Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel (568 Views)

Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) / New Dead Sea Scrolls In Israel Reveals Fragments Of Biblical Prophets (Pics) / Tornado Destroys House, But Prayer Closet Still Standing In Alabama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by J3susFr3ak: 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2022
The Modi'in synagogue (2nd century BCE) was discovered at a site between Modi'in and Latrun, is the oldest synagogue within modern Israel that has been found to date, which existed between the end of the 2nd and the late 1st century BCE, during the Hasmonean period.[2] It was rebuilt in the late 1st century BCE during the Herodian period.[2][3] This second phase includes a nearby mikve, additional to the preserved sitting bath in the courtyard, which existed already during the first phase.[2]

Archaeologists have uncovered many remains of synagogues from over two thousand years ago, including several that were in use before the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. Synagogues securely dated to before the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem include the two synagogues from Migdal, probably a synagogue at Capernaum,[dubious – discuss], the synagogues at Modi'in and Modi'in Illit, and the small synagogue at the top of Masada. The Theodotos Synagogue Inscription from Jerusalem is usually considered to have come from a synagogue of the Second Temple period as well, although the associated building has not been discovered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_synagogues_in_Israel

Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wow
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:23am On Jun 25, 2022
Hmm...
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by Cordenify(m): 1:37am On Jun 25, 2022
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by tobilanreo: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2022
Fascinating
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by AntiChristian: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2022
Is this the synagogue Jesus was chasing people out with cords?
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by J3susFr3ak: 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
AntiChristian:
Is this the synagogue Jesus was chasing people out with cords?

That would be the Temple in Jerusalem destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. Besides, you're trying to be be mischievous with your whole "Jesus chasing people out wit cords" thing. Jesus never hurt anyone...he hated the idea of turning a place of worship into a business center.

The real AntiChrist (not you...you're just an ignorant and deluded Mohammedian) --will rebuild the Old Temple again in Jerusalem at the time of the last days before Jesus returns.

Read about it.
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by AntiChristian: 5:22am On Jun 27, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

That would be the Temple in Jerusalem destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. Besides, you're trying to be be mischievous with your whole "Jesus chasing people out wit cords" thing. Jesus never hurt anyone...he hated the idea of turning a place of worship into a business center.

The real AntiChrist (not you...you're just an ignorant and deluded Mohammedian) --will rebuild the Old Temple again in Jerusalem at the time of the last days before Jesus returns.

Read about it.

How did you know I was trying to be mischievous? Are you a mind reader? Anyways! You lies on me just like other Christian who claimed possession of the holy spirit. May you be judged likewise.
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by J3susFr3ak: 1:55am On Jun 30, 2022
AntiChristian:

How did you know I was trying to be mischievous? Are you a mind reader? Anyways! You lies on me just like other Christian who claimed possession of the holy spirit. May you be judged likewise.

I have had interactions with some Yoruba Muslims in the past who will go into the Bible to try to prove to me that Jesus was really a "violent person" too or that he abused people. So they bring up the verse you referenced and another verse which he seems to imply that a Syrophoenician woman was a "dog". It is like someone with a bad reputation trying so hard to find fault with you and then digs up instances where you seem to be aggressive or rude....you get my point?

With regards to the woman...Jesus was testing her faith and her ability to persevere. And in the end he praised the same woman as having more faith than even the Jewish people who are like the children dining on the table.

So based on how Muslims "misyarn" when quoting references to Jesus...I imagined you to be also mischievous. But my apologies if you are not. Your moniker is "AntiChristian" --which is like a big bad Gremlin right there!
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by AntiChristian: 8:24am On Jun 30, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

I have had interactions with some Yoruba Muslims in the past who will go into the Bible to try to prove to me that Jesus was really a "violent person" too or that he abused people. So they bring up the verse you referenced and another verse which he seems to imply that a Syrophoenician woman was a "dog". It is like someone with a bad reputation trying so hard to find fault with you and then digs up instances where you seem to be aggressive or rude....you get my point?

With regards to the woman...Jesus was testing her faith and her ability to persevere. And in the end he praised the same woman as having more faith than even the Jewish people who are like the children dining on the table.

So based on how Muslims "misyarn" when quoting references to Jesus...I imagined you to be also mischievous. But my apologies if you are not. Your moniker is "AntiChristian" --which is like a big bad Gremlin right there!

Since you claim Muslims do what you claim, don't Christians do worse? Your brothers abuse our Prophet and Allah saying all sort of thrash. But you'll never find any Muslim abuse Jesus except based on what is in the Bible.

It would have been better if your Brothers give same excuses you give Jesus to our Prophet too. Tolerance is living and letting others live!
Do your own make i do mine! Islam is anti modern day Christianity as we don't believe in the death of Jesus, vicarious atonement, trinity and the divinity of Jesus!
Re: 2170 Year Old Jewish Synagouge Still Standing In Israel by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:39am On Jun 30, 2022
AntiChristian:

Since you claim Muslims do what you claim, don't Christians do worse? Your brothers abuse our Prophet and Allah saying all sort of thrash. But you'll never find any Muslim abuse Jesus except based on what is in the Bible.

It would have been better if your Brothers give same excuses you give Jesus to our Prophet too. Tolerance is living and letting others live!
Do your own make i do mine! Islam is anti modern day Christianity as we don't believe in the death of Jesus, vicarious atonement, trinity and the divinity of Jesus!

So you never abuse Biblical Jesus before abi? Taqqiya master, oníró omo

(1) (Reply)

The Love Of Sheikh Buhari Omo Musa / As A Preacher You Must Take A Firm Stand Against sexual Immorality / Christmas And New Year Greetings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.