Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story (456 Views)

Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm / MUST READ: Doctor Narrates His Lovely And Scary Near-death Experience / What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Sukersoc: 9:01am On Jun 26, 2022
I became fascinated by the stories of Near Death Experiencers(NDE) in the course of my enquiry into the true meaning Life after I began questioning religious teachings. NDE stories have among other things confirmed what should never have been in doubt though, that, I'm not the body, and that I do not cease to exist at death. Besides it has shown me that I do not need to be afraid of the death of the body.

However, I'm interested in hearing local stories of NDEs, not just those from the west. I understand the role that scientific and technological advancements play in those societies in resuscitation borderline dead people back to life, but I'm sure we must have our stories locally too. Afterall, we sometimes hear stories of people who were deposited at the morg, only to wake up moments or a day or two later. It will be nice to know what Experiences if any, they had.

Even if you don't have any stories to share, feel free to share your opinion on this subject of NDE. I'll really love to learn what others who are familiar with the subject think.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by chatinent: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2022
Being in Nigeria is a near-death experience.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by meobizy(f): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2022
Honestly, I will tell you NDE is no different from dreaming; entertainment from the brain to soothe a person during harsh times. When people are tortured for long hours, they feel their 'spirits' exit their bodies, making them view the scene from a third person scenario. The same perspective is achievable from smoking marijuana for the first time in your life. I call it the Hollywood effect. Smoke marijuana intermittently, and you will always experience this.

NDEs, I can give you my mother's story; she once ate too many plates of undone soybeans as a child. Immediately she went unconscious and felt her 'soul' leave. As usual she found herself approaching a light while moving in a floating manner. A bright white light at the end of a dark tunnel. On reaching the light she found herself in a beautiful place surrounded by people. Black people, mind you. She saw a huge gate in front of her which she immediately recognised as 'the other side.' Knowing fully well she'd cease to exist from crossing she decided to anyway. On reaching the gate she was held back by a man with a flowing white beard. She had never met him before yet swore he was her grandfather who died long before her birth. The comfort she felt in his presence was unmistakable. He said her time hadn't reached, and she'd come back later in the future. Sad, she also mentioned she could hear her mother screaming into her ear for her to come back. She woke up not long after and regained herself.

The closest I've gotten to an NDE was falling backward and hitting my head. Unconscious, I felt my 'spirit' float out of my body and look downward on my unconscious self. I woke up not long after without a headache of any sort. I had no idea how long I was out and my mother been the scaredy cat she was never told me how long I stayed under.

The stories you'll get here — I doubt many because this forum is an intellectual cesspool — would not veer far from the ones you read elsewhere. The experience is the same for everybody. I think the difference will be the race of people the person meets at the other side.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Sukersoc: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2022
chatinent:
Being in Nigeria is a near-death experience.

Hahahahahaha grin
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Sukersoc: 9:53am On Jun 29, 2022
meobizy:
Honestly, I will tell you NDE is no different from dreaming; entertainment from the brain to soothe a person during harsh times. When people are tortured for long hours, they feel their 'spirits' exit their bodies, making them view the scene from a third person scenario. The same perspective is achievable from smoking marijuana for the first time in your life. I call it the Hollywood effect. Smoke marijuana intermittently, and you will always experience this.

NDEs, I can give you my mother's story; she once ate too many plates of undone soybeans as a child. Immediately she went unconscious and felt her 'soul' leave. As usual she found herself approaching a light while moving in a floating manner. A bright white light at the end of a dark tunnel. On reaching the light she found herself in a beautiful place surrounded by people. Black people, mind you. She saw a huge gate in front of her which she immediately recognised as 'the other side.' Knowing fully well she'd cease to exist from crossing she decided to anyway. On reaching the gate she was held back by a man with a flowing white beard. She had never met him before yet swore he was her grandfather who died long before her birth. The comfort she felt in his presence was unmistakable. He said her time hadn't reached, and she'd come back later in the future. Sad, she also mentioned she could hear her mother screaming into her ear for her to come back. She woke up not long after and regained herself.

The closest I've gotten to an NDE was falling backward and hitting my head. Unconscious, I felt my 'spirit' float out of my body and look downward on my unconscious self. I woke up not long after without a headache of any sort. I had no idea how long I was out and my mother being the scaredy cat she is never told me how long I was out.

