Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery (18891 Views)

Emefiele Accused Of Secretly Selling $3.4 Billion To Dangote In One Transaction / Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 / Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates ₦1 Billion To Support COVID-19 Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by ayenale1(m): 9:51am On Jun 27, 2022
If this man eventually finish this refinery...we go hear am for this country...na press up we dey do now...

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by divineuk(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2022
He should send his account details
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by pretydiva(f): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2022
When will it be operational bayi?
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by TheDemola: 9:52am On Jun 27, 2022
angry
Let's not expect fuel at 180/litre at the of it all
Aidejay:
Inasmuch as I hope dangote fulfills this dream, I can't help but feel uneasy about this it's prolonged completion timeline. And more debt financing againnnn!

I guess you can't rush greatness.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Trojan8(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2022
doctokwus:
Hope this is not another scam

Better to keep shut than spew thrash. How is issuing corporate bonds a scam?

Anyway, for those interested it would be in two tranche of 150b naira each, minimum amount to invest is fixed at 10m naira.
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Johel(m): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by HeavenVGate: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2022
Teeroyzimma:
If you support Drugnubu then you need to be taken to a mental home.

Vote Peter Obi. Vote Labour Party.
Guy! Link me up na. Make I follow chop from this Pandora money na.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Goodness10(m): 9:57am On Jun 27, 2022
I'm Atikulated and I don't want to be obedient
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Lexusgs430: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2022
Let's ask Abacha......... cheesy
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by TheOgaBoss: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2022
Transcriber:

How does this relate to the news?

Do you need glasses?
u get sense at all? How much was naira to dollar b4 apc took over? Are u aware that all the parts and expartriates salaries for the refinery is in dollars?
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by aribisala0(m): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2022
The project is too big for Dangote . He should sell some more of it, he has sold some to the FG in an un-transparent deal and I believe the FG was shafted.
A private investor would have negotiated more shrewdly
Nigerians have money . He should list on the Stock Exchange

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Ibkhaleel01: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2022
aboki was the richest in the 50's (Alhassan Dantata), richest in the 80's (Maideribe), and richest in the 21st century (Dangote).

1 Like

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by youngrichnigga: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2022
This will end up in the Guinness book of record as the most expensive single train (obsolete) refinery in the world. The aura of this government doesn't portend greatness for anyone especially those associated/associating with them angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Theunbothered: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2022
Aidejay:
Inasmuch as I hope dangote fulfills this dream, I can't help but feel uneasy about this it's prolonged completion timeline. And more debt financing againnnn!

This entire project looks like one money laundering venture to me.
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by obua: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2022
Aidejay:

since 2020, the price of steel , a major material in the refinery construction has more than doubled in price internationally, and almost quadrupled locally. There is no way project price can stay same.
Let's encourage this global African champion

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by miqos02(m): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2022
Aidejay:

continued exchange rate issues will continue to affect the project
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by TheOgaBoss: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2022
Throwback:
This the very reason the established oil importers refused to utilise the refinery license they secured.

Too much capital would be tied down to completing the project over many years. Then more years of operation before breaking even and making profit.

They decided to continue with their importation with an investment turnaround time of few months.
oga the key is modular refinery, the VP propounded this idea sometime ago but politics aorrounding the oil industry will not allow it take root.
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by MadamExcellency: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2022
Transcriber:
Just wait as those obidient guys turn this news into something about their god undecided

Fucking Dumbos

The Exchange rate is more of the problem than cash.

If the exchange rate is N200 to a dollar, this refinery would've be done with since some years ago.
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by dadavivo: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2022
My cousin truly said that refinery won't be ready till 2024
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Transcriber: 10:11am On Jun 27, 2022
MadamExcellency:

The Exchange rate is more of the problem than cash.

If the exchange rate is N200 to a dollar, this refinery would've be done with since some years ago.
nonsense talk
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by doctokwus: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2022
Trojan8:

Better to keep shut than spew thrash. How is issuing corporate bonds a scam?
Because it reminds me of the Ajaokuta steel plant.
More than 60% of the project was funded by the CBN and FG at concessionary exchange rate even when dollar was at ₦360.
Where do you think the foreign exchange equivalent for this ₦300b would come from again,from your a rse or defective brain?
Aside the fact that the CBN would likely sell for him at 400/dollar,using scarce dollars that is supposed to be used to defend the Naira or fund multiple other aspects of the economy.
The same format then big men used to wreck banks,using bank executives to grant them billions of Naira loan they knew they not only couldn't but had no intention to pay.
Who do you think guaranteed the foreign loans Dangote has taken this far?The CBN and FG of course and when they are due,even when the refinery hasn't come on board,who pays?The FG!
So tell me where I was wrong to have strong suspicion that this looks like a phoney,money draining project?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by descarado: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2022
aribisala0:
The project is too big for Dangote . He should sell some more of it, he has sold some to the FG in an un-transparent deal and I believe the FG was shafted.
A private investor would have negotiated more shrewdly
Nigerians have money . He should list on the Stock Exchange

He want sole ownership.
Govt already gave him their term, he declined.
More than half of the money he put in the project is looted funds from politicians. As he don't want to agree to their terms,they stopped pumping money in, since then, he has been struggling.
I don't think he has up to 40% stake in that refinery. And trust me, we will hear the naija story when it starts working.

