Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? (2157 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2014 Vs Toyota Camry 2012 / Removing Thermostat In A Car... What Is The Idea / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by starlionnotch: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
Please, i need urgent help, my radiator dries up too quickly in a space of 2 weeks and my canry 2012 over heats, since this is Nigeria, would you advice i remove the thermostat?
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Sparrk007(m): 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
Change your radiator

7 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Dododawa01: 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
Sparrk007:
Change your radiator

This is the solution, forget abt Naija weather, i have a similar vehicle i bought in 2015 and my thermostat is still intact and nothing like overheating.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Antihelminth: 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
Sparrk007:
Change your radiator

What if it's the thermostat that needs changing
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by HenryWilliams(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2022
Antihelminth:

A damaged thermostat can't cause coolant loss of that scale.. the radiator is damaged

4 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by UncutSk(m): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2022
you want to ruin your car?

1 Like

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by homeboy205: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
You gatz trace where the water is going first.
Might be outside leaks or inside leaks.

My car has leak at clips before which means I just change the clip
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by kkonsults: 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
Don’t remove the thermostat ..
Change the radiator or Check for leakages as suggested above
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Antihelminth: 7:26am On Jun 25, 2022
HenryWilliams:

A damaged thermostat can't cause coolant loss of that scale.. the radiator is damaged

Water dries up in a span of two weeks
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by 9icetoo(m): 7:50am On Jun 25, 2022
starlionnotch:
Please, i need urgent help, my radiator dries up too quickly in a space of 2 weeks and my canry 2012 over heats, since this is Nigeria, would you advice i remove the thermostat?
Your thermostat is not your problem.

Look for source of the leak.
It could be radiator, hose, connection between hose and engine, hose and radiator, thermostat housing etc.

But it's not your thermostat.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by adanny01(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2022
HenryWilliams:

May not be true, he just has a leak that he needs to find.

Changing the radiator is just throwing parts and may not resolve it.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by biggace(m): 8:32am On Jun 25, 2022
Your thermostat might be damaged, replace it don't remove it.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Sparrk007(m): 8:37am On Jun 25, 2022
Antihelminth:

tell your mechanic to remove The water thermostat. Then if your radiator is old change it, e will help your engine.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Cokahot: 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
Bros remove it. It has expired. Most fool s up on here got no car in reality. I removed mine since December last year. For an 09 rx,imagine 09 model from factory thermostat,e no even open when I check am. It has no use here in Nigeria and your temp guage no dey pass 2 to 4pins max. Thermostat or not. E nor even get usefulness for naija .weather damn hot.if no be rain ,men na war. Main culprit,radiator fit dey leak from under.side facing the bumper. I had mine checked January,it was leaking and some parts were open.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Mrcalxy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
Cokahot:
Bros remove it. It has expired. Most fool s up on here got no car in reality. I removed mine since December last year. For an 09 rx,imagine 09 model from factory thermostat,e no even open when I check am. It has no use here in Nigeria and your temp guage no dey pass 2 to 4pins max. Thermostat or not. E nor even get usefulness for naija .weather damn hot.if no be rain ,men na war. Main culprit,radiator fit dey leak from under.side facing the bumper. I had mine checked January,it was leaking and some parts were open.

It’s people like you that misuse car and give the term *nigeria used* as no-go area.

Understand the use of a component first before taking actions. If you do you’ll know that thermostat is needed in a car; be it Nigeria or overseas.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by HenryWilliams(m): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
adanny01:

May not be true, he just has a leak that he needs to find.

Changing the radiator is just throwing parts and may not resolve it.

A leak that dries out in two weeks with no obvious signs is a damaged radiator.
The bottom seals are leaking and only shows face during operation.. when radiator is pressurized.
He will drive with no issues until coolant level is way down.. then overheating slowly creeps in
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Kingdemu: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mrcalxy:

It’s people like you that misuse car and give the term *nigeria used* as no-go area.

Understand the use of a component first before taking actions. If you do you’ll know that thermostat is needed in a car; be it Nigeria or overseas.
If I was a Mod, I would've long banned that guy's ar$e from this section. Only God knows the number of car owners his numerous "advice" has put in trouble. Guy is ignorant but feels he knows a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Grupo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
If it takes up to two weeks for the radiator to dry, it means the leak is from the radiator and it's small as well.

