Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Does Donating A Kidney Shorten Your Lifespan? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Donating A Kidney Shorten Your Lifespan? (313 Views)

My Boss Deceived Me Into Donating My Kidney Over Empty $20m Promise — Driver / A Kidney Now Costs $262,000; Heart, $119,000, UN Warns Nigerians / My Experience As A Kidney Failure Patient In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Donating A Kidney Shorten Your Lifespan? by ekwe552: 11:47am On Jun 26, 2022
Reasons not to donate a kidney
Mon, JAN. 29, 2018 (HealthDay News) — Although donating a kidney is unlikely to take your life or increase the risk of heart disease or diabetes, a new study reveals that you may face an increased risk of some other health issues.

Scientists discovered that donors appear to be at higher risk for poor blood pressure and renal function than non-donors after reviewing earlier studies including over 100,000 living kidney donors. Female donors were also nearly twice as likely to develop pregnancy-related problems such as preeclampsia.

"The study stresses the minimal but actual dangers of live kidney donation, as well as the significance of careful assessment and guidance for all living kidney donors," the author of the study Dr. Emanuele Di Angelantonio stated.
READ MORE VISIT: https://www.healthlifekit.com/2022/06/does-donating-kidney-shorten-your.html

Re: Does Donating A Kidney Shorten Your Lifespan? by amliftedhigher: 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2022
Yes oh.
The dos and don'ts to live longer are too numerous to mention and it will take the spirit of God for a donor to observe them

(1) (Reply)

Endocrinologist: What Is It & What Do They Do / Help!! My Dad's Health Is Plummeting. / How To Stop Fibroid Re Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.