They pegged dollar exclusively for him, had waivers and what didn't they do for him.

He only shine in monopoly but in this one, monopoly won't work cos he is fighting against those who gave him monopoly and support.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2022
Smithkafors:
Yes, because the exchange rate has doubled. If he doesn't hurry up, he will need more naira to covert back to dollars to finance his company.
Dangote earns in Naira plus other African currencies and not in dollars. Despite getting dollars at way cheaper rates, he is still unable to complete his company. This will tell you how much damage has been done to the economy. Na the banks I pity, cause the financed the major part of the project.

If i recall NNPC purchased some stake in Dangote Refinery so i am wondering what the outcome was or was it just for Optics and propaganda?
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by descarado: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2022
doctokwus:

Because it reminds me of the Ajaokuta steel plant.
More than 60% of the project was funded by the CBN and FG at concessionary exchange rate even when dollar was at ₦360.
Where do you think the foreign exchange equivalent for this ₦300b would come from again,from your a rse or defective brain?
Aside the fact that the CBN would likely sell for him at 400/dollar,using scarce dollars that is supposed to be used to defend the Naira or fund multiple other aspects of the economy.
The same format then big men used to wreck banks,using bank executives to grant them billions of Naira loan they knew they not only couldn't but had no intention to pay.
Who do you think guaranteed the foreign loans Dangote has taken this far?The CBN and FG of course and when they are due,even when the refinery hasn't come on board,who pays?The FG!
So tell me where I was wrong to have strong suspicion that this looks like a phoney,money draining project?
I didn't see this before I commented.

That project is fed govt project cum politicians fronted by dangote. That Nigeria is where either is today with valueless naira is cos of people like danhote especially dangote.
Wonder why people hail this parasite of a man.
Take him to US to compete favourably with industrialists, he will declare bankrupt within 2 yrs.
Padded industrialist.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:23am On Jun 27, 2022
Jlow2:
With dollar at 180naira when the project started to 620 now, I can imagine when the project will be completed
this might be the beginning of his end. You can't have it all. He is greedy. Should have invested more into agricultural production than oil.

Africa needs food.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by hush15: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2022
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/dangote-shops-for-additional-n300b-to-finance-refinery/

I guess the high foreign exchange rate is what prompted this. He should do an IPO and Nigerians themselves will gladly raise more than he expect, infact, he will be over subscribed sef. The rate at which he dey borrow so, I just hope we can still afford his fuel
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by Bawsse(m): 10:24am On Jun 27, 2022
Transcriber:

How does this relate to the news?

Do you need glasses?
so can you tell me how Obi will make the exchange rate lower?

Besides do you really want the refinery to work?
Or you've just found another avenue to whine?
How is PDP better than APC?

One way I know he will help is banning dollarisation of our local economy and party electoral processes, which if loopholes are blocked, importers can get enough dollars to important essentials, in the long run it will rise the naira against dollar because hoarders will reduce

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by AbuAeesha: 10:24am On Jun 27, 2022
englishmart:
Dangote is just a frontier. That refinery is a northern Nigerian project.
u have proof?
abi na just propaganda?
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by maasoap(m): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2022
Transcriber:
Nice

But his refinery is his problem

Completing it will only make him richer not the masses

His monopoly will only increase

You said this because you are shallow in thinking.
That refinery, not yet completed but has provided jobs for hundreds already if not thousands. Some were even sent abroad. When completed and start operation, just think about the number of direct employments and indirect ones.
What about the availability of the petrol and other products irrespective of the prices?
The issue of too much demand for forex is there, naira may gain against dollar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by gracealonev: 10:34am On Jun 27, 2022
That refinery na issue. The dwsign get k-leg sef
Re: Dangote Shops For Additional ₦300 Billion To Finance Refinery by maasoap(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
this might be the beginning of his end. You can't have it all. He is greedy. Should have invested more into agricultural production than oil.

Africa needs food.

Your government failed to maintain four refineries. Many industrialists obtained licences to build refineries but couldn't embark upon it. We now have one man doing it and you already termed him greedy and already seen the beginning of his end. Lol, Nigerians and their shallow thoughts never disappoint.
Dangote already invested in agriculture, what about you? How much is your investment in agriculture? Easier said than done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Online Business Now!!! / Prices Of Foodstuffs In Bauchi Down By 50% / Betfair Users Meet Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.