Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! (5727 Views)

Blackfacenaija - Killah Lyrics / 2face Is The Best Singer I Have Ever Known / MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2011
If [b]M[/b]usic art, and art feeds on inspiration + imagination, Killah priest has to be the best verbal artist I can think in this lifetime!!

Anyone who listens to killah priest will acknowledge his lyrical imagination as the best. His lyrics takes you far far back and beyond this realm. If you research on the things he talks about and you love mythology explained with realistic analogy, killa priest is the artist you want to listen to,

Killah priest makes any rapper out there look like a child when it comes to artistic stamina (not wordplay). His tracks inspire you to think and take you on a trip to a new plane if you can picture what he is saying!!

I was 14 when I started listening to killah priest exclusively (I've been listening to Sunz of Man since my inception lol). I will hide all my killah priest's CDs from my friends and listen to them alone. Killah Priest's music was my best kept secret.

I will advice anyone who wishes to broaden their horizon in lyrical ability and also mystical knowledge to listen to killah priest,

One of my favourite songs by him B.I.B.L.E.

B:Basic
I: Instructions
B:Before
L:Leaving
B:Earth

Please people, listen to him!! Don't religiously follow him like I do but listen to him and explore your own mind!!

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I LISTEN TO "SUFFER MARKET" BY A RAP GROUP IN PH (TUK TYT) THANKS
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Ibime(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2011
Hahahaha. First time anyone on NL mentioned Killah Priest. One of ma favourites from the 90s, turn of the century, from BIBLE to View from Masada to Black August. Priest was more than a poet, he was a painter. Funny enough his first album was hailed as an all-time classic, whilst his second one was considered a "flop" for its effort at "selling out", however not many have heard his third album Black August which was independently released and which I consider to be the best of the three.

Whatever happened to the Horsemen group? (Killah Priest, Kurupt, Canibus, Ras Kass and Pharoahe Monch)?
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2011
Ibime:

Hahahaha. First time anyone on NL mentioned Killah Priest. One of ma favourites from the 90s, turn of the century, from BIBLE to View from Masada to Black August. Priest was more than a poet, he was a painter. Funny enough his first album was hailed as an all-time classic, whilst his second one was considered a "flop" for its effort at "selling out", however not many have heard his third album Black August which was independently released and which I consider to be the best of the three.

Whatever happened to the Horsemen group? (Killah Priest, Kurupt, Canibus, Ras Kass and Pharoahe Monch)?

I honestly didn't think anyone on NL listens to Killah Priest,  His lyrics and music are not for lazy minded atr alll,  Verbal painting!

View from Meshada is just as good as Heavy mental and black august really!!, The man is a genius!!

Did you really expect that group to work? lol,  I knew from the get go that they were entirely different lyricists ,  it couldn't have worked given the composition. If it was say Vinnie paz, Killah priest, Canibus and maybe Hell razah or Shabaaz the desciple, it would have been a lyrical revolution in Hip hop,  But the four horsemen have different levels of lyrical fitness, it couldn't have worked more than it did really,
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by tical(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
killa priest is a Genius wiv his infectuous lyrics, After I heard ''view 4rm masada'' it was lyk a movie,i culd picture errthing & I instantly became a Believer. .his last material I heard was 'priesthood' wch was way more matured album than 'V 4rm M' wch I thot was dope. .killa p is jst soo Incredible.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
tical:

killa priest is a Genius wiv his infectuous lyrics, After I heard ''view 4rm masada'' it was lyk a movie,i culd picture errthing & I instantly became a Believer. .his last material I heard was 'priesthood' wch was way more matured album than 'V 4rm M' wch I thot was drugs. .killa p is jst soo Incredible.

If you like View Mesada, then you'll like the offering, The offering makes view from mesada look like a movie trailer while the offering is the movie,
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Ibime(m): 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2011
Can someone make the Offering and Priesthood available to me? My KP experience stopped at Black August, after which I found it difficult to get non-major-label releases.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
Ibime:

Can someone make the Offering and Priesthood available to me? My KP experience stopped at Black August, after which I found it difficult to get non-major-label releases.

All on youtube bro!! Or if you are in North America, i can send you my 20 buks HMV gift card to cop the al with lol!!
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Ibime(m): 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
Lol. No wah, Ill chase it up on itunes. . .had to post View from Masada lyrics. . .HipHop fans are deprived these days. . .

Month August, year '70, endin of my mom's pregnancy
Beginnin of Masada's legacy, Christ blew the breath in me
To rule is my destiny, mind is my weapontry
Bless it be, Priest, fly 'mitri's, Dashikis
Suck from the fine titties of Nefertitti, slept in teepees
Kings, Pharoahs kiss the ring when they see me
Is how they greet me, take trips weekly
Dwelt by the havens, fed by a raven
Ate from the beak of eagles, sat with Hebrews
Broke bread with the holy people
Bit from the tree of good and evil
Ate this dry fruit whole, swallowed the seeds too
Lived in the land of the strong and feeble
Some had egos, some were peaceful
Smile when they greet you
I appear, peered through the windows
With weirdos, saw widows who played with dildos
Nymphos, wrapped they legs around satin pillows
Silver robe, holdin the rose
Mexicanos, latin and negros
Lived the life of thug passion heros
We live in Projects with ghetto belly dancers
That enchant us, when you see us bring yo cameras