The stories you'll get here — I doubt many because this forum is an intellectual cesspool — would not veer far from the ones you read elsewhere. The experience is the same for everybody. I think the difference will be the race of people the person meets at the other side.

Thank you very much for your detailed and brilliant response. Like you said, I've found the stories told by NDEs somewhat hallucinatory sometimes, but there are some serious fallout from these experiences that has merited my interest.

There's been quite a few cases for example where NDEs have given accounts of things done to them while they were unconscious, things that happened within and outside thier immediate space, conversations that took place, and a host of other informations that they could not possibly be aware of anyhow. Are you aware of these experiences?

Another fallout from this experience that's of interest to me is the way the experience tend to impact the lives of NDEs, often leading to a more sober spiritual way of life. Some even report possessing some paranormal abilities not previously possessed.

I agree with you that certain psychedelic substances have been known to bring about similar experiences, and that for me, makes it all the more interesting. At this point I must admit like I said on the original post, that I've been on a spiritual journey in the last few years, and I've discovered quite a lot. By the way, spirituality to me is about self discovery, not religion. Now back to the subject: it does seem to me that we are probably dealing with frequencies here or dimensions, as some call it. I'll love to know if you're on a spiritual journey yourself and what discoveries and realisations your had on the subject of the life itself(both now and the afterlife).

The journey feels a little lonely in this part of our world as most people aren't interested or too dogmatic about things.
I reside in Abuja. Let me know too if you'll like for the discussion to go private. Once again thanks for taking the time to respond beautifully. Stay blessed.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by meobizy(f): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2022
I've found the stories told by NDEs somewhat hallucinatory sometimes
I bet religion plays a part in what the person sees ‘in the other side.’ The accounts we come across are from Christian perspectives so normally feature white robes and angelic beings most times. Apart from going through a dark tunnel to a white light; a Muslim, traditional worshipper or Hindu might experience a difference set of visuals during near death experiences. Sha, Hinduism features many gods so it won’t surprise me if the Christian version of an NDE is already recorded under one of their deities.

There's been quite a few cases for example where NDEs have given accounts of things done to them while they were unconscious
Glimpses of consciousness during the ordeal, I’ll say. For if the person was truly dead, he/she will never come back to tell the tale. If I close my eyes in a busy market I’ll be able to guess a few things happening around using hearing alone.

and outside thier immediate space, conversations that took place
People who claim to astral travel have participated in experiments where they were asked to guess what was happening in nearby rooms. They failed woefully in all the results. This is similar hence why I conclude “entertainment no different from dreaming.”

often leading to a more sober spiritual way of life.
A grim reminder that life after death may exist. They (honestly) adjust their lives to make sure heaven is their selected path after death.

Some even report possessing some paranormal abilities not previously possessed.
I don’t remember any account leading to this. Go into detail.

By the way, spirituality to me is about self discovery, not religion.
This makes sense; learning for yourself instead of following what others assume. More people should do this.

Now back to the subject: it does seem to me that we are probably dealing with frequencies here or dimensions, as some call it.
I don’t believe in the paranormal and never will until science gives a reason to. There’s a reason why humans believe only what they see/experience.

I'll love to know if you're on a spiritual journey yourself
No. I saw your thread and decided to give a helping hand. This forum is a dead place. I liked the thread topic and it helped in stirring old memories of documentaries featuring the subject.

The journey feels a little lonely in this part of our world as most people aren't interested or too dogmatic about things.
The average Nigerian is concerned only with finding the next meal. They will hand wave such experience as witchcraft then continue their search for the next meal or gullible person to scam.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Sukersoc: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2022
meobizy:
I bet religion plays a part in what the person sees ‘in the other side.’ The accounts we come across are from Christian perspectives so normally feature white robes and angelic beings most times. Apart from going through a dark tunnel to a white light; a Muslim, traditional worshipper or Hindu might experience a difference set of visuals during near death experiences. Sha, Hinduism features many gods so it won’t surprise me if the Christian version of an NDE is already recorded under one of their deities.

Glimpses of consciousness during the ordeal, I’ll say. For if the person was truly dead, he/she will never come back to tell the tale. If I close my eyes in a busy market I’ll be able to guess a few things happening around using hearing alone.

