Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out (1118 Views)

Why Asiwaju Will Most Likely Be A One Term President: Northern Plot Takes Shape! / Reno Omokri Leads Nigerians In UK To Chase Tinubu Out Of Chatham House (Video) / 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out Of Presidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 2:53am On Jun 27, 2022
SOUTH-WEST socio-political group, the Yoruba Council Worldwide a.k.a. Igbimo Apapo Yoruba Lagbaye, has alleged that the Northern political class has concluded plans to scheme the All Progressives Congress (APC) standard bearer, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, out of the presidential race

The President-General of the Council, Aare Omoluabi Oladotun Hassan, at a briefing in Abuja on Sunday, said the Council was reliably informed of the plot to repeat the political treatment meted against Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Chief MKO Abiola to pave way for the emergence of Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as president in 2023.

According to him, the decision to resort to the pursuing Tinubu’s disqualification through the Independent National Electoral Commission was taken after some Northern power brokers realised the futility of their attempt to impose Senator Ahmed Lawan as the APC presidential candidate.

Aare Omoluabi also claimed there was a plan to launch a media war of calumny against Tinubu over his missing academic certificates, but warned that the Council will not tolerate what it described as ‘premeditated treachery’ against the former governor of Lagos.

He said, “We warn against the ensuing and deadly political card by the Northern supremacist and sectional interests, specifically targeted at forcing Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) out of the way in order to pave way for a Northern presidential candidate of another political party.

“We are fully inundated with details of their deceitful and clandestine operations to desperately and forcefully bring in through the back door Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the PDP and back him to emerge as President come 2023.

“The Yoruba Council Worldwide wishes to inform that we shall not tolerate any clandestine motive to repeat the evil machinations meted against Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Chief MKO Abiola both of whom were politically wrecked by the power thirsty Northern supremacists who are hell-bent to retain power in the North under any political party divide.”

While warning alleged ethnic chauvinist from the North to desist from playing any card that will turn the Nigerian State into a Northern courtyard, the organisation expressed confidence that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu would provide solutions to Nigeria’s plethora of problems come

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/2023-yoruba-council-alleges-northern-plot-to-scheme-tinubu-out-of-presidential-race/
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 2:54am On Jun 27, 2022
I have a lot to say about this.
Loading ...
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by PoliteActivist: 3:01am On Jun 27, 2022
They don't need to. Tinubu's own authentic dirty secrets will bring him down

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by Validated: 3:08am On Jun 27, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by KingKO22: 3:34am On Jun 27, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by Eriokanmi: 3:41am On Jun 27, 2022
He's been schemed out already. Since he stopped lawan their preferred and consensus candidate (of whom buhari once said, should he mention his name, he couid be assassinated)from winning the primaries. I wonder the formation of yorubas saying this. Maybe those feeding under him shaa

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 4:01am On Jun 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
He's been schemed out already. Since he stopped lawan their preferred and consensus candidate (of whom buhari once said, should he mention his name, he couid be assassinated)from winning the primaries. I wonder the formation of yorubas saying this. Maybe those feeding under him shaa

Hmm, something to think about here.

It seems to me that Tinubu's biggest problem (apart from his certificate issues,) is the problem of "right to equity" or "right to fairness"

I once said that the Northerners "allowed" Tinubu to win the APC presidential primaries because they would find it easier to do injustice to him.

When those Northern APC governors made their moves to support Tinubu in the presidential primaries, I smelt a rat.

This group many be unto something here, but so what?

Here, the aphorism that "He who goes to equity must go with clean hands" fully takes center stage!
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:08am On Jun 27, 2022
Tinubu is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

If una like make una piss for body or hug transformer.

May his Time as President, favour Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 4:17am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

Do you mind to share your permutation about how that happens?

Unless I'm missing something, there are two Northern presidential candidates in this race.
If anything, at least it tells us that the North wants to retain power.