Chorus:
Yo, its the view from Masada
The saga, Priest the author
The Godfather, the scholar
I write drama, decomposer, best Noah
They watch us, build for hours
Behold the, behold the
[Killah Priest]

Yo, we sip wine around golden candles
Wearin mantels, tellin ghost stories
I propose a toast, as a whole splash of lightning
the sky's is stormy, then it dawned on me
it was a dope fiend and two Hell scorchened shorties
That lured me, to my first orgy
Apartment 4D, met a fine Harlet named Audrey
She adored me, she seduced me with her beauty
Neck full of jewelry, she wore a see-through gown
with her eye she forced me to lay down
Then she asked me, was I new in town
And with a smile she said she has peace offerings
This day she paid her vow
Let us make love and afterwards we worship an owl
This war lady, when she tried to play me
Get me in the bed to spray me
Kisses of her lips taste like taffy
Plus she wore the scent of Tasprey
Ask me if that attracts me
Whispers in my ear are pure blasphemy
She said I decked my bed with mur, aloes and roses, cinnamon
It's a place for gentlemen, with a youthful look I entered in
The sins of men, the devil's lust, the luck of women
With cat eyes, her man's a Rabbi
Walks with a raincoat, top hat, bow tie
And walkin with a cane, puffin his pipe
Saw me through the blinds fuckin his wife
I busted her twice, grabbed me by my windpipe
Pulled out a knife, 'nough said, bloodshed at the end of the night

Chorus {2X}
[Killah Priest]
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 12:00am On Jul 25, 2011
abeggi, canibus used to thrash this nigga when they were in the horsemen project ish.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Ibime(m): 12:23am On Jul 25, 2011
Canibus used to trash him on battle songs. There's a big difference. Killah Priest is a story teller, not a battler. His albums are like film releases. Canibus albums don't compare. Its like comparing Masta Ace to Papoose. Masta Ace albums are classic pieces of work, but Papoose would outshine him on a battle track.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 12:28am On Jul 25, 2011
Ibime:

Canibus used to trash him on battle songs. There's a big difference. Killah Priest is a story teller, not a battler. His albums are like film releases. Canibus albums don't compare. Its like comparing Masta Ace to Papoose. Masta Ace albums are classic pieces of work, but Papoose would outshine him on a battle track.

masta ace? classic pieces?
ibime, you are a phat tool!!!!

masta fecking ace?? shocked shocked

[img]http://chzgifs.files./2011/07/that-window-gets-fixed-fast.gif[/img]
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by bouzymill(m): 4:18am On Jul 25, 2011
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME KILLAH PRIEST HAS BEEN MENTIONED ON NAIRALAND SEVERAL TIMES WAY BACK WHEN NAIRALAND STILL HAD REAL HEADS. . . AND MEANWHILE, TALKING ABOUT ALBUMS, I DIDN'T SEE YOU MENTION "BEHIND THE STAINED GLASS". THIS ALBUM IS A CLASSIC AFTER BIBLE. . .
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by DBR: 8:43am On Jul 25, 2011
Ibime's analogy was apt.
Compared to wat Pa' puts out MastAce materials are classics.
So yes, Bis is dope when it come to esoteric verses also, but mostly geared twards braggadicio battlin
while KIllah's verses tho also abstruse has more of human music elements.
Ma 2cents.

oNe
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by tical(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2011
This is blasphemy. .Canibus aint fukking wiv Killa priest lyrically. .period. Infact Bis revere & adores Killa P as a rap god more than any other emcee.

@9jaganja wil try check out the offering album. .killa's lyrical savvy is jst Incredulous. .He & Genius Gza tops my best lyricist of all time table any day!

1 Like

Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by rapjunkie(m): 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
To be honest. . . . .Killah priest is on another level

Why I like him is that he doesn't waste his time/lyrics rapping about BS. Always has something deep to say.

1 Like

Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
Thanks y'all,

Dude stop comparing Canibus and rappers like Killah priest and Canibus. Canibus will probably laught at you if you say he is better,

The only time Canibus tried to be like killah priest was in his "to whom the beat tolls" and seriously he failed at it,

Killah priest dedicated his rhymes to something higher level. He pictures things in his head with and give them a verbal graphic representation,

He can make you imagine ancient times without having to watch movies, Seriously dude,

1 Like

Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2011
9jaganja:

Thanks y'all,

Dude stop comparing Canibus and rappers like Killah priest and Canibus. Canibus will probably laught at you if you say he is better,

The only time Canibus tried to be like killah priest was in his "to whom the beat tolls" and seriously he failed at it,

Killah priest dedicated his rhymes to something higher level. He pictures things in his head with and give them a verbal graphic representation, 

He can make you imagine ancient times without having to watch movies,  Seriously dude,

will you guys stop chatting bollocks. . . .who is killah priest in comparison to the god of rap(bis)? this is like comparing yakubu to messi.
killah priest is not and can never be as deep as bis. . . . .make we sabi our level, abeg. definitely, priest has a better catalogue of albums cos he makes good songs but in the art of lyricism. . . .it's a no brainer!!
of course, if the comparison is between killah priest and duds like kanye, papoose, lil wayne and the other clowns in the rap world these days then priest is se[i]x[/i]. . . . . . .against bis? priest will be slaughtered!!!
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar:

will you guys stop chatting bollocks. . . .who is killah priest in comparison to the god of rap(bis)? this is like comparing yakubu to messi.
killah priest is not and can never be as deep as bis. . . . .make we sabi our level, abeg. of course, if the comparison is between killah priest and duds like kanye, papoose, lil wayne and the other clowns in the rap world thenpriest is se[i]x[/i]. . . .against bis? he will be slaughtered!!!

