Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated (37737 Views)

Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 / Please How Much Is Ican And How Do I Go About It? / ICAN Release The Result Of Nov 2017 Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Covenant97(m): 11:56am On Jun 25, 2022
Good day fellas!!

Early this morning I log into my LinkedIn account and on my newsfeed I saw series of congratulatory messages and inspiring quotes from peeps on the ICAN results that just got released...

Although, I was happy for them, at least it’s time to enjoy the reward of their handwork and investment paid off...but while on this, my mind was troubled not for bad reasons though, but in that the number of graduating chartered accountant are way high in there numbers and some student still in school are veering to get chartered as well...with this in mind I began to question myself if ICAN as it is today is still worth it or just overrated given the basic law of demand and supply...more chartered accountant plunging into the system with few but highly competitive job around..what does the future hold for this peeps......

Conversely, began to notice that most people who became chartered and those who are one day looking forward to be one are doing for The grams, to feel among, to impress friends and family that they are smart as most saw that only a genius can pass the exam according to them....

The craze to feel counted and ego boosted( not all though) has made the profession too saturated leading most accountant unemployed or underpaid( the ones who saw it as their career life goals)....

With this in mind is the ICAN journey a worthy to embark on( for who who are yet to, myself inclusive) or is it just overrated...

Ps on the level of difficulty attach to the exam how true is it.. for those who has written... I have seen and come across peeps who brag about its difficulty in a bid to make themselves special and downplay the efforts of others who had failed in the exam... this is particularly common among the current crop of ACA...

It there a secret or special kind of strategy and approach one need to know or failed to know that makes the ICAN look as if it’s only surmountable by the genius alone....

I come in peace......

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by IrepChrist: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
I can remember when the board started in the early 90's it was prestigious to be called a chartered accountant but this days there are lots of accounting applications that has redefined accounting. IT and accounting are now 5&6.

Brethren Jesus loves you. There is eternity after our sojourn on earth It pays to live for Christ and to die would be gain.

Please repent today.

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Lilchilz(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
At LAST!!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by NaijaCover(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Cha E

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Gamjojo78(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Ican na wa o
Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by FalseProphet1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Yes o it's overrated.

This I have seen.

15 Likes

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Sonnick(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
ICAN so useless now.
I can't..

17 Likes

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Cyingfreeman: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
I came to read comments and get educated

23 Likes

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Ezedon(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Not in Buhari regime

1 Like

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Moh247: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
cool

No knowledge is over rated, no certificate is over rated

If you think certificate is over rated go and see what our olodo Politicians are going through to get certificate like Buhari and Adeleke

On a more serious note, go and get a master's degree in Business Administration or Economics while you get you ICAN side by side

Powerful Artificial intelligence softwares are taking over Accounting Profession slowly and you need to display more competence in business world to get a job

Take a look at QuickBooks packages, there is no accounting for small business that it can't handle

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Olastep1(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Everything is overrated in Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by endsarrrs(f): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
sad The last time i checked, ICAN/ANAN certified ACCOUNTANT GENERAL OF NIGERIA was accused of stealing 80 BILLION NAIRA

Thieves!

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Mickeybook(f): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
Nigeria itself is over rated.... Everyone is just searching for personal Ego with the believe of he go better one day.... Bad enough, The ogas at the top have consumed the glories of their unborn generation through corruption (Imagine Accountant General of federation stole 80 billion naira cool

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by OluwafuntoAK(f): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
You're getting it wrong,the Accountant general was never a member of ICAN�
Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by NewNg1: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
It's not. Listen to the untold stories of every successful student that is now chartered.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by canalily(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
No, it's I CAN'T that is overrated

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Caleb17: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
ICAN is now common. Every profession in Nigeria is now over saturated because bad governance. Our graduates has no jobs. VOTE PETER OBI FOR PRESIDENT!

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by HORLADY(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
ICAN is not overrated my brother. While there are gifted/ genius who successfully qualified in two diets, a lot of peeps like me spent 4yrs(8diets) to achieve same feat. I am not where I want to be yet, but I won't be where I am today if I have not qualified as a Chartered Accountant 2yrs ago. Today, I discuss with State Governor, Commissioners and Men of Substance because of ICAN certificate in my kitty.

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Highways: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Everyone wants to leave the country... Ask yourself is ICAN recognised outsid the country

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Lilchilz:
At LAST!!!

Congrats! You've achieved a lifelong dream. LAPO has given you 200k loan. Use it wisely. Don't carry ashawo ooh.

51 Likes

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Bugatie(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
No it’s not over rated, ICAN is a professional qualification for every Accounting graduate.

Proudly FCA.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by ecolime(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Nope

It's not overrated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by StrikeBack(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Chattered Accountant in a scattered country.

I pity the future of these ones because this is just mere paper certificate to pepper friends and family.

This same Scattered accountant will again start looking for jobs where there is none and afterwards blame the incoming President for their failed journey.

The craze for “tech jobs” flying around is even more ridiculous to me..

9 Likes

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by money121(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by anonimi: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Sonnick:
ICAN so useless now.
I can't..

Please what is more useful then

2 Likes

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by BibleStoreng: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Get a free Bible and book when you participate in Bible Store's giveaway ending in 5 days
Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by HiideaConsole(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Irep.Christ:
Y
WiszyF.raud:
N
NaijaCov.er:
Cha E
Gamjoj.o78:
H
Mickeybo.ok:
Nigeria itself is over rated....
New.Ng1:
A
BibleStore.ng:
V
ufotty.2001:

Space bookers association... I hail thee ooo

6 Likes

Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by ufotty2001: 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Re: Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated by Komu1048(m): 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Those bragging, if them sabi book they won’t go for accounting in the first place. Where medicine, pharm, Engnrs n law dey?

But in the committee of Olodos, the average one will always see themselves as genius. People wet I.T and computer graduate don collect their work tire

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State / One Legged Man Carrying Cement Bag (Photos) / MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.