There is fire somewhere, and that is why this Yoruba group is raising alarm.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by APCnaPDP: 4:18am On Jun 27, 2022
Our brothers in the south west should know that Tinubu is a bad product.
Don’t let tribalism push Nigeria into a new cycle of suffering for 8 years.

No one wants to scheme him out, he is just a bad product simple.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by APCnaPDP: 4:23am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

Oga Naughty, where will Tinubu actually win to become president ? Is it the North that Atiku fever is slowly sweeping across or the south east/south south where Obi is going strong? Even the SW, Tinubu bar massive rigging will not win by a large margin. So where?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by detapode: 4:25am On Jun 27, 2022
Oga o
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 27, 2022
Obi may not be president or win the race but he will be a spoiler for atiku and tinubu and we may, for the first time in this country go to the second round of presidental election. People are tired of both atiku and apc. So no scheme out anywhere. We are no more in 90s.fulani government had thought the southern citizens sense and they should reflect it in the ballot, both along religious and ethnic lines.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:30am On Jun 27, 2022
APCnaPDP:

Oga Naughty, where will Tinubu actually win to become president ? Is it the North that Atiku fever is slowly sweeping across or the south east/south south where Obi is going strong? Even the SW, Tinubu bar massive rigging will not win by a large margin. So where?
I am not ready to give you expo but I am ready to bet. In case you are interested or know anyone that is interested in betting.

My main targets are those Chestbeating Obi/Ipob Supporters
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:32am On Jun 27, 2022
priceactionx:
Obi may not be president or win the race but he will be a spoiler for atiku and tinubu and we may, for the first time in this country go to the second round of presidental election. People are tired of both atiku and apc. So no scheme out anywhere. We are no more in 90s.fulani government had thought the southern citizens sense and they should reflect it in the ballot, both along religious and ethnic lines.
Point of correction, Obi can NEVER win this election! This is a National Election not a Regional Election!
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:33am On Jun 27, 2022
onumadu:

Do you mind to share your permutation about how that happens?

Unless I'm missing something, there are two Northern presidential candidates in this race.
If anything, at least it tells us that the North wants to retain power.

There is fire somewhere, and that is why this Yoruba group is raising alarm.
I am not ready to give you expo but I am ready to bet. In case you are interested or know anyone that is interested in betting.

My main target ae those Chestbeating Obi Supporters
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 4:40am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

My main target ae those Chestbeating Obi Supporters

Okay I see you are a gambler then.lol grin
Oga I no be gambler o. I work VERY HARD for my money. cool

In Nigerian politics, ANYTHING can happen.
That is why the country has no basic critical infrastructure, like light, and people living in deep poverty are openly campaigning for OLD brigands.
Some of them betting away scarce family money. shocked cheesy

Whoever wins, wins, but the poor people who voted them will feel the impact most whether for good or bad. QED. cool

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by APCnaPDP: 4:43am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

My main targets are those Chestbeating Obi/Ipob Supporters

Ok. Unless you are counting on rigging, then that’s ok. I don’t support Obi, I am an Atiku man but Obi is a much better product that your candidate. You have a right to support him though. It is your choice .

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:45am On Jun 27, 2022
onumadu:

Okay I see you are a gambler then.lol grin
Oga I no be gambler o. I work VERY HARD for my money. cool

In Nigerian politics, ANYTHING can happen.
That is why the country has no basic critical infrastructure, like light, and people living in deep poverty are opening campaigning for OLD brigands.
Some of them betting away scarce family money. shocked cheesy

Whoever wins, wins, but the poor people who voted them will feel the impact most whether for good or bad. QED. cool

No Saint amongst Nigerian politicians. However, I prefer Tinubu to all the Aspirants.
This man has proven over the years that he builds people and hints the best talents.

I am looking forward to a stupendous cabinet that will hit the ground running.