Lol,  dude your idea of rap seem to be all battle lol,

canibus adores killah priest and their niches in rap are basically different. When Canibus tried to get on Killah priest's niche, he failed woefully,

Dude,  killah priest is not a battle MC like Canibus who prays and spray on em naaaa,  If you wann compare Canibus' beef, go see as LL sent his career south with just 1 track,

Seriously, they rap about different things so no platform for comparisons ok?

And dude, don't be hating on master ace mehn!!! Go to brooklyn and make noise about master ace like that, they'll make you enjoy the songs before beating you up,

Forget about violent rappers dude, It is a result of lack of creativity really, I can watch a movie where they shoot, I can't listen to a rapper screaming I'll shoot you on radio,
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
9jaganja:

Lol,  dude your idea of rap seem to be all battle lol,

it's not even about battle. . . .it's about presence on a rap beat!!! killah priest is too weak when he is featured. no presence, nothing to lay claims to apart from making good songs solo. but if you feature canibus on a track, he's going to outshine you. . . .standard!

canibus adores killah priest and their niches in rap are basically different. When Canibus tried to get on Killah priest's niche, he failed woefully,

more like killah priest worships canibus. why would canibus try to get on the niche of killah priest's? people will make up all sorts in an argument. listen to ibime(your co-killah priest fan). he knows canibus in his prime >>> than any rapper that ever touched the mic.

Dude,  killah priest is not a battle MC like Canibus who prays and spray on em naaaa,  If you wann compare Canibus' beef, go see as LL sent his career south with just 1 track,

except it was the other way round. canibus murdered ll in 97/98. since then ll's career just went phbbbbt. 2nd round k.o is the best diss record of all time. a newbie taking on a rap giant back then. . . . .abeg, leave story.
years later he was appearing in movies to make ends meet. canibus still went on to make classics after then. rip the jacker was in 2003(a classic).

Seriously, they rap about different things so no platform for comparisons ok?
And dude, don't be hating on master ace mehn!!! Go to brooklyn and make noise about master ace like that, they'll make you enjoy the songs before beating you up,

masta ace? what won't i hear?
why not mention chubb rock, diamond & psycho-neurotics, bushwick bill, onyx, guru, etc.
all these ones are b-rated rappers. . . .i only reckon with the elite.

Forget about violent rappers dude,  It is a result of lack of creativity really, I can watch a movie where they shoot, I can't listen to a rapper screaming I'll shoot you on radio,

canibus spits more science than any of them. as far as subject matter goes. . . .a discography of canibus albums will teach you more science than studying astro-physics in any ivy league university. why do you think his fans are fewer than his counterparts, the average joe in brooklyn does not understand his scientific lines. bis is deep. . . .deeper than the pacific.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar:

it's not even about battle. . . .it's about presence on a rap beat!!! killah priest is too weak when he is featured. no presence, nothing to lay claims to apart from making good songs solo. but if you feature canibus on a track, he's going to outshine you. . . .standard!

more like killah priest worships canibus. why would canibus try to get on the niche of killah priest's? people will make up all sorts in an argument. listen to ibime(your co-killah priest fan). he knows canibus in his prime >>> than any rapper that ever touched the mic.

except it was the other way round. canibus murdered ll in 97/98. since then ll's career just went phbbbbt. 2nd round k.o is the best diss record of all time. a newbie taking on a rap giant back then. . . . .abeg, leave story.
years later he was appearing in movies to make ends meet. canibus still went on to make classics after then. rip the jacker was in 2003(a classic).

masta ace? what won't i hear?
why not mention chubb rock, diamond & psycho-neurotics, bushwick bill, onyx, guru, etc.
all these ones are b-rated rappers. . . .i only reckon with the elite.

canibus spits more science than any of them. as far as subject matter goes. . . .a discography of canibus albums will teach you more science than studying astro-physics in any ivy league university. why do you think his fans are fewer than his counterparts, the average joe in brooklyn does not understand his scientific lines. bis is deep. . . .deeper than the pacific.

You are trying to reach people with music and you spitting some scientific? Crap what is wrong with you Canibus fake fans? Every one is isn't listening to him is an "avenrage" joe because i don't see the creativity in someone telling me larva explodes and turns to rocks, i decode ciphers written in the adamic genetics etc, How are those creative? Any scientist will tell you that's not creative because it's like telling people 1+1=2 and you make dat a song,

scientific flow my ass, he didn't come up with those lines him self. He read books just for the sake of writting rhymes hahahhaha, Any joe can read the dictionary and start dropping big words in rhymes then his average joe fans will start thinking he is smart,

Music is art my friend not science, he can send his rhymes to labs if all he wants to be spitting is scientific nonsense, go listen to "to whom the beat tolls" then tell me about his failed attempt at verbal graphics!!!

Any joe can read Ababio and start thinking he is a chemical MC!!!

