Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update (2186 Views)

ASUU strike update / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU To Announce Continuation Or Suspension Today. / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by AAA593: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2022
sinkhole:
Similar to Gifmis!
Ippis is different
Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by sinkhole: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2022
AAA593:

Ippis is different
But I know the AGF office was thinking of domesticating the IPPIS in such a way that workers will not have to be going to Abuja for any problem again!
Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by AAA593: 9:58am On Jun 24, 2022
sinkhole:
But I know the AGF office was thinking of domesticating the IPPIS in such a way that workers will not have to be going to Abuja for any problem again!
Ippis is not good for the university system
Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by Vickho: 11:51am On Jun 24, 2022
sinkhole:
You're right, and that is why they set up Briggs committee to help them do the talking and they have since finished their talks, unfortunately, the problem of the Universities does not end with just the Education Ministry! There is issue of finance (Ministry of Finance), issue of technicalty of payment platform (NITDA), you can not leave out the National Universities Commission (NUC) out of things like this, and so on. Besides, the whole problem is a labour issue and that is where Ngige comes in!
you absolutely nailed it
Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by Phillyboi(m): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
sinkhole:
Bros, I no be ASUU member neither am I an FG delegate at their meetings, if I get information I will release it and if the info turns out to be wrong, sorry I owe nobody any apology embarassed
NOTE: I never said strike will be over this week, not even next week, but I am very sure that both ASUU and FG are trying everything they could to make sure the strike ends very very soon! FG has agreed to many issues of ASUU except for the payment platform (IPPIS or UTAS), FG seems to be adamant on IPPIS while ASUU seems not to want to shift ground on UTAS.
. It's not ending this week , next week but very very soon ..

My bro, whenever it ends , we accept ..
Stop saying soon when the end is not in sight .. they couldn't even meet this week for ffs . The briggs committee has concluded negotiations and now we have to deal with foot draggings from both parties ..
lol .. it's exhaustive
Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by Shineoneday: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2022
Phillyboi:
. It's not ending this week , next week but very very soon ..

My bro, whenever it ends , we accept ..
Stop saying soon when the end is not in sight .. they couldn't even meet this week for ffs . The briggs committee has concluded negotiations and now we have to deal with foot draggings from both parties ..
lol .. it's exhaustive

Hahahaha..in as much as I want this strike to end soon am beginning to lost interest about the news especially the "behind the scenes" wahala.... But nevertheless it will call off before election or before August.
Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by Voldoz: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2022
The negotiation is between ASUU and Ministry of Education so Ngige is a third party
Re: ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Latest Update by Gabbriell: 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
sinkhole:
From what I am even able to gather, FG has already agreed to most of their demands except this their UTAS thing! To me, I think they should just collect their salaries and leave the IPPIS alone!

That's true. Sometimes it's better to "live to fight another day".

I know FG is very callous but to dey over do everything is not good. So ASUU should take the their victory and and call off the strike instead of trying to win everything at once. If not, the strike go enter next year.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Will Be Over Soon - Jonathan Declares / Geology Of Cross River State, Nigeria / Admission In Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.