Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

Shocking! - I Never Knew Richarlyson Sleeps With Both Women & Men - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shocking! - I Never Knew Richarlyson Sleeps With Both Women & Men (706 Views)

Adrian Sleeps With UEFA Super Cup Trophy / Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" / Shiva N’Zigou Kills Mother In Spiritual Sacrifice, Sleeps With Aunt, Sister, Gay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! - I Never Knew Richarlyson Sleeps With Both Women & Men by Brilliantgene: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ex-Brazil star Richarlyson comes out as bisexual but laments homophobia in football and his homeland.

Read Also: Todd Boehly tries his best to retain star player, Reece James and offer him a long-term deal ( https://247moneyideas.com/chelsea-owner-boehly-aims-reece-james/ )

The two-cap Selecao star had been reluctant to reveal his sexuality due to the possible fallout it could have.

Richarlyson opened up on dating both men and women in his appearance on the Nos Armarios dos Vestiarios podcast.

The 39-year-old said: "All my life I've been asked if I'm gay.

Read Also: Hannibal Shares Pictures Holding A Gun ( https://247moneyideas.com/man-utd-star-player-hannibal-mejbri-shares-picture-on-instagram-holding-a-gun/ )

"I've had a relationship with a man and I've had a relationship with a

"And the meme is ready. They will say, 'Wow, but swear? I had no idea.'

"Man, I'm normal, I have wants and desires.

"I've dated a man, I've dated a woman, but so what? What are you going to do? Anything."

Richarlyson is doubtful his honesty will have much impact or lead to positive change in Brazil, where footballers are idolised but homophobia is rife.

Read Also: Bad moment for Lukaku ( https://247moneyideas.com/chelsea-400m-misused-on-expensive-strikers-as-romelu-lukaku-to-leave-the-club/ )

He continued: "It's going to paint a headline that Richarlyson talked about on a podcast that he's bisexual. Nice.

"And we are here talking about football, okay, but football is a small business.

"Ah, but your speech can help. No, it won't help.

"Who is Richarlyson, for God's sake?! I am a mere ordinary citizen, who had a nice history in football, but I will not be able to move mountains to stop these crimes, to stop homophobia in football."

Richarlyson enjoyed a fine career as a holding midfielder in his home country, especially with giants Sao Paulo and Atletico Mineiro.

He won three Serie A titles and the Club World Cup with Sao Paulo before Copa Libertadores glory with Mineiro in 2013.

And in 2008, he earned both of his caps for the Brazil national team.

He decided to retire for good in 2021 with his heart set on moving into commentating - but feared coming out could affect his post-playing career.

'TODAY I FELT COMFORTABLE SPEAKING'

Richarlyson added: “I didn't want to be ruled out because of my sexuality, that I'm bisexual.

"I wanted people to see me as a mirror for everything I've achieved in my work.

"I never put my sexuality ahead of my work, and I never would. And I'm not saying that now because I stopped playing.

"A lot of mean people will say that, which I said now because I don't play anymore. Not.

"I never spoke because it was not my priority, as it was not today, but today I felt comfortable speaking."

Please for those looking for jobs (precisely online jobs, because of distance), try your best to be visiting the link below on daily basis inorder to see the latest Job Alerts there:

https://247moneyideas.com/category/jobs/

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Linked With A Surprise Move For Paris Saint-germain Star / Week 8 Pool Fixture For Saturday 27 August 2022 – UK 2022/2023 Season / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The Highest Paid Player After Al-Nassr Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.