Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria (22186 Views)

How Tanko Muhammad Was "Forced" To Resign As CJN / Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad / US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by onuman: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2022
Omooba77:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/27/tanko-muhammad-set-to-resign-as-cjn/

Even the Supreme Court of Nigeria is hit by lack of electricity!!!!

Yet some yeye Nigerians still campaign for outdated politicians to keep all of us stuck in reverse in Nigeria.

Anyway, perhaps Tanko is being made to resign for a harder CJN who will preside over petitions against election rigging by APC in 2023. Nothing is new, including CJN resigning office shortly before general elections, in Nigeria.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by spencekat(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2022
Better,he made Uzodinjo a governor.

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by jrusky(m): 10:44am On Jun 27, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Some of the issues raised by the justices in the letter include the failure to replace dilapidated vehicles, accommodation problems, poor healthcare services at the Supreme Court clinic, and poor electricity supply.

Under Buhari government nothing is there to write home about tongue undecided.

Bro no even go there this buhari govt is like a curse to this country. I don't pray Nigeria see the buhari type of leader again till the world will end.

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 10:44am On Jun 27, 2022
seunmsg:

When will he retire?

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Parachoko: 10:44am On Jun 27, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

For me, it is Arise News any day, any time.
Reliable, non-partisan, and truthful.

No be TVC wey be say the country go dey burn, almost all their programmes go dey tell us how perfect Tinubu is.
Is Tinubu Nigeria President?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:

Alright.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Nchenches: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2022
spencekat:
Better,he made Uzodinjo a governor.

.... and Orlu section of Imo state got ruined by that single act.
UzodiNjo thinks that people don't know that he initiated the violence in Orlu two months after he became governor of Imo state. As Senator representing Orlu senatorial zone for 8 years, he had no Constituency office in Orlu. He became governor, and has refused to do anything development in the area, as he hides under the excuse of insecurity in the area. Is Orlu the capital of Biafra? What would IPOB gain from arresting development in Orlu?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Tareq1105: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2022
ghettokid1:
He is just not Obidient

Yes he's not Obi.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by bigpicture001: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2022
I see tinubu invincible hands-on this.... He is getting ready for the cabal.. in case it gets to court
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Tareq1105: 10:50am On Jun 27, 2022
Mumusaphire:
He already achieved his aim by giving first to someone that came fourth on governorship election, and approved using of hijabs in schools.

What about giving APC victory to PDP in bayelsa?

2 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Tareq1105: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2022
Caleb17:
VOTE PETER OBI FOR BETTER NIGERIA!

The same way Anambra State people are living better life abi?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Frizz001: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2022
Very true...They'd rather drive the judiciary and the country by extension to the ground than give way for a competent person to assume leadership especially if he/she (the successor) is not a jihadic muslim!
joyandfaith:

He has been sick since 2020. If this news is true, it means they waited for Odili to retire before allowing him to resign.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by uniquelyspecial(m): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2022
Parachoko:
Is Tinubu Nigeria President?
I'm not even sure this one got it
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Benmob: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2022
Think9ja:
That someone is set to resign doesn't mean he has resigned. (That is if it's true)

Coming from AriseTV, I will take this news with every bit of scepticism.
AriseTV are known for breaking fake news only to then retract it.

This is the reason why Channels TV will keep on winning multiple awards over their counterparts.

Let's wait and see
because they don't fear any japp from d government like other tv channels ,too u dey like spreading fake news. D same channels that a whole Seun Okinbaloye I respect so much in politics today was afraid to ask Malami dip question,like if he was novice in d his job he have been doing for many years
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by PROPEACE: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2022
Think9ja:
That someone is set to resign doesn't mean he has resigned. (That is if it's true)

This is the reason why Channels TV will keep on winning multiple awards over their counterparts.

Let's wait and see
Now that it has been confirmed, do you not feel ashamed of yourself?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by maestroferddi: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2022
Think9ja:

Let's wait and see
What do you say to the trash you wrote up there now that the news has been confirmed?

You think all news platforms must be like TVC, Tinubu Views Channel and Channels who are often biased towards APC...

Arise TV has overtaken all of them.

Know objective reportage and know peace...

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Benmob: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2022
Tareq1105:

The same way Anambra State people are living better life abi?
who is last governor of Anambra state na obi abi
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Omooba77: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2022
seunmsg:

Alright.