The water only leaks when the radiator is in use and under pressure.

Change your radiator and enjoy your car.

If you remove your thermostat, your fuel consumption will increase.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by BoboKush(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2022
Why nt let ur mechanic help u trace it

It might be ordinary radiator cover or leaking radiator

Hope when you check ur engine oil water is nt mixed with it
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Manuella4ace: 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2022
Why will you even think of removing your thermostat?

1 Like

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Peppermintflav: 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
starlionnotch:
This type of leak can only be detected when the cooling system is under pressure. You need to check all the water hoses throughout the engine bay, plus the radiator.

1 Like

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Cokahot: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Most of you fools have no brain,90% of u toxic idiots on here have no car,have never driven a car for months,neither have u ever had 15m in your bank accounts . So don't get pained ,u dumbo. Thermostat is only good for abroad and not Nigeria. The car u bought is tokunbor and not brand new,u r not the only person that has driven it before it came to naija. Ols remove the thermostat fast. Don't let quacks mess up your car.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Grupo(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2022
Cokahot:
Most of you fools have no brain,90% of u toxic idiots on here have no car,have never driven a car for months,neither have u ever had 15m in your bank accounts . So don't get pained ,u dumbo. Thermostat is only good for abroad and not Nigeria. The car u bought is tokunbor and not brand new,u r not the only person that has driven it before it came to naija. Ols remove the thermostat fast. Don't let quacks mess up your car.

Oga, shut up and stop typing like a brainless idiot.

I have been driving my car since 2019 with the thermostat instant in a state with a very high temperature.

Loud idiots like you will never want to learn.

Imagine asking someone to remove thermostat in a 2012 car. And somehow you are the wise one.

Wonders, they say sha never end.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Cokahot: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
2012 to 2022 a wetin. Can u buy a phone and use the battery for ten years. Odeh
Grupo:

Oga, shut up and stop typing like a brainless idiot.

I have been driving my car since 2019 with the thermostat instant in a state with a very high temperature.

Loud idiots like you will never want to learn.

Imagine asking someone to remove thermostat in a 2012 car. And somehow you are the wise one.

Wonders, they say sha never end.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Originalsly: 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2022
Cokahot:

Why a thermostat is needed in the US but not in Nigeria? Can you explain.... I want to learn something new today.

@ topic. your radiator runs dry in two weeks. What do you pour in your radiator.... coolant or water? That's the first thing need to be considered. If it is water then the problem is not about leakage.... it's evaporation and you cannot solve that if you continue to use water. If it is coolant... then there is some kind of leakage. It may be the radiator... it can be damaged or old hoses.... it can be the hose clamps got loose... you need to check and find out first instead of jumping to conclusion. I suggest you take it to a certified mechanic.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Manuella4ace: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
Cokahot:

My 20years c200 compressor still has it thermostat intact,
There are many benefits
* Make the car reach optimum temperature fast e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Cokahot: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2022
20 years old car rugged na,thermostat or not. C200 compressor. Haba,u sef see benz wey u dey pull. Wayback, compact old school benz.
Manuella4ace:

My 20years c200 compressor still has it thermostat intact,
There are many benefits
* Make the car reach optimum temperature fast e.t.c
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Manuella4ace: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2022
Cokahot:
20 years old car rugged na,thermostat or not. C200 compressor. Haba,u sef see benz wey u dey pull. Wayback, compact old school benz.

Nah the old school I dey drive but wetin I wan tell you be say, em thermostat dey kampe.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Bizzyliss(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2022
Cokahot:
my highlander and rx 350 2010 4 years now and my thermostat is still intact.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Cokahot: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2022
Whether it's thr or not,it has no usefullness. Don't be dumb
Bizzyliss:
my highlander and rx 350 2010 4 years now and my thermostat is still intact.
Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by Bizzyliss(m): 9:40am On Jul 02, 2022
Cokahot:
Whether it's thr or not,it has no usefullness. Don't be dumb
since it has no usefulness, let it be there idiot

1 Like

Re: Should I Remove My Thermostat in my camry 2012? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2022
Cokahot:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chevrolet/Daewoo/Opel (GM)thread / Russian Student Pimps Her Mercedes With 1 Million Swarovski Crystals / Between A Lexus Rx 300(2003),ml 350 (2003) And An Acura Mdx(2006) Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.