It annoys me when a region tries to use their Agenda to force one fraud on us by calling him saint. I am Smarter than that rubbish!
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:47am On Jun 27, 2022
APCnaPDP:

Ok. Unless you are counting on rigging, then that’s ok. I don’t support Obi, I am an Atiku man but Obi is a much better product that your candidate. You have a right to support him though. It is your choice .
Thank you. Obi is a better man than my candidate is your opinion and you are entitled to your opinion.

As for me, Obi is an Igbo/Ipob Agenda trying to fool Nigerians.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 4:50am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
No Saint amongst Nigerian politicians. However, I prefer Tinubu to all the Aspirants.
This man has proven over the years that he builds people and hints the best talents.

I am looking forward to a stupendous cabinet that will hit the ground running.

It annoys me when a region tries to use their Agenda to force one fraud on us by calling him saint. I am Smarter than that rubbish!

Now we are talking. Please no more talks of BETTING because the future of real human beings are at stake.

You have every right to support your candidate Tinubu, and also believe he is the best.

Peter Obi supporters also have same right, even more so, because Obi has a PROVEN track record too.
That is why their mantra is "go and verify".

The point of this thread though is that the North feels that Tinubu has no right to justice, or equity in trying to become Nigeria's president next year.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by APCnaPDP: 4:54am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Thank you. Obi is a better man than my candidate is your opinion and you are entitled to your opinion.

That could be right but Ibo people could also say Tinubu is a Yoruba agenda. Obi or Tinubu or Atiku can’t do anything that northerners don’t want. Do you know why? There are more senators and house of rep members from the north. How will anyone divide the country?
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:56am On Jun 27, 2022
onumadu:

Now we are talking. Please no more talks of BETTING because the future of real human beings are at stake.

You have every right to support your candidate Tinubu, and also believe he is the best.

Peter Obi supporters also have same right, even more so, because Obi has a PROVEN track record too.
That is why their mantra is "go and verify".

The point of this thread though is that the North feels that Tinubu has no right to justice, or equity in trying to become Nigeria's president next year.
Again, Peter Obi is Igbo/Ipob Agenda!

There is no proven track record Obi wants to present that Tinubu will not triple. Obi supporters are just noise makers.

As for the North, bookmark this post! Northerners are the biggest beneficiaries of One Nigeria and the Northern Elites understand that the single most important factor that threatens the existence of Nigeria is power not shifting to the South.

Why do you think APC Northern Governors insisted that power must shift to the South and supported Tinubu?
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 4:58am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

There you go again calling people names. lol

According to you, Igbo have no right to the presidency of Nigeria.
You see why the North is scheming Tinubu out certainly?

You cannot deny one ethnic group in Nigeria of their right to the highest office, and expect that the North will allow your ethnic group to rule.
If you cannot give justice to the East, believe me, the North will rule Nigeria forever, which BTW is what the North wants anyway.

Why Peter Obi is even a breathe of fresh air is because, apart from his impeccable integrity clearly visible to all Nigerians, Nigerians (particularly the youths and some of the people siting on the fence) see in him a credible opportunity to salvage Nigeria.

You can keep calling people names, but Nigeria still belongs to all of Nigerians since the country hasn't divided yet.
Politics of treachery backfires frequently.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:00am On Jun 27, 2022
APCnaPDP:

That could be right but Ibo people could also say Tinubu is a Yoruba agenda. Obi or Tinubu or Atiku can’t do anything that northerners don’t want. Do you know why? There are more senators and house of rep members from the north. How will anyone divide the country?
Tinubu is far from Obi. Obi cannot lace Tinubu's shoes.

Tinubu is not a Yoruba Agenda and I will give you the reason.

Search your soul and tell me how many Northern political bigwigs have been supporting or following Obi about.

Now do the same for Tinubu and tell me if all those Northern political gladiators are also doing Yoruba Agenda.

Like I always say, these whole 2023 political calculations is easy for any analytical and intelligent person to understand.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by daddytime(m): 5:03am On Jun 27, 2022
Validated:

grin grin

When you see them positioning themselves strategically in every sector and MDA you'd think they don't know what they are doing.