No LL is still richer than Canibus can dream of, Canibus made not 1, not 2, not 4 but more tracks to diss LL still couldn't match it. Even wyclef had to drop his ass,

LL basically made him run from beef and started talking science lol then he tried to get on Eminem's level and we all know how that work out well, (canibus disgust me for dissing a little child who had nothing to do with beef that shows his desperation to have a global hit off dissing eminem but by dissing his daughter? undecided undecided) Canabitch!!!!! Stop with your competitive view of Hip Hop

LL is multi talented and why is that hard for people to understand? You think if Canibus had the opportunity to be in a movie, he won't jump on it? That they make movies don't mean nothing. Eminem did 8 miles and still came up with tracks like loose yourself, toy soldiers, and the encore Album after that, did 8mile take away from his skills?

Y'all underground fans are finger pointing cry babies, Underground rappers will say mainstream rappers are wak when the truth is they both are,

I still stand by creative revolutionary rappers, Mos def, Common, Talib, Nas, "Immortal technique, Jedi mind tricks" (even though I don't agree with their ideologies, I admire their creativity), etc,

When did something that started as black poetry become a platform for someone to start reading ababio? Poetry and street vibe/rhythm. That is MCing it doessn't matter if you sing or do fast spoken words (rap) it is MCing, Hip Hop music aspect is basically, spoken words and rhythm, the faster you scientific wannabe nerds get that, the faster music will come back,

That is why mos def and Qtip can sing and real Hip Hop heads will still know it is Hip Hop while some "bunch of know it alls" will start yelling he sold out blah blah blah, really undecided undecided undecided undecided

Lil wayne has more poetic verses than many of this underground "I'm the best" rappers, No one wants music to be depressing all the time hence why you gotta make it groovy too, yes Kanye West has flavour and you can jump off Queens bridge if you don't like that,

RHYTHM FOOL RHYTHM!!
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
9jaganja:

You are trying to reach people with music and you spitting some scientific? Crap what is wrong with you Canibus fake fans? Every one is isn't listening to him is an "avenrage" joe because i don't see the creativity in someone telling me larva explodes and turns to rocks, i decode ciphers written in the adamic genetics etc, How are those creative? Any scientist will tell you that's not creative because it's like telling people 1+1=2 and you make dat a song,

he has his target audience. he never wanted to capture the average dumbos like you on the streets. . . .otherwise he would have featured janet jackson, jeninifer lopez or ashanti. . . he had to kept it undiluted for his fans. the fans who want to learn while being entertained. there are 2 kinds of fans. . . .the bootay, shake dat azz, weed, bling-bling loving charlatans like yourself. . . .and the ones who listen to the art to learn more outside their genre. i belong to the latter, you belong to the former. . . .case closed.

scientific flow my Bottom, he didn't come up with those lines him self. He read books just for the sake of writting rhymes hahahhaha, Any joe can read the dictionary and start dropping big words in rhymes then his average joe fans will start thinking he is smart,

canibus bagged a degree in computer science. . . .of course, he spat from what he read. . . . .he's smart, knows his onions!

Music is art my friend not science, he can send his rhymes to labs if all he wants to be spitting is scientific nonsense, go listen to "to whom the beat tolls" then tell me about his failed attempt at verbal graphics!!!
Any joe can read Ababio and start thinking he is a chemical MC!!!

why don't you listen to 2000 b.c. "for whom the beat tolls" is one of his weakest projects. . .dumbed down cos he was nearing his twilight then.
his first 4 albums were untouchable - a rap manual for any upcoming rapper. with canibus, you learn a lot from him. his multis, perfect timing, line compression and vocab pool. canibus is a god on the mic.

No LL is still richer than Canibus can dream of, Canibus made not 1, not 2, not 4 but more tracks to diss LL still couldn't match it. Even wyclef had to drop his Bottom,

so it's about wealth now? nelly is richer than 2pac. . . . .so nelly is better than 2pac?
admit it, you are a dunderhead!

LL basically made him run from beef and started talking science lol then he tried to get on Eminem's level and we all know how that work out well, (canibus disgust me for dissing a little child who had nothing to do with beef that shows his desperation to have a global hit off dissing eminem but by dissing his daughter? undecided undecided) Canabitch!!!!! Stop with your competitive view of Hip Hop

hahahaha. . . . .a beef is a beef. canibus disgusts you. . . .why take panadol for eminem's tooth-ache? hailie jade is your daughter? god-daughter?

LL is multi talented and why is that hard for people to understand? You think if Canibus had the opportunity to be in a movie, he won't jump on it? That they make movies don't mean nothing. Eminem did 8 miles and still came up with tracks like loose yourself, toy soldiers, and the encore Album after that, did 8mile take away from his skills?

eminem did 8-mile. . . .his biography. 50 did "get rich" his biography. . . .ll was doing sitcoms, killing sharks in movies, etc.
there are rappers and there are mcs. . . .never in your life compare canibus to ll cool j - unless you are a rusty tool!!! canibus ate ll cool j on the mic.
ll cool j won the war though. . . .his move to stop any major record label to sign canibus was a killer move but it's also lame. . . . .

in 97. . .canibus went. . .

at 2000 degrees celsius, i make mcs melt.
fu[b]c[/b]k my record label, i appear courtesy of myself

bis is a beat. . . .

