Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police (2332 Views)

Tinubu’s Background Claim At Chatham House Contradicts Sworn Affidavit To INEC / Senator Ademola Adeleke's Graduation Ceremony At Atlanta Metropolitan College / Garba Shehu Contradicts Osinbajo On Ruga Settlements - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Bobloco: 7:46am On Jun 26, 2022
…Says sibling’s age is 25yrs, not 15

By Efe Onodjae& Nwabueze Okonkwo

The younger brother of David Ukpo Nwanmini, an alleged victim of organ trafficking involving Senator Ike Ekwerrmadu and his wife in the United Kingdom, Jonathan Ukpo Nwanmini, yesterday, said his sibling is 25 years old as against 15 claimed by the British Police.

The brother, who claimed to be 22 years old, told Sunday Vanguard that the victim is his elder brother.

He said:”David is my elder brother because we are both of the same father with different mothers and we hail from Ebonyi State. I will be 22 years old by next month and David is 25 years old. I am aware that he travelled because he told me. He did not disclose the country he was travelling to. He simply told me he was going to school abroad.

“After some months of not hearing from him, I got his number from his girlfriend and called him. I asked about his studies and work.

He said it was fine but that he was not working yet as he needed to go to school first before he could be given a working paper. I told him about our dad who was not feeling fine.

This was the conversation we had this month since January when he travelled. He was staying with us here in Ikotun before he left. We both sell phone accessories. We spoke last week. We even spoke again this week.”

Another businessman in Ikotun who pleaded anonymity also told Sunday Vanguard that: “David left Nigeria in January. He told us that someone promised to sponsor his education in the UK. He never mentioned the name of the person, but from what I have read online, it might be that the person was an intermediary between David and the former Deputy Speaker.”

Last Thursday, the Metropolitan Police announced that Ekweremadu and his wife were charged to court over the allegation of bringing a child with the name David to the UK for organ harvesting.

The police added that an investigation was launched after detectives were alerted to potential offences under modern slavery legislation in May 2022.

Organ harvesting involves removing parts of the body, often for commercial gain and against the will of the victim. The former Deputy Senate President was said to have needed a kidney donor for his daughter, Sonia, who is down with renal failure.

Ekweremadu and his wife appeared at the Uxbridge Magistrates Court in West London last Thursday and were asked by the clerk for their address, they both replied: “Nigeria”.
While the court denied them bail, it ordered that they be remanded in Police custody till July 7.

Meanwhile, a former governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, has urged the public not to panic, blame or applaud Ekweremadu and his wife over their arrest and detention.

Ezeife, in a telephone conversation with newsmen yesterday, said Ekweremadu could have attempted to do so out of love for his family.

His words: “There is nothing wrong with our political office holders going for medical trips abroad. They should maintain our health institutions to benefit the masses.

“Government at all levels should encourage the use of herbal medicines in treating diseases.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/ekweremadu-brother-of-alleged-victim-contradicts-metropolitan-police/

1 Like

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by God1000(m): 7:50am On Jun 26, 2022
Why the back and forth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Aonkuuse(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2022
Hmm
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Leemekzy: 7:51am On Jun 26, 2022
Let's watch as events unfold.

1 Like

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by melonsgroup: 7:52am On Jun 26, 2022
U
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Golan007: 7:54am On Jun 26, 2022
Why are you testing surgical knives on another person’s child?
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Creamypie(m): 7:56am On Jun 26, 2022
Bobloco:

The younger brother of David Ukpo Nwanmini, an alleged victim of organ trafficking involving Senator Ike Ekwerrmadu and his wife in the United Kingdom, Jonathan Ukpo Nwanmini, yesterday, said his sibling is 25 years old as against 15 claimed by the British Police.

The brother, who claimed to be 22 years old, told Sunday Vanguard that the victim is his elder brother.

He said:”David is my elder brother because we are both of the same father with different mothers and we hail from Ebonyi State. I will be 22 years old by next month and David is 25 years old. I am aware that he travelled because he told me. He did not disclose the country he was travelling to. He simply told me he was going to school abroad.

“After some months of not hearing from him, I got his number from his girlfriend and called him. I asked about his studies and work.

He said it was fine but that he was not working yet as he needed to go to school first before he could be given a working paper. I told him about our dad who was not feeling fine.

This was the conversation we had this month since January when he travelled. He was staying with us here in Ikotun before he left. We both sell phone accessories. We spoke last week. We even spoke again this week.”

Another businessman in Ikotun who pleaded anonymity also told Sunday Vanguard that: “David left Nigeria in January. He told us that someone promised to sponsor his education in the UK. He never mentioned the name of the person, but from what I have read online, it might be that the person was an intermediary between David and the former Deputy Speaker.”