The worst CJN......
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Omooba77: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2022
maestroferddi:
What do you say to the trash you wrote up there now that the news has been confirmed?

You think all news platforms must be like TVC, Tinubu Views Channel and Channels who are often biased towards APC...

Arise TV has overtaken all of them.

Know objective reportage and know peace...

Most of them have warped thinking, Nigeria can progress those who claim to love 9ja but hate her......
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by slivertongue: 11:23am On Jun 27, 2022
joyandfaith:

He has been sick since 2020. If this news is true, it means they waited for Odili to retire before allowing him to resign.

Yes
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by favor914: 11:28am On Jun 27, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
The man that made that useless man in Imo state governor

He must have made that court pronouncement when his brain was seriously hot and sick
Kai sorry for the future of Nigeria, Ignorance na bad thing even 4 Judges cannot form a quorum in the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:
how far
Na so we see am oooo shocked

He also submitted nominees for Interview to the Supreme Court.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:

Nominees how? You claimed ariwoola has health issues but it is strong tanko that is gone
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Omooba77: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:

Buhari may not pick the next inline based on the past judgment.......
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Djkenny080(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2022
ObiDient is better than sacrifice.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:
Nominees how? You claimed ariwoola has health issues but it is strong tanko that is gone
Someone might feel well today and feel sick tomorrow and vice versa. Moreover, his resignation is not unconnected with the fact that he has lost the confidence of the other Judges.

Nominees of those that will replace the retired and/or dead Justices of the SC. They will be interviewed and screened.

1. Hon. Justice Moore A. Abraham Adumein, JCA (Bayelsa)
2. Hon. Justice Biobele A. Georgewill, JCA (Rivers)
3. Hon. Justice Frederick O. Oho, JCA (Delta)
4. Hon. Dr. Justice Abimbola O. Obaseki-Adejumo, JCA (Edo)
5. Hon. Justice Ebiowei Tobi, JCA (Delta)

(This one is for SS)

One of these persons will replace the late Oseji.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Think9ja(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2022
Honchoslim16:

You and my Pman like Channels TV.. Wetin una dey see for that station?

I no like them. In fact I hate them.
Na AriseTV I like pass channels but e Don reach 3xs weh AriseTV break story then later retract am.

I'm happy this one has been confirmed
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2022
Omooba77:
Buhari may not pick the next inline based on the past judgment.......
He has no reason not to pick Ariwoola.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Omooba77: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:
He has no reason not to pick Ariwoola.

Let's wait and see......
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Samunique(m): 11:48am On Jun 27, 2022
Ibkhaleel01:
Show me just one single muslim that sucks blood or else consider yourself as a blatant foolish liar..But i can show you a million of your people that kill, butcher and suck the blood of people ....

I am ready to disgrace you here and expose you for legal action to be taken....you wil regret joining issues with me
You should go and bury your head in shame for defending the indefensible !

BTW, is your name a lunatic blood sucking jihadist ?

Why is it paining you and why are you taking it personal ?

Am i not entitled to my own opinion

Did I direct my previous post to you ?

Is nairaland your family forum that you're now threatening me, are you this shameless ?

Pls for the last time stay off my mention !!! undecided
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:
Someone might feel well today and feel sick tomorrow and vice versa. Moreover, his resignation is not unconnected with the fact that he has lost the confidence of the other Judges.

Nominees of those that will replace the retired and/or dead Justices of the SC. They will be interviewed and screened.

1. Hon. Justice Moore A. Abraham Adumein, JCA (Bayelsa)
2. Hon. Justice Biobele A. Georgewill, JCA (Rivers)
3. Hon. Justice Frederick O. Oho, JCA (Delta)
4. Hon. Dr. Justice Abimbola O. Obaseki-Adejumo, JCA (Edo)
5. Hon. Justice Ebiowei Tobi, JCA (Delta)

(This one is for SS)

One of these persons will replace the late Oseji.

I think he waited till odili resigned.I dont like adumein.oho should get it.obaseki too has connections
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2022
Omooba77:

Let's wait and see......
What will he say Ariwoola did to him? If it's Jonathan or maybe it's an Odili.....I would have said maybe OK.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Recovers N55bn From Oil Swap Deal / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC / NLC Protest Ongoing In Beere Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.