Y'all underground fans are finger pointing cry babies, Underground rappers will say mainstream rappers are wak when the truth is they both are,

mainstream rappers are wack - they do it for the commercial purpose. . . .they dumb down their music to appeal to you soulja boy fans.
canibus fans will never let him get that the sullied. . . . .go and listen to his new album. . .lyrical law(disc 1, 2, 3), sample metalonin magik and come back here and compare those lyrics to a geriatric killah priest or an idiotic ll cool j.

I still stand by creative revolutionary rappers, Mos def, Common, Talib, Nas, "Immortal technique, Jedi mind tricks" (even though I don't agree with their ideologies, I admire their creativity), etc,

immortal technique, jedi mind, mos def and common will all slap you for putting canibus down.
majority of these names have done records with canibus with all of them saying he is ahead of his time.

When did something that started as black poetry become a platform for someone to start reading ababio? Poetry and street vibe/rhythm. That is MCing it doessn't matter if you sing or do fast spoken words (rap) it is MCing, Hip Hop music aspect is basically, spoken words and rhythm, the faster you scientific wannabe nerds get that, the faster music will come back,

are you asking me this question. . . .when did black poetry become booty, boobies, drinking 40s, weed, drugs and pu[i]s[/i]sy popping?
you are actually pointing a gun at yourself with the nonsense you wrote above.

That is why mos def and Qtip can sing and real Hip Hop heads will still know it is Hip Hop while some "bunch of know it alls" will start yelling he sold out blah blah blah, really undecided undecided undecided undecided
Lil wayne has more poetic verses than many of this underground "I'm the best" rappers, No one wants music to be depressing all the time hence why you gotta make it groovy too, yes Kanye West has flavour and you can jump off Queens bridge if you don't like that,

RHYTHM FOOL RHYTHM!!

lil wayne has more poetic verses than many underground rappers? what a simpleton!!!
just when i thought internet usage was banned in psychiatric wards. . . . .who let you out of your hospital ward?

i used to think the statement light travels faster than sound could be false but you have just convinced me it's true.
it must be the reason why you appeared bright when you created this thread until i heard you speak. grin cheesy
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 26, 2011
coogar:

he has his target audience. he never wanted to capture the average dumbos like you on the streets. . . .otherwise he would have featured janet jackson, jeninifer lopez or ashanti. . . he had to kept it undiluted for his fans. the fans who want to learn while being entertained. there are 2 kinds of fans. . . .the bootay, shake dat azz, weed, bling-bling loving charlatans like yourself. . . .and the ones who listen to the art to learn more outside their genre. i belong to the latter, you belong to the former. . . .case closed.

canibus bagged a degree in computer science. . . .of course, he spat from what he read. . . . .he's smart, knows his onions!

why don't you listen to 2000 b.c. "for whom the beat tolls" is one of his weakest projects. . .dumbed down cos he was nearing his twilight then.
his first 4 albums were untouchable - a rap manual for any upcoming rapper. with canibus, you learn a lot from him. his multis, perfect timing, line compression and vocab pool. canibus is a god on the mic.

so it's about wealth now? nelly is richer than 2pac. . . . .so nelly is better than 2pac?
admit it, you are a dunderhead!

hahahaha. . . . .a beef is a beef. canibus disgusts you. . . .why take panadol for eminem's tooth-ache? hailie jade is your daughter? god-daughter?

eminem did 8-mile. . . .his biography. 50 did "get rich" his biography. . . .ll was doing sitcoms, killing sharks in movies, etc.
there are rappers and there are mcs. . . .never in your life compare canibus to ll cool j - unless you are a rusty tool!!! canibus ate ll cool j on the mic.
ll cool j won the war though. . . .his move to stop any major record label to sign canibus was a killer move but it's also lame. . . . .

in 97. . .canibus went. . .

at 2000 degrees celsius, i make mcs melt.
fu[b]c[/b]k my record label, i appear courtesy of myself

bis is a beat. . . .

mainstream rappers are wack - they do it for the commercial purpose. . . .they dumb down their music to appeal to you soulja boy fans.
canibus fans will never let him get that the sullied. . . . .go and listen to his new album. . .lyrical law(disc 1, 2, 3), sample metalonin magik and come back here and compare those lyrics to a geriatric killah priest or an idiotic ll cool j.

immortal technique, jedi mind, mos def and common will all slap you for putting canibus down.
majority of these names have done records with canibus with all of them saying he is ahead of his time.

are you asking me this question. . . .when did black poetry become booty, bosoms, drinking 40s, weed, drugs and pu[i]s[/i]sy popping?
you are actually pointing a gun at yourself with the nonsense you wrote above.

lil wayne has more poetic verses than many underground rappers? what a simpleton!!!
just when i thought internet usage was banned in psychiatric wards. . . . .who let you out of your hospital ward?

i used to think the statement light travels faster than sound could be false but you have just convinced me it's true.
it must be the reason why you appeared bright when you created this thread until i heard you speak. grin cheesy

No problemo dude, intelligence is not exclusive to a meaning so really, you can keep saying what you want,  While I listen to poetry and rhythm, you can listen for punchlines okay?? Good,

And if you wanna build career in rap, I'll advice you not to go the way of Canibus! Yes damn right I said it bluntly, Lil wayne has more poetic verses than MOST OF the so called intelligent underground rappers even though I'm NOT A FAN OF LIL WAYNE.

