Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" (2921 Views)

Peter Aboki Drags Alanana Otaki To Court For Snatching His Wife, Felicia Aboki / What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / APC UK Mocks Corpers Who Don't Know Meaning Of 'CCTV' & 'vertebrae' (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by ume1000: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
growing up in the southern most part of Nigeria ,aboki was often used when referring to any Hausa /Fulani person (especially the shoemakers and tailor)

So what does it mean in your area
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by rickpat(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
it literally means "my friend"

but stop using it because in the south they use it to refer to a foolish person,so the hausa man doesn't like it when a Southerner calls him aboki

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by Speakz: 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Its a Hausa word,

Aboki means Friend

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by awoniyi1236(m): 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
Friend
Aboki na (my Friend)

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by Lasmarr: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
friend
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by Natbrowny: 10:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
Aboki literally means Friend

However if you call a hausa man who resides in the southern part Aboki, he feels its an insult (as it has always been anyways)

If you say Aboki na. It means MY FRIEND and he will feel cool to flow with you.

Normally sef no one calls some1 friend. Its always My Friend in any language

Aboki na
Ore mi
enyi m

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by Spending123: 12:04am On Jun 25, 2022
Aboki means my friend in Hausa language while down south, Aboki means a foolish person or a mumu man. OP hope you understand.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by KingMack(m): 12:49am On Jun 25, 2022
Aboki means Friend

But real Hausa men finds that as insult especially because according to history it was what the Igbos used in decieving them in overshadowing them in business since they're so easy to trust outsiders.

But even the hausas do not address each others as Aboki in present days..instead they say Mutumina (My person) Dan uwa( can't remember that .lol) etc

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by Demonicus: 7:40am On Jun 25, 2022
KingMack:
Aboki means Friend

But real Hausa men finds that as insult especially because according to history it was what the Igbos used in decieving them in overshadowing them in business since they're so easy to trust outsiders.

But even the hausas do not address each others as Aboki in present days..instead they say Mutumina (My person) [b]Dan uwa
( can't remember that .lol) etc[/b]

Dan uwa=my brother

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by shortIGBOman: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2022
rickpat:
it literally means "my friend"

but stop using it because in the south they use it to refer to a foolish person,so the hausa man doesn't like it when a Southerner calls him aboki

Na big lie.
Na Aboki I be and a proud one at that.
Aboki means "friend". It doesn't change even in the North.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by shortIGBOman: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2022
KingMack:
Aboki means Friend

But even the hausas do not address each others as Aboki in present days..instead they say Mutumina (My person) Dan uwa( can't remember that .lol) etc

See another lies again from one Emeka that has never left Aba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 25, 2022
It's supposed to means "my friend"

But if someone call u Aboki or Adamu as an Igbo human it means ur Mumu level no be here grin

It's better For a northerner to call you " nyamuri than for ur fellow Igbo man call you " Aboki or Adamu grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by ume1000: 9:10am On Jun 25, 2022
Health360:
It's supposed to means "my friend"

But if someone call u Aboki or Adamu as an Igbo human it means ur Mumu level no be here grin

It's better For a northerner to call you " nyamuri than for ur fellow Igbo man call you " Aboki or Adamu grin
as a kid always thought it meant a fool cause of the circumstances in which it was used for instance mama go tell im pikin say im dey do like aboki

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by amsad19(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2022
kollinz1234:

Same north refers to yorubas as 'Balarbe', which means one who is cunning, one who is not to be trusted. Etc

They are all derogatory names.

What you say here is incorrect, Bayarbe is just referred to a yoruba man, same as Bafulatani means a fulani man, Bahaushe means a hausa man, Baribari means a kanuri man, please don't post on what you do not know thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:01am On Jun 25, 2022
SADLY,IT MEANS MY BOYFRIEND grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by kollinz1234(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
GBOKASINCHA:
that's a stupid lie why will an igbo person speak igbo to a non igbo saying yem miri? I have never even met an igbo person in the north that don't speak hausa, igbos are very multilingual I grew up and stay in jos and I speak hausa and igbo very fluently and I don't see any scenario where I will speak igbo to any hausa or indigenes saying yemiri, I will say I na so n ruwa sha or ka ba ni ruwan sha ....so ur statement is a figment of ur imagination
I am sure you don't perform well at school because you don't study your books well. Now read again and tell me what your brain was able to process
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by gosmoney(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
With all d comments I read it’s means aboki self no know d mean of aboki dis seems to be like a slang dat no body knows d meaning hmmm
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by lilbarracuda(m): 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
Aboki (Monkey)
Aboki na (my Friend)
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Word"aboki" by KingMack(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2022
shortIGBOman:

See another lies again from one Emeka that has never left Aba.

Sense dey heavy you

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Sense In Establishing More Varsities – Obafunwa, Lasu V.c / public or private university! which one do you think is better?? / The Sad Event That Made Uniben Freshers Orientation End Before Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.