Last Thursday, the Metropolitan Police announced that Ekweremadu and his wife were charged to court over the allegation of bringing a child with the name David to the UK for organ harvesting.

The police added that an investigation was launched after detectives were alerted to potential offences under modern slavery legislation in May 2022.

Organ harvesting involves removing parts of the body, often for commercial gain and against the will of the victim. The former Deputy Senate President was said to have needed a kidney donor for his daughter, Sonia, who is down with renal failure.

Ekweremadu and his wife appeared at the Uxbridge Magistrates Court in West London last Thursday and were asked by the clerk for their address, they both replied: “Nigeria”.
While the court denied them bail, it ordered that they be remanded in Police custody till July 7.

Meanwhile, a former governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, has urged the public not to panic, blame or applaud Ekweremadu and his wife over their arrest and detention.

Ezeife, in a telephone conversation with newsmen yesterday, said Ekweremadu could have attempted to do so out of love for his family.

His words: “There is nothing wrong with our political office holders going for medical trips abroad. They should maintain our health institutions to benefit the masses.

“Government at all levels should encourage the use of herbal medicines in treating diseases.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/ekweremadu-brother-of-alleged-victim-contradicts-metropolitan-police/
if it's possible for human being to buy life or ask for extension of life from God at 1 billion per year of life, these politicians for don telll God to add extra 400 yrs by offering 400 billion

1 Like

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by shigishege: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2022
Thier palaba. Make them sha no carry thier dirty organ harvesting come Lagos

51 Likes

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by yinkus6750(m): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2022
The boy just wanted to cash out.
Saw it as an opportunity to take is share of the national cake.
He has achieved his aim.
Will surely be granted assylum, else, his life might be in danger if he cones back home

2 Likes

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by descarado: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2022
That guy is gonna end up in prison.

He isn't smart at all.

The brother is right,he looked like 23, 24 yrs old man.

5 Likes

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2022
shigishege:
Thier palaba. Make them sha no carry thier dirty organ harvesting come Lagos

Lagos has enough skull mining already mate.

5 Likes

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by franchasofficia: 8:06am On Jun 26, 2022
That guy is evil sha cry

2 Likes

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Osatarris: 8:07am On Jun 26, 2022
Oga o
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by realstars: 8:23am On Jun 26, 2022
They only want to bring him down, that's all.
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Kaiser20: 8:29am On Jun 26, 2022
The yahoo boy miscalculated this time. A 22 year man claiming 15 years to get asylum in the UK is a criminal

1 Like

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by APCnaPDP: 8:37am On Jun 26, 2022
Well, the moral police won’t still believe the criminal asylum seeker. I hope they punish him severely for what he has done and for joking with a serious matter. If he didn’t want to donate like he already agreed to, he should have gone about asylum seeking another way.
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by inoki247: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
I see some people doing blame game we are in a world of selfishness Eke wan du wetin any parent will du to rescue him child while d guy too wan Japa as most youth dey always dream.....

If you don watch Squid game u go see say anybody will du anything to survive this life no matter how righteous you're....

Life will mess you up.....

3 Likes

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Vyzz: 9:09am On Jun 26, 2022
cool
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by kenedyx: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
Lol, this one don cast him brother.
Na jungle we dey, e fit don collect brown envelope. No honour among thieves.
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by rayvelez(m): 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nigeria newspaper will be granting useless Interview when the case is still in court laslas una go implicate the DSP.
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Coolsperm: 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
The should have remove Tinubus kidney and put for the girl,
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Baloranking(m): 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
Bobloco:

And another version of the story unfolds grin

He's 25 but 22 on his passport, why interview the brother only, no mother,father,uncle and co. Vanguard you do this one great journalism cheesy
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Baloranking(m): 1:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kaiser20:
The yahoo boy miscalculated this time. A 22 year man claiming 15 years to get asylum in the UK is a criminal

His younger brother said he's 25 according to vanguard cheesy. Let the police do their job
Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by Stargangz: 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2022
Say no to Fake News

1 Like

Re: EKWEREMADU: Brother Of Alleged Victim Contradicts Metropolitan Police by etrange: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2022
Golan007:
Why are you testing surgical knives on another person’s child?

This is not even the issue. Anybody can decide donate an organ. It's legal and people have been doing it for ages either for money or for love. A consenting 25 year old man is certainly not an exception. The two major issues are age and consent. If he's underage or wasn't made aware of the purpose of the trip, then the senator is in a serious problem. Also, the embassy that did not conduct any interview before granting him visa despite receiving a detailed letter regarding the plan should cover thier face in shame.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Are Done With Wike,We are Now Moving To Bring Osinbajo And Amechi To PDP. / Bible Predicts Peter Obi To Win 2023 Presidential Election / The North Does Not Owe Tinubu Anything - Sarki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.