You guys don't respect niche at all,  Rappers talk about each other all the time giving each other cheap promotion and what not,

I have listened to anything Canibus has done in Music and no, I won't put him over killah priest anytime,  I actually like Canibus until you pitching him against Killah priest,  Intelligence doesn't come from reading dictionary

If Canibus really understands all the nonsense he is saying, he would have created some time machine by now,  Over dude,  I'm a rhythm music man, not an adorer of empty words! Canibus' words are plain too empty and has no meaning after the beat stops,

If you think you understand lyrics, write 11 bars or so in form of Canibus' lyrical poo, then I'll write mine let people judge,  Read all your ababio and Canibus dictionary,  I'll show you the sophistication of putting simple words together!!
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 12:50am On Jul 26, 2011

If you think you understand lyrics, write 11 bars or so in form of Canibus' lyrical poo, then I'll write mine let people judge, Read all your ababio and Canibus dictionary,

i don't understand this. . . . .i should write any 11 bars from canibus or i should write my own 11 bars?

do you even know canibus is? i don't think you do. . . .
canibus. . .r.i.p the jacker himself? i weep for your lack of exposure!

just one track: only slaves d.r.e.a.m. and you will come back here to apologize for your ignorance.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 26, 2011
coogar:

i don't understand this. . . . .i should write any 11 bars from canibus or i should write my own 11 bars?

do you even know canibus is? i don't think you do. . . .
canibus. . .r.i.p the jacker himself? i weep for your lack of exposure!

just one track: only slaves d.r.e.a.m. and you will come back here to apologize for your ignorance.

Are you for real? Write your own bars not bring Canibus' bars,

I told you I have heard anything Canibus has done and I won't compare him with Killah priest,

If you ain't lazy minded, go take your mind on a trip with tracks like heavy mental (That track kills Canibus in his own niche and it was by killah priest),

I'm not the type of person you can hype Canibus to as I have heard everything he's done and I refuse to acknowledge him as the best till further notice (Till he does something out of reading the science magazine)

Ain't nothing I say a law so don't get mad!!! If you are just knowing about Canibus and are pumped up about it, it's all good!

And only slaves d.r.e.a.m. is lyrically average,  Some theorists already came up with the fact that the money system will crash (Zeitgeist) so what's spectacular about Canibus saying same thing? Dude maybe everything is said but we can creatively put words together!!!

Seriously, don't get me started on Canibus, Go listen to a track like Deja vu by killah priest, If your mind ain't lazy, tell me Canibus has made any song close to that!!! He can go ahead and talk about science all he wants, Words become empty when the beat stops!!!
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 1:22am On Jul 26, 2011
9jaganja:

Are you for real? Write your own bars not bring Canibus' bars,

sorry to disappoint you. . . .i don't pen bars. . . .

I told you I have heard anything Canibus has done and I won't compare him with Killah priest,

shut the eff up. . . .you couldn't have heard everything canibus has done. . . .that's only exclusive to his few fans.
you have heard post traumatic warlab stress, his lyrical law(trilogy), c of tranquility? niggah puh-leaseee.

If you ain't lazy minded, go take your mind on a trip with tracks like heavy mental (That track kills Canibus in his own niche and it was by killah priest),

stop talking like an . listen to ibime(your godfather in rap lyrics). he admitted killah priest was the whipping boy in the days of apocalyptic four horsemen. i doubt you have ever heard of them. all you newbies of the rap industry claiming to know about rap. better go back to your geometry and learn locus and obtuse angles. this is not your forte!

I'm not the type of person you can hype Canibus to as I have heard everything he's done and I refuse to acknowledge him as the best till further notice (Till he does something out of reading the science magazine)

i refuse to believe you. for you to have heard all his works, you must be his ardent fan.
canibus have more than a dozen albums out there. . . .only his die-hard fans buy all his materials. stop claiming what you don't have.

Ain't nothing I say a law so don't get mad!!! If you are just knowing about Canibus and are pumped up about it, it's all good!

how can i get a mad to what a charlatan like you have to say. all what you have spat could have been heard from a big uncle or big brother. . .
he summarized you on only slaves d.r.e.a.m.. . . .,my lyrics are too advanced for the average block hustler. . . .
you have to be intelligent to sync with canibus. . . . . .if you don't understand him, you are not intelligent.

decode this line. . . .

you can't get your groove back,
don't even bother asking angela bassett

you just get your [b]a[/b]sskicked,
get your head chopped off and dropped in the basket.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 26, 2011
coogar:

shut the eff up. . . .you couldn't have heard everything canibus has done. . . .that's only exclusive to his few fans.
you have heard post traumatic warlab stress, his lyrical law(trilogy), c of tranquility? niggah puh-leaseee.

stop talking like an . listen to ibime(your godfather in rap lyrics). he admitted killah priest was the whipping boy in the days of apocalyptic four horsemen. i doubt you have ever heard of them. all you newbies of the rap industry claiming to know about rap. better go back to your geometry and learn locus and obtuse angles. this is not your forte!

i refuse to believe you. for you to have heard all his works, you must be his ardent fan.
canibus have more than a dozen albums out there. . . .only his die-hard fans buy all his materials. stop claiming what you don't have.

how can i get a mad to what a charlatan like you have to say. all what you have spat could have been heard from a big uncle or big brother. . .
he summarized you on only slaves d.r.e.a.m.. . . .,my lyrics are too advanced for the average block hustler. . . .
you have to be intelligent to sync with canibus. . . . . .if you don't understand him, you are not intelligent.

decode this line. . . .

