Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? (5759 Views)

Free Guide On How To Start Popcorn Buzines, What You Need And How Profitable It / How Profitable Is Rental Business? / How Profitable Is Bakery Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by mobiss(m): 2:39am On Jul 24, 2011
The fact remains that I've been pondering on delving into different types of profitable business and fortunately for me, someone introduced me to a cooking gas business with a six month apprenticeship training and fee of #20,000. But, i need to know how profitable is this type of business in Nigeria market and what will be the average capital I'll need to set up my own Gas BAY? Also does it worth investing on? I'll appreciate all sorts of professional ideas and comments, Thanks.
Re: How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by ellagold(m): 4:24am On Jul 24, 2011
it depends on your target market and market research
Re: How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by mobiss(m): 5:30am On Jul 24, 2011
I'm targeting various house user and probably eatories. For now,my research has been restricted to my environment,also I'm to out-beat at least two or three market competitors in my area. What do you think? Thanks as you reply
Re: How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by emmaoanidu(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2011
I worked on this sometime ago on this. Firstly you need less than 500k to start. The profit margin per sale of 12.5kg cylinder is about N600 which means you have to be in an area where the threshold, that is population can afford you to do good volume sales per day/week. A delivery vehicle from the point of purchase plant to your intended location will be an added advantage and of great value to the biz. Another way you can increase sales is a reduction of your sale price instead of making N600 you will make N400. That will increase your turnover fast. Marketing on a door to door basis and home delivery is also not a bad strategy to employ. But remember that new businesses always come with challenges and patience is the key. Like the bible says Paul planted, Apollos watered but only God gives increase. Pray for favor

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by niapay(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
Re: How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by clip: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2011
Good contributions,keep the thread going
Re: How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by jummy05: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
u can contact on 07030816569 or jide_adesina @aol.com for findings on that business
Re: How Profitable Is The Cooking Gas Business? by igbanbajo(m): 1:51am On Jul 27, 2011
Bookmarked.

(1) (Reply)

R & S Number Combination The Key To Hitting The 50m Naira 2014 Jackpot / December 2020 Inflation Rate Rises To 15.75% As Food Inflation Jumps To 19.56% / US Bank Account. Pay Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.