Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) (39017 Views)

Police Recover Body Of 2Baba, Killer Of Ahoada East Police DPO (Graphic Photos) / Man Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Osun (Graphic) / Woman Beaten & Stripped By Her Employer In Edo Over Theft Allegation (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2022
A 27-Year-Old Mother of Two, Blessing Mba, was on Tuesday, May 31, 2022, allegedly brutalised by some police officers on the order of Ige Adekunle, Divisional Police Officer of the Adeeke Police Station, Iwo, Osun State.

She told DAILY POST that the incident happened when she had gone in search of her son, 15-year-old Friday, who had not returned home and was found to have been detained by the police.

According to her, she is well-known by the police officers of the station because her house is not far from the station. She explained Friday had not returned home as at 1 am on Tuesday after he left home on Monday, May 30.

“I didn’t bother answering the call I got from one of the officers at the station. When I concluded maybe they have my son in detention, I quickly went to the station.

“Before the call came in, I had been hearing the torture infiltrating and wailing of some of the people arrested in the police station in the middle of the night on that same day,” the mother of two told DAILY POST.

Blessing was at the station when a police officer identified as Àpápá assaulted her and accused her of carrying ‘sacrifice’ to the station.

“A police officer at the entrance identified me and opened the gate for me when I told him about my son. He told me to check him at the counter. Another officer known as Àpápá started harassing me. He pushed me to the DPO and alleged that I came to drop sacrifice at the station.

“We will kill you, shoot you and nobody will ask of you,” Blessing said the officers threatened her while she was pleading for her life until she fainted.

“They poured water on me and I woke.”

She added that she was taken to the hospital around 8 am for treatment. She also said her leg and some parts of her body were stitched.
Blessing told DAILY POST that the DPO, Adekunle, gave her N2,000 while she was leaving the hospital and another N2,000 in the evening when she was checked in her house.

Attempt To Cover Up

On Thursday, June 2, Blessing went to the Police Area Command in Iwo to report Adekunle. She said while waiting for the commander, some officers allegedly hinted to Adekunle about her arrival and he allegedly ordered the officers to take her away before she sees the commander.

According to Blessing, “The officers were begging me not to report because it might cause damage to the DPO career. They were prostrating and they took me to the DPO at Adeeke police station.”

Blessing said the DPO later gave her N15,000 and took her hospital again to treat her leg.

Brutality in Iwo, Osun Police command

Despite reports condemning the attack on Nigerians by security operatives, brutality still reigns at the Osun Police command.

Recall that during the COVID-19 lockdown, the two officers brutalised a woman, Tola Azeez, in Odo Ori Market in Iwo, Osun State, while she was trying to buy drugs for her relatives at a pharmacy.

The officers were caught on camera assaulting the woman. Since then, many extrajudicial killings, and brutality by security operatives were reported in Osun State.

Section 37(1) of the Nigerian Police (Establishment) Act 2020 approved the humane treatment of arrested suspects.

The act stated that “(1) A suspect shall: (a) be accorded humane treatment, having regard to his right to the dignity of his person; and (b) not be subjected to any form of torture, cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment.”

Police Reaction:

The Osun State Police Command spokesperson, SP Yemisi Opalola, when contacted said the command did not hear about the incident.

She promised that the command will investigate the matter.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/26/woman-brutalized-by-police-dpo-in-osun/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2022
sad
Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Baawaa(m): 8:43am On Jun 26, 2022
The DPO should be jailed

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Conwarden: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:
Update From . COM

See Graphic Photos As Obtained By Below:

Source:

Prophet of bad news . . . try dey rest on Sundays na.

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . Including paternity fraudsters!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Baawaa:
No details

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

1 Like

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Thomthom(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2022
I just tire don't have wht to say... There is this right group they tag on Twitter I have forgotten their names just try and tag them..

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:05am On Jun 26, 2022
See Reaction As Obtained By Below:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by NaijaGoBetter20: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2022
Police beat her dem come pour ink on her body again abi na scream with small touching gives her Kampala colour.

She became a mother at the age of 12 years old (someone needs to explain this part better)

To the business:

If is a pastor he will be a prophet of doom.

While is well known for bad News Nigerian police are well known for brutality so this is not coming as a surprise

The woman should seek the service of a good lawyer she might cash out something reasonable

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by youngblaq: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2022
Are these tattoos?
OMG!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Iliveforever(m): 9:25am On Jun 26, 2022
DPO dn get morale say the drug baron/kinsman they contest for president, check wetin go begin happen if by mistake he win.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by donbachi(m): 9:55am On Jun 26, 2022
Too bad.

Make she also stay away from bleaching cream.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Realmi: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2022
Hmm
Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by omowolewa: 10:54am On Jun 26, 2022
This is really bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by omowolewa: 10:55am On Jun 26, 2022
This is really bad

Against Human Rights
Against Women Right
Against Social Right
Against Justice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2022
Conwarden:

Prophet of bad news . . . try dey rest on Sundays na.

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . Including paternity fraudsters!

Did you fall victim of the bolded.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Tinney104(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2022
grin grin

Chai afonja police
I dey see many colors for that victim body

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by yrex01(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2022
Tinney104:
grin grin

Chai afonja police
I dey see many colors for that victim body
make una try dey apply sense when needed. na beg i beg una

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by anonymuz(m): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:

Borrow Money From Online Loan App
they can't borow her below 3k. Do you even know whether she indebted?
Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by DSC7: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2022
Omo this is man inhumanity to man...

The police officer should be dismissed and sentenced to Life imprisonment...

What a ruthless and brutal brutality embarassedcry..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:22am On Jun 26, 2022
anonymuz:
they can't borow her below 3k. Do you even know whether she indebted?

Nothing UDOKA BEST LOVE, No Go See ooooo

1 Like

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by ASAPFERG: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2022
Sometimes, I support afghaneasterns for killing this animals in uniforms

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Tinney104(m): 11:32am On Jun 26, 2022
Obo-o ni itiju lo mu oun sapamo sabe inu, sugbon bi oko ba de, oun a sina fun un.

I guess your father is seeking for one !!!

yrex01:
make una try dey apply sense when needed. na beg i beg una

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Vyzz: 11:59am On Jun 26, 2022
cool

Isn't this Tinubu's state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Blue86(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
She needs a lawyer to fight for her.

Where are my lawyers seething for justice?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by princepee: 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
shocked shocked shocked wicked dpo!
Send him to north east now he will faint,
Where are the civil right people when you need them!
Shame to you Dpo!
Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by To5man(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
Why e kom be like Tattoo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by Gadafii: 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
The wasteland is more dangerous than Afghanistan and Iraq combined

If dem no behead you, dem go rape your grandma , or excavate the skulls of your ancestors resting peacefully

Now this

9 Likes

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by yrex01(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
Tinney104:
Obo-o ni itiju lo mu oun sapamo sabe inu, sugbon bi oko ba de, oun a sina fun un.

I guess your father is seeking for one !!!

lack of proper upbringing causes these for you. may u find peace in your life

2 Likes

Re: Woman Beaten By Police DPO In Osun (Graphic Photos) by lathrowinger: 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2022
If truly this news is genuine, that's a bad act. The Nigerian Police needs to do the right thing

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Man Organizes Kidnap Of His Mother, Gets N1m As Share From N30m Ransom / 2 Brothers Trying To Steal Uncle's Car, Kill Security Guard & Son In Enugu (Pix) / 07/07 - Nairalander Thanks God For Life After Escaping Death A Year Ago.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.