You are a kid mehn!! Angella bassett did the movie how stella got her groove back so I'm not gonna get my groove back even if I ask Angela bassett lol

The remaining two line are just void and mean nothing but violence,  Nothing to his lines dude,  I told you his bars makes no meaning when the beat stops!!

there is nothing you can say that ME can't decode,  I'm a trash talker, Hip Hop head, speech writer, Song writer/composer, sax master and I beat drums a little,

Seriously, don't get on my level,  nothing creative from that violent and cheap wordplay from Canibus' die slow song,

Nothing special so chip off slowly will ya?? You don't even know his best lines lol,  Yeah you are such an exclusive fan,  I bet you only download his albums too init? hahahaha nigga cheaper than crack HEAD HAHHAHAHAHAHA All you need is crack to get money from the fiend and a head lol!!! cheapest shiiit ever,  Get tha fuk outta talking like you know poo about hip hop tsk tsk, you know too much I agree,

i have all Canibus' albums in hard copy dude (they ain't that hard to find ), Canibus is better than many rappers but you don't know who is better than him so shut up and go jerk him off while he prays and spray on ya,  Nitwit!!

Maybe canibus is super dooper micnificient  to you but if you understand the master's thesis, he just trapped you in his cage while you are having dreams of a slave which is to be the Poet Laureate,  Through your Bottom kissing attitude, I was able to get your psych evaluation and figued it is locked behind a hundred bars and really can't comprehend royal intelligence that resides in psychological buckingham palace,  I'm not your equal, you should say to me "I honor you" and watch who you beef with you dumb !!

Your forward spiral to stupidity has no return!!,
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 9:20am On Jul 26, 2011
9jaganja:

You are a kid mehn!! Angella bassett did the movie how stella got her groove back so I'm not gonna get my groove back even if I ask Angela bassett lolThe remaining two line are just void and mean nothing but violence,  Nothing to his lines dude,  I told you his bars makes no meaning when the beat stops!!
there is nothing you can say that ME can't decode,  I'm a trash talker, Hip Hop head, speech writer, Song writer/composer, sax master and I beat drums a little,

you are a consummate simpleton! money spent on your education should have been used to buy prophylactics to prevent your conception.
trash talker? are you sure? if i go nuclear on you, you will regret the day you sucked your first breath.

Seriously, don't get on my level,  nothing creative from that violent and cheap wordplay from Canibus' die slow song,
Nothing special so chip off slowly will ya?? You don't even know his best lines lol,  Yeah you are such an exclusive fan,  I bet you only download his albums too init? hahahaha nigga cheaper than crack HEAD HAHHAHAHAHAHA All you need is crack to get money from the fiend and a head lol!!! cheapest shiiit ever,  Get tha fuk outta talking like you know poo about hip hop tsk tsk, you know too much I agree,

yes, i downloaded all his album from itunes(all paid for) unlike a lethargic brain dead turkey like yourself who listens to him on youtube.
you are a disgusting boil on the a[i]r[/i]se of humanity. . . .oozing grotesque pus, smelling like a corpse.
canibus. . . .best lines. . . .cheap word-play. . . .violence? on this planet, there's no human being who's sampled canibus ish than my humble self.
i will eat you raw, suck your blood, spit out your bones and flush it down with a bottle of liquor. . . .

i have all Canibus' albums in hard copy dude (they ain't that hard to find ), Canibus is better than many rappers but you don't know who is better than him so shut up and go jerk him off while he prays and spray on ya,  Nitwit!!

that is a lie, you fuckwit!!!! you don't have all canibus' albums in hard copy. . . .that is a big elephant lie.

Maybe canibus is super dooper micnificient  to you but if you understand the master's thesis, he just trapped you in his cage while you are having dreams of a slave which is to be the Poet Laureate,  Through your Bottom kissing attitude, I was able to get your psych evaluation and figued it is locked behind a hundred bars and really can't comprehend royal intelligence that resides in psychological buckingham palace,  I'm not your equal, you should say to me "I honor you" and watch who you beef with you dumb !!

so this is your claim to having all canibus album? you are genetically silly.
all the tracks you embedded in your senseless epistle is between 98 and 2003? which goes to show you stopped following canibus almost a decade ago. coming here to tell us he has got all bis' album. . . . .where's lyrical law, metalonin magik, c of tranquility, mind control?
you are a fool!!

Your forward spiral to stupidity has no return!!,

stupidity platelets run in your veins. . . . .if i ever see you anywhere making false claims, i will go medieval on your back. . . .your 4 limbs tied to four horses facing different directions.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2011
coogar:

you are a consummate simpleton! money spent on your education should have been used to buy prophylactics to prevent your conception.
trash talker? are you sure? if i go nuclear on you, you will regret the day you sucked your first breath.

yes, i downloaded all his album from itunes(all paid for) unlike a lethargic brain dead turkey like yourself who listens to him on youtube.
you are a disgusting boil on the a[i]r[/i]se of humanity. . . .oozing grotesque pus, smelling like a corpse.
canibus. . . .best lines. . . .cheap word-play. . . .violence? on this planet, there's no human being who's sampled canibus ish than my humble self.
i will eat you raw, suck your blood, spit out your bones and flush it down with a bottle of liquor. . . .

that is a lie, you fuckwit!!!! you don't have all canibus' albums in hard copy. . . .that is a big elephant lie.

so this is your claim to having all canibus album? you are genetically silly.
all the tracks you embedded in your senseless epistle is between 98 and 2003? which goes to show you stopped following canibus almost a decade ago. coming here to tell us he has got all bis' album. . . . .where's lyrical law, metalonin magik, c of tranquility, mind control?
you are a fool!!

stupidity platelets run in your veins. . . . .if i ever see you anywhere making false claims, i will go medieval on your back. . . .your 4 limbs tied to four horses facing different directions.

