Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria (22185 Views)

How Tanko Muhammad Was "Forced" To Resign As CJN / Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad / US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2022
Omooba77:

Buhari may not pick the next inline based on the past judgment.......

He does not have a choice
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:
I think he waited till odili resigned.
Gbam, I am not happy with Tanko.

I dont like adumein.oho should get it.obaseki too has connections
Oho......No way. Let it go to Biobele or Adumein.

Moore Aseimo Abraham ADUMEIN, JCA
DoB: 06/05/1964
State of Origin: Bayelsa
Bar Enrolment: 1985
High Court Judge: High Court of Bayelsa State ( )
Appeal Court Judge: 16/07/2010
Date due Retirement: 06/05/2034

Biobele Abraham GEORGEWILL, JCA
DoB: 15/05/1965
State of Origin: Rivers
Bar Enrolment: 14/12/1989
High Court Judge: High Court of Rivers State (22/04/2002)
Appeal Court Judge: 24/03/2014
Date due Retirement: 15/05/2035

Frederick Oziakpono OHO, JCA
DoB: September 1965?
State of Origin: Delta
Bar Enrolment: 1985
High Court Judge: High Court of Delta State (04/08/1997)
Date due Retirement:

Abimbola Osarugue OBASEKI-ADEJUMO, JCA (f)
DoB: ?
State of Origin: Edo
Bar Enrolment:
High Court Judge: Federal High Court
Date due Retirement:

Ebiowei TOBI, JCA
DoB: 26/05/1962
State of Origin: Delta
Bar Enrolment: 1986
High Court Judge: High Court of Delta State (2003)
Appeal Court Judge: 22/06/2018
Date due Retirement: 26/05/2032
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:
Gbam, I am not happy with Tanko.

Oho......No way. Let it go to Biobele or Adumein.

You are not from ss so allow us decide for ourselves.oho has years plus he has handled the toughest of cases.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:

You are not from ss so allow us decide for ourselves.oho has years plus he has handled the toughest of cases.
Will you allow us to decide if it were from SE?

Let it go to the Rivers axis....... Biobele or Adumein.

Obaseki-Adejumo won't get it because the SE list has like 6 women already. No other has done 10 years there......Adumein please.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by sulaak(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
Why are the majority of politicians and government officials in North Fulani?

Fulani makes up less than 4% of Nigeria's population, and the Hausa almost 28% but you rarely hear of a government official, politician or emir that is Hausa.
If the Fulani were White we will be calling out Racism or Apartheid, the reason why there is so much poverty across Nigeria is due to the suppression of the right of the majority population in Northern Nigeria.

Justice Tanko is a Fulani, born on 31 December 1953 at Doguwa - Giade, a local government area in