They knew that the issue with him and all about him wasn't properly dispensed with while he was a Governor and afterwards but cunningly hid it away as a joker for whipping him in line should he grow wings as fat as he has just done. It's now time to draw out the joker and begin to flog.

Shebi una say aboki no get sense.

Dem don dey troop go meet their brother for PDP while a few will still remain with the APC just in case.

How any sane person can believe the North plays party politics or will be loyal to one party is laughable.

Laslas even the Tinubu wey me dey feel say sabi small na still mugu sef for the game that Nigeria is.

How far with Amaechi
How far with Saraki
How far with Oshiomole
How far with even Wike

Even that horse teeth wey say him na doctor no fit smell the coffee to understand what is happening right before his nose but for selfish reasons he has also refused to listen to the the the voice of reason and is willing to sell his State, region and use the State's allocation to go sponsor someone who believes he is better than you and doesn't have the academic qualification that you parade, All because you want to be called a VP, Minister, Senator etc.

Na God go punish and continue to dey disgrace all of una.

They tried to pet and bully GEJ at the same time to rubbish him further. He was smart for once to allow them drown in the ogogoro they brewed by themselves.

I also fail to understand how any sane human who has anything bad to say about the present calamity ruling the country yet, go on to canvass for Atiku. They all seem to have forgotten that Atiku was as instrumental as Tinubu in foisting this mistake on Nigeria and Nigerians. He only had to feign decamping and went back to PDP to hold and secure the space there for this eventuality and yes, they succeeded.

They wanted both parties and they are about to get it or plan B will set in which is a mass defection to the PDP where they will use the instrument of government to enthrone one of theirs while they allow Bobo Chicago to inherit and keep the APC... grin

All of una eye go clear..

Broom wey dem take flog first wife dey up where dem hang am for the second wife own flogging.

Jonathan go laugh tire...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:04am On Jun 27, 2022
onumadu:

There you go again calling people names. lol

According to you, Igbo have no right to the presidency of Nigeria.
You see why the North is scheming Tinubu out certainly?

You cannot deny one ethnic group in Nigeria of their right to the highest office, and expect that the North will allow your ethnic group to rule.
If you cannot give justice to the East, believe me, the North will rule Nigeria forever, which BTW is what the North wants anyway.

Why Peter Obi is even a breathe of fresh air is because, apart from his impeccable integrity clearly visible to all Nigerians, Nigerians (particularly the youths and some of the people siting on the fence) see in him a credible opportunity to salvage Nigeria.

You can keep calling people names, but Nigeria still belongs to all of Nigerians since the country hasn't divided yet.
Politics of treachery backfires frequently.
Only those that have been fooled are the ones that believe Obi will bring fresh air.

Obi remains an Igbo/Ipob Agenda and I will never be fooled!

Igbos should learn to build bridges and stop this entitlement mentality. They should Laos learn to make intelligent political calculations and decisions.
Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by onumadu: 5:06am On Jun 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Again, Peter Obi is Igbo/Ipob Agenda!

There is no proven track record Obi wants to present that Tinubu will not triple. Obi supporters are just noise makers.

As for the North, bookmark this post! Northerners are the biggest beneficiaries of One Nigeria and the Northern Elites understand that the single most important factor that threatens the existence of Nigeria is power not shifting to the South.

Why do you think APC Northern Governors insisted that power must shift to the South and supported Tinubu?