I stopped following the rapper you are kissing his balls since "for whom the beat tolls" and the only reason I bought it was because he said before the album dropped that Poet Laureate continues and may end with the album,

I don't have to sit here and argue with a 35 yrs old man who's brain got cut off with his umbilical cord with his tongue licking his sores while his hands are wrapped around another man's diick,

You don't have to believe me cause the only thing you believe is true is steamy dik wad trickling down you throat with your kneecaps acting as stand for your cum waxed statue you call your body!!

who da fuks is you nucca? Stop talking tuff cuz you listen Canibus, If you really can comprehend his rhymes, you'll know how simple it is to put such rhymes together! Rhetorical bullshit!! GTFOH
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by coogar: 10:26am On Jul 26, 2011
9jaganja:

I stopped following the rapper you are kissing his balls since "for whom the beat tolls" and the only reason I bought it was because he said before the album dropped that Poet Laureate continues and may end with the album,

this is lethargic reasoning. . . . it's like saying i stopped following eminem since encore(2004)
canibus had a mini hiatus but he came back stronger did a collabo album with keith murray, metalonin magik, c of tranquility and now lyrical law.
dope albums too advanced for a cretinous vermin like yourself

I don't have to sit here and argue with a 35 yrs old man who's brain got cut off with his umbilical cord with his tongue licking his sores while his hands are wrapped around another man's diick,

your umbilical cord nearly strangled you. . .cut off the oxygen needed for your brain to work and you ended up with a down syndrome!
this is why you stopped following since 2005 and you have all his albums at the same time. . . .
if that does not expose your idiocy, nothing else would. . . . . grin cheesy

You don't have to believe me cause the only thing you believe is true is steamy dik wad trickling down you throat with your kneecaps acting as stand for your precipitate waxed statue you call your body!!

more ebonics from a child suffering from photosensitive epilepsy. . . . .is this what you call trash talking? if i descend on your soul, your momma will call 911. . . .i keep wondering why scientists experiment on animals when wastes of flesh like you are romaing the streets freely. your brain-cells should be used to ascertain whether weed is bad for one's health or not. . . . .you unrepentant sod!

who da fuks is you nucca? Stop talking tuff cuz you listen Canibus, If you really can comprehend his rhymes, you'll know how simple it is to put such rhymes together! Rhetorical bullshit!! GTFOH

if it's easy to put such rhymes together, why aren't you in the industry?
any scallywag can brag on the internet - a tool like you whose intelligence quotient is less than your shoe-size. . . .a buffoon like you who needs to a guardian to buy him artificial intelligence is here spitting balderdash.
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2011
coogar:

this is lethargic reasoning. . . . it's like saying i stopped following eminem since encore(2004)
canibus had a mini hiatus but he came back stronger did a collabo album with keith murray, metalonin magik, c of tranquility and now lyrical law.
drugs albums too advanced for a cretinous vermin like yourself

your umbilical cord nearly strangled you. . .cut off the oxygen needed for your brain to work and you ended up with a down syndrome!
this is why you stopped following since 2005 and you have all his albums at the same time. . . .
if that does not expose your idiocy, nothing else would. . . . . grin cheesy

more ebonics from a child suffering from photosensitive epilepsy. . . . .is this what you call trash talking? if i descend on your soul, your momma will call 911. . . .i keep wondering why scientists experiment on animals when wastes of flesh like you are romaing the streets freely. your brain-cells should be used to ascertain whether weed is bad for one's health or not. . . . .you unrepentant sod!

if it's easy to put such rhymes together, why aren't you in the industry?
any scallywag can brag on the internet - a tool like you whose intelligence quotient is less than your shoe-size. . . .a buffoon like you who needs to a guardian to buy him artificial intelligence is here spitting balderdash.

Keep on ranting bro, It's a free world wink

What I know you don't and what you know, I may not so senseless debate on a Canibus won't mean nothing to me,

I have all the Albums, take it or leave it and if he drops another one 2mor, I'm sure I'll get it before you anyways so no need to argue with you on that,

Yes I write poetry and compose songs, you don't believe that? Well, I'm 22 now so when I write/compose a hit a big artist, I'll make sure I put 9jaganja there!!

Peace not!!
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by rapjunkie(m): 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
lol . .  .i knew at some time the gloves will come off. . . .  grin

but nice ( and funny) discourse guys. . . .  . .this is what NL is all about cool cool
Re: Killah Priest --- The Man With The Best Cinematic lyrics Ever Known! by slimshay(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
coogar:

decode this line. . . .

Sharon stop lying grin.

9jaganja, believe me you cant battle this dude if what you're into is beautiful-word puzzles #jus sayin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dike's New Song / Naina Video Song Download Dangal / Download Video: 9ice – 3310 (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.