Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers (408 Views)

Coronavirus: Lagosians Rush 'Dogoyaro', 'Tagairi' - Herb Sellers / Covid-19, Dangerous Practices That Must Be Stopped Now / How Mango, Banana, Plantain Cause Terminal Illnesses – Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by sript: 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
Well yesterday in one of the thread, someone explained the benefits of eating fruits, and asked what is your favourite fruits..

Well, mine used to be BANANA but maybe not anymore. My seemingly lack of interest was borne out of some potential health risk practices by some banana sellers, I personally observed. And if such practices are not addressed could lead to unprecedented menace...

Bought a ripe, healthy looking 500 naira worth of banana from road side sellers at ore on my way to school. Halfway through the journey of about 45-50 minutes max, to Akure. I observed my lap had drenched like a woman who forgot the date of her period, grin.

Apparently, the liquid was from the banana inside the loosely tied nylon. In curiosity I opened the nylon, more than half of it had fermented with the skin looking darkened like a week old pool and disgusting. It took me few seconds to flung everything out into the nearby bushes. What a waste, 500 hundred naira all gone. I can't cry, needless to say what 500 naira can do in the life of a student. Students can relate lol cheesy

I later got to found out about this potential harmful practices by most banana sellers. Somewhat, they are into the practice of using SILICON CARBIDE POWDER, in a bid to quickened the banana ripening process for sales the next day. Things like this could post serious health problems to consumers, that's if it's not happening already. Is it a coincidence that there are more reported cases of people coming down with organs failure and surg in rates of cancer??

Why will some people put their own selfish interests above the others even if it means harming your own fellow Men. Is it the lack of of awareness on the dangers of silicon carbide on human health or simply greediness? I guess the former.. perhaps they don't give two fúck, as long as sales keep coming and they keep cashing out...for all they care, the whole world can jump off the Eiffel tower

Last year, a friend of mine told me some people are putting HYPO inside water to ferment cassava. They claimed HYPO aids cassava fermentation process more faster...gosh, WTF did I just hear

1 Like

Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by maleekberry: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
Just some days back, the federal government warned akara (bean cakes) seller against using TRANSFOMER OIL to fry akara.

Are you also aware that most buka (food canteen) also use nail or paracetamol to soften meat while cooking it.

You also need to see how they process ponmo
Some smoke it with burning tyres, some even use petrol to burn the ponmo.
Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by ETIIKO: 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
You are absolutely correct. This is exactly the same thing i experience when i bought banana at aforementioned area; when i started eating the banana it was not as soft as when i feel it with my hand. Later on i start feeling pain on my chest. No matter how attractive a banana may appeal to me when traveling toward that region i can never succumbed to it.
Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by Cypress042(m): 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
Interesting thread, here to learn cool
Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by HarlequinLekex: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
Funny enough,ethyne is also used
Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
I couldn't agree more. My saving grace is my garden where i cultivate fruits. Now my bananas and plantain are already maturing, the next step na to cut am and wait for them to ripen naturally. Na better nonsense person dey consume for this country.
Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by sript: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2022
Ninejaywon:
I couldn't agree more. My saving grace is my garden where i cultivate fruits. Now my bananas and plantain are already maturing, the next step na to cut am and wait for them to ripen naturally. Na better nonsense person dey consume for this country.

Exactly..that's the best thing to do...grow it yourself and enjoy natural fruits at it finest without chemically-induced the ripening process with dangerous, carcinogenic chemical compounds...

Accumulation of these substances is recipe for, liver cirrhosis, cancer, organ failure...
Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by sript: 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
ETIIKO:
You are absolutely correct. This is exactly the same thing i experience when i bought banana at aforementioned area; when i started eating the banana it was not as soft as when i feel it with my hand. Later on i start feeling pain on my chest. No matter how attractive a banana may appeal to me when traveling toward that region i can never succumbed to it.

I ain't in anyway trying to destroy people sources of living, but raise awareness about the nauseating, cacodemonic practices of what these sellers are into. While their pockets are getting fat, people health are heading towards a dangerous precipice...

Unless we all continue to call out similar practices as this and make it go viral, then we no better than those doing it...

Let save lives and people's health..

Prevention as they say is better than cure.. yes, raising awareness as these could save thousands from the doctors table
Re: Sickning And Potential Dangerous Practices Of Some Banana Sellers by sript: 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
maleekberry:
Just some days back, the federal government warned akara (bean cakes) seller against using TRANSFOMER OIL to fry akara.

Are you also aware that most buka (food canteen) also use nail or paracetamol to soften meat while cooking it.

You also need to see how they process ponmo
Some smoke it with burning tyres, some even use petrol to burn the ponmo.

We are living in a world where people don't give a demn weather their actions are putting thousands of lives in jeopardy. To them only making money matters, weather the next man dies it doesn't matter...

Frying akara with transformer oil is on the rise,it a pity how people can be heartless. Transformer oil (And the Chemical name of Transformer oil is Hydrotreated Light Nepthanic Distillate.) Is carcinogenic when consumed

Federal government warning isn't enough, relevant agencies like NAFDAC and the likes do their job

(1) (Reply)

Http://dumpsemv.com Dumps Shop Track 1&2 / Atm Skimmers / Pos Skimmer / Internat / . / Enugu Residents Defecate Inside Drinking Water As Water Scarcity Bites: PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.