You are very naive in your conclusion about APC Northern governors. lol
I would not want to compare Tinubu with Obi because there are clearly no basis for such comparison.
One is a PROVEN man of integrity with clear CV, assets, and references both in Nigeria and abroad, while the other is a shady character who can't even present ONE credible CV.
As for the North's fear about Nigeria's disintegration, methinks that is why they are scheming to replace Tinubu with Amaechi, because the North knows that it is the turn of the EAST. They know, but they will not tell Tinubu because they are hoping to use Tinubu's greed to do injustice to him at the eleventh hour.
So, if Tinubu wants to do injustice to the East, why wouldn't the North keep power?
Who will stop them from keeping power? South west?
Would other parts of Nigeria support South west in breaking up Nigeria just because Tinubu was given his own medicine?
Question is: Does Tinubu deserve justice and fairness?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by orisa37: 5:07am On Jun 27, 2022
onumadu:
SOUTH-WEST socio-political group, the Yoruba Council Worldwide a.k.a. Igbimo Apapo Yoruba Lagbaye, has alleged that the Northern political class has concluded plans to scheme the All Progressives Congress (APC) standard bearer, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, out of the presidential race

The President-General of the Council, Aare Omoluabi Oladotun Hassan, at a briefing in Abuja on Sunday, said the Council was reliably informed of the plot to repeat the political treatment meted against Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Chief MKO Abiola to pave way for the emergence of Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as president in 2023.

According to him, the decision to resort to the pursuing Tinubu’s disqualification through the Independent National Electoral Commission was taken after some Northern power brokers realised the futility of their attempt to impose Senator Ahmed Lawan as the APC presidential candidate.

Aare Omoluabi also claimed there was a plan to launch a media war of calumny against Tinubu over his missing academic certificates, but warned that the Council will not tolerate what it described as ‘premeditated treachery’ against the former governor of Lagos.

He said, “We warn against the ensuing and deadly political card by the Northern supremacist and sectional interests, specifically targeted at forcing Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) out of the way in order to pave way for a Northern presidential candidate of another political party.

“We are fully inundated with details of their deceitful and clandestine operations to desperately and forcefully bring in through the back door Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the PDP and back him to emerge as President come 2023.

“The Yoruba Council Worldwide wishes to inform that we shall not tolerate any clandestine motive to repeat the evil machinations meted against Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Chief MKO Abiola both of whom were politically wrecked by the power thirsty Northern supremacists who are hell-bent to retain power in the North under any political party divide.”

While warning alleged ethnic chauvinist from the North to desist from playing any card that will turn the Nigerian State into a Northern courtyard, the organisation expressed confidence that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu would provide solutions to Nigeria’s plethora of problems come

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/2023-yoruba-council-alleges-northern-plot-to-scheme-tinubu-out-of-presidential-race/

Once beaten twice shy.
ATIKU deserted OBASANJO.
NORTHERNERS ditched JONATHAN.
100'000 DEFECTED FROM APC TO PDP IN SOKOTO. THAT'S THE STORYLINE NOW.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba Council Alleges Northern Plot To Scheme Tinubu Out by NaughtyBrainiac: 5:12am On Jun 27, 2022
onumadu:

You are very naive in your conclusion about APC Northern governors. lol
I would not want to compare Tinubu with Obi because there are clearly no basis for such comparison.
One is a PROVEN man of integrity with clear CV, assets, and references both in Nigeria and abroad, while the other is a shady character who can't even present ONE credible CV.
As for the North's fear about Nigeria's disintegration, methinks that is why they are scheming to replace Tinubu with Amaechi, because the North knows that it is the turn of the EAST. They know, but they will not tell Tinubu because they are hoping to use Tinubu's greed to do injustice to him at the eleventh hour.
So, if Tinubu wants to do injustice to the East, why wouldn't the North keep power.
Who will stop them from keeping power? South west?
Would other parts of Nigeria support South west in breaking up Nigeria just because Tinubu was given his own medicine?
Question is: Does Tinubu deserve justice and fairness?
With all these you wrote,you have clearly shown I should not be having a political discussion with you. This is absolute political cluelessness.

You are typing with emotions/sentiments and not facts. I wish you the best.

I won't reply you again. Shalom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okonjo- Iweala Son, Dr Uchechi Iweala Breaks Medical Record In U.S.A / 2023:Why Mass Defection From Ruling Party To Opposition In The North ? / King Charles III Proclaimed Canada's New Head Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.