People who claim to astral travel have participated in experiments where they were asked to guess what was happening in nearby rooms. They failed woefully in all the results. This is similar hence why I conclude “entertainment no different from dreaming.”

A grim reminder that life after death may exist. They (honestly) adjust their lives to make sure heaven is their selected path after death.

Again thanks for your super duper response, and for choosing to give some support to the thread. You've given me a reason to question even my own realities again.

One thing however is that thus far, I've found peace and quiet like never before from my current course of life. Religion(especially the kind I followed) made me miserable, but true spirituality has progressively brought me peace and calm above all else.

I'm convinced that we are more than just the body. What lies beyond here is anybodies guess, but I have nothing to loose even if its nothingness; at least I lived.

I do hope that you at least leave yourself a little open to the possibility that there's something or things beyond science. For example, are you conversant with study on the behaviour of atom when observed by an intelligent observer versus when not observed by same(something in the field of quantum physics); Its not a subject I'm that familiar with I must admit, but that's one phenomenon that's causing scientists to realise that everything is may afterall not be within the realms of intelligence.

I'll like to hear your view on the subject if its one you've educated yourself about.

Thanks again for your input and time.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by justlove91(m): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
Sukersoc:

I reside in Abuja. Let me know too if you'll like for the discussion to go private. Once again thanks for taking the time to respond beautifully. Stay blessed.
It indeed feels lonely in this past of the world, when I left religion back then, I started with NDE it's okay but the phenomenon called "Mediumship" is the real deal, have you heard of it? I will be glad to discuss it with you
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Sukersoc: 6:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
justlove91:

It indeed feels lonely in this past of the world, when I left religion back then, I started with NDE it's okay but the phenomenon called "Mediumship" is the real deal, have you heard of it? I will be glad to discuss it with you

O wow!!! I haven't heard of it. I'll sure look it up. Like I said on this thread, spirituality is a journey. What I like about the journey is that every stop is fun irrespective of where if leads. The only truth that exist is the "I". Knowing this, I seek not for truth, but the discovery of the I; the self.

I'll sure love to discuss the phenomenon with you and whatever experiences you've had along your spiritual journey. How would you prefer we connect? I'm all yours.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by meobizy(f): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
are you conversant with study on the behaviour of atom when observed by an intelligent observer versus when not observed by same
No. I’ve never come across the concept. If true it’s likely outdated today. Scientists of old may abandon certain phenomena as random occurrences of chance, however as we stay longer on earth and new generations become more knowledgeable, what was once assumed to be magical gets deconstructed into understandable concepts. A modern washing machine which works by utilizing steam alone would be termed sorcery back in the 1700s. Today it is cutting edge technology easily replicated on a mass scale. Knowledge from centuries past being refined over time lead to innovations the ignorant would call witchcraft even today.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by justlove91(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
Sukersoc:

O wow!!! I haven't heard of it. I'll sure look it up. Like I said on this thread, spirituality is a journey. What I like about the journey is that every stop is fun irrespective of where if leads. The only truth that exist is the "I". Knowing this, I seek not for truth, but the discovery of the I; the self.

I'll sure love to discuss the phenomenon with you and whatever experiences you've had along your spiritual journey. How would you prefer we connect? I'm all yours.
Check your email
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Wilgrea7(m): 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Near death experiences occur all around the globe. I think here in Nigeria, we just don't bother to record it.

While I'm lucky to not have died yet, I've spoken to a handful of people who've as you might put it "almost crossed over". It's very similar to the stories you hear from the west and other parts of the world. Most times, it involves a warm, white light, and an unexplainable feeling of peace.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Sukersoc: 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
justlove91:

Check your email

I've just responded to your mail.
Re: Do We Have Near Death Experiencers In Nigeria - Please Share Your/thier Story by Sukersoc: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
Wilgrea7:
Near death experiences occur all around the globe. I think here in Nigeria, we just don't bother to record it.

While I'm lucky to not have died yet, I've spoken to a handful of people who've as you might put it "almost crossed over". It's very similar to the stories you hear from the west and other parts of the world. Most times, it involves a warm, white light, and an unexplainable feeling of peace.

Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know that it's not just a Western only phenomenon.

Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Christianity Compared By 20 Points - / My Case Is Different By Apostle Dr Umah Udah / *christians Only* - What Is God's Judgement On Musical Artist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.