Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? (629 Views)

An American Woman With Two Husbands And Three Children Is Causing A Stir Online / My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? / Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nonam: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
Good day.
Electricians and Everyone on this forum.

I wanted to go out but it heavily rain, so I stay back. As it rain, there was a lightening that fell in my compound. I m not sure, but it spark and waken up my phone from sleep mode. Because I plug my phone after NEPA switch off their light. I didn't forget to switch of the socket that powered my LED TV and decoder before the lightening came.

What should I do to prevent lightening from damaging my expensive electrical appliances?

Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Mariangeles(f): 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
If your way no pure, oga change o! sad

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nonam: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mariangeles:
If your way no pure, oga change o! sad

Are you normal?

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Mariangeles(f): 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nonam:

You see what I mean. undecided

Change! Make thunder and lightning no locate you.
Na bad omen!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nonam: 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mariangeles:

You see what I mean. undecided

Change! Make thunder and lightning no locate you.
Na bad omen!

You mean I should pack out from there?
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
Yes. U can get struck to death.
Nonam:

Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Mariangeles(f): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nonam:

Has it ever happened before?
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by djranking00(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
Install thunder (lightning )arrestor or defector

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nonam: 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2022
Mariangeles:

Has it ever happened before?

No, but I have seen lightening fall in year 2002
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nonam: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
djranking00:
Install thunder (lightning )arrestor or defector

OK.
Thanks.
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nonam: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Tamilore11:
Yes. U can get struck to death.

Oo.
K.
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by boxer022(m): 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
Most houses in Lagos do not have lightning protection and earthing, which prevents the power from the lightning from destroying your expensive electrical gadgets. A typical lightning carries as much as 300 million volts of electricity and the maximum voltage of any electrical appliance is 240 volts. So compare and contrast. To answer directly, your compound or building should get a good lightning protection system.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by frozen70(f): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2022
Nonam:
Good day.
Electricians and Everyone on this forum.

I wanted to go out but it heavily rain, so I stay back. As it rain, there was a lightening that fell in my compound. I m not sure, but it spark and waken up my phone from sleep mode. Because I plug my phone after NEPA switch off their light. I didn't forget to switch of the socket that powered my LED TV and decoder before the lightening came.

What should I do to prevent lightening from damaging my expensive electrical appliances?

That building is supposed to have thunder arrest, that's the only way out
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by jimmyolasun: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2022
Thunder fire you! Thunder fire you!

You see, thunder don dey test microphone on your case. Naa junior bro lightning e send
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nonam: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
frozen70:

That building is supposed to have thunder arrest, that's the only way out

OK.
Good.
Re: What Should I Do To Prevent Lightening From causing Damage ? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
Install heart rod

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You Need A Kidney Donor I Am Ready To Donate / For Married Couples Alone! / The Missing Family Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.