens when I am frying the 2nd or 3rd batch of the chin chin. Anyone has an idea why this might be happening and how I can stop it from happening.
Do you use either baking soda or baking powder in your dough mix? undecided
Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by crazyinlove: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do you use either baking soda or baking powder in your dough mix? undecided
I use baking powder. Actually I used the recipe and measurement from this website https://mummysyum.com/nigerian-chin-chin-tasty-soft-and-crunchy/
Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
crazyinlove:

I use baking powder. Actually I used the recipe and measurement from this website https://mummysyum.com/nigerian-chin-chin-tasty-soft-and-crunchy/
Then the likely cause of the bubbling is the baking soda so you need not worry. Just get yourself a bigger pan or even a deep pot to fru it in next time. undecided

1 Like

Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by Cantonese: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
Change that oil.
Re: Oil Is Foamy I Am Frying Chin Chin by Redstorm(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
Do you use too much eggs as part of the ingredients? That could be the cause

(1) (Reply)

Some Unbelievable Facts About Food That You Might Not Know / The Different Types Of Nigerian Kilishi / Cakes For All Occasions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.