Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi (21073 Views)

Civil War: Footage Of Biafran Soldiers Driving Nigerian Army Out Of Owerri / Zainab Ahmed: Non-Oil Sector Driving Nigerian Economy / Tinubu To FG: Recruit 50 Million Youths Into Army To Fight Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by NwaNimo1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, and former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi has identified bad governance, Nigeria’s economic woes, frustration and hopelessness as some of the factors fuelling drug abuse among the youths in the country.

In a message to mark the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, Obi lamented that many Nigerian youths were taking to drugs as escape route from the harsh economic and political realities in the nation.

According to him, if adequate measures were not put in place to arrest the ugly trend and combat the menace, the “leaders of tomorrow” would remain chained to substance abuse while the future of the country continues to dim.

He said: “Nigeria today has the highest drug abuse prevalence in the world. While the global average is 5.5%, Nigeria battles with 14.4% drug abuse prevalence.

“In 2021, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) found out that 40 percent of our youths, aged between 18 and 35, were deeply involved in drug abuse. What is more painful is that substance abuse is higher among youths in their productive age.

“Accumulated leadership failure over the years in the country has continued to rob our youths of their bright future, thus deepening their addiction to substance abuse.”

While commending NDLEA for the good work they have been doing, Obi called on other relevant agencies to intensify their efforts against the ugly menace, and to continue with a widespread awareness on the dangers of drug abuse.

He argued that the knowledge of the adverse effects of substance abuse will drastically reduce the scourge in the country.

Obi also encouraged the youths to avoid all forms of substance abuse and focus on being productive and helping the country to grow, which, he added, could guarantee them a good livelihood and better future.

The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is celebrated on June 26 every year.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/frustration-driving-nigerian-youths-into-drug-abuse-peter-obi/

113 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Fahdiga(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2022
It originated from Bobo Chicago who introduced many of his people into drug things. There are many of them here too

300 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by JJfrank22(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
No matter how faustrated the world at large may be drug abuse is a NO NO for

Even hungry man is still afraid of going under the trailer.

We all wants surely to die well.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Bomboiy: 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
Peter Obi dropping facts upon facts as usual.

This is the man some people compare to Atiku and the drug dealer from Irigbijimmni that doesn't have certificate.

372 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by SmartPolician: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2022
Although Buhari is old, I have yet to learn anything from him since he became president. This negates the generally held view that wisdom comes with old age.

I think only two persons can challenge Peter Obi in any debate in APC: Tunde Fashola and Yemi Osinbajo.

When it comes to love for knowledge, research and statistics, Peter Obi is on another level. Every speech is full of revelations and facts.

Wouldn't you love such a man to be your president?

469 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by tuborme: 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
The Obi of Nigeria. I am one of the people your good governance rescued from poverty. I currently rescuing others.

221 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Islandlady(f): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2022
Seriously that's why the consumption of Mmpuru mmiri addicts is much in AfghanEastern, So sad cry

396 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Parachoko: 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2022
I agree with Him Tu Lie on this and I know he does not have the solution.

Make e leave am for person wey get the solution for hand

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

365 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by IamWonderful: 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2022
you mean mkpurumiri addicts in Igbo land are frustrated

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by TinubuDeDrugLor: 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
IamWonderful:
you mean mkpurumiri addicts in Igbo land are frustrated

Example of drug addict? We can see from yoir response.

Mkpurummiri iragbiji branch from your reply.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by hopman98: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
Na why meth addicts dey frustrated be dat o, and that's why they keep channeling the sorrowful energies in their lives to hate and perdition online. #BITTERSOULS

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by inoki247: 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
Lol Minister For NDLEA....

Wetin come dey force the seller to sell am undecided undecided

10 Likes

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Sergio101(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2022
angry

Wetin nah.

We no go smoke loud in peace again

Obi cut the crap abeg

4 Likes

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by donphilopus: 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
Little wonder his supporters who are mostly youths have been insulting and attacking anyone who doesn't support the Egyptian liar.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Seriously that's why the consumption of Mmpuru mmiri addicts is much in AfghanEastern, So sad cry

Why are you such a bigot and what’s your obsession with Peter Obi and Igbo people?? Let’s tone down all this tribalistic rhetoric for Gods sake. We can’t repeat same mistake of our fathers.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Smithkafors(m): 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
That is what the head of drug baron wants to cause.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
True.... it's not rocket science...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by kponkedenge(m): 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
I agree.

2 Likes

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Aniluvreal: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
Islandlady:

You and your cousin haven't taken Mkpurummiri yet, but you people f*ck each other like no tomorrow, I wonder what would've happened, assuming you guys do take it.

Islandlady, before you call the mods , because I know that's what you'll do next, here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/7046673/pls-kissed-cousin

We deal with fact. You deactivated your account from SILENTQUEEN to Islandlady.

16 Likes

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Nawa o, where is the tribalism here undecided So is it a lie that the eastern youths are the largest consumer of "methamphetamine" locally known as mmpuru mmiri! So cut me all this emotional bullshit and be logical! Also learn how to face the truth!

Look let's all be guided, I hate nonsense o

Even if that’s true (I doubt it), can you not make a statistical point without the name calling? What is “AfghaEstern”? And why are you on every single Peter Obi thread? I thought you people said he’s insignificant. Why then so fixated on him?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by VladimirPutiin(m): 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:

Tinubu a well known drug mafia has solutions to drug menace grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
My incoming President. God bless you.

18 Likes

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Salvador1: 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:

but u lots told us that buhari was the solution?
Now u wan bring another pro max for us.

Una mumu never do?

Bro we go die for una for this countriiiii?
Why this wickedness.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Parachoko: 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

Tinubu a well known drug mafia has solutions to drug menace grin grin
Bring out your valid evidence

311 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Parachoko: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Salvador1:
but u lots told us that buhari was the solution?
Show me evidence I was supporting Buhari before and after 2015

309 Likes

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:
Bring out your valid evidence

Why did he forfeit $460k to the US government in the early 90s ?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
Lol

1 Like

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by Parachoko: 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

Why did he forfeit $460k to the US government in the early 90s ?
Bring out your evidence, let me see.

The Bola Ahmed Tinubu I know worked for reputable companies in the USA and when he came back to Nigeria, he worked for Mobil.

309 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustration Driving Nigerian Youths Into Drug Abuse – Peter Obi by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
Parachoko:
Bring out your evidence, let me see.

The Bola Ahmed Tinubu I know worked for reputable companies in the USA and when he came back to Nigeria, he worked for Mobil.

The evidence on FBI website is what ?
Abeg I don’t have time to argue right now

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Delegation To Visit Ekweremadu, Wife In London / FG Recalls all career & non-career Ambassadors, expect them in Abuja on Oct 31 / Delta Paid Ibori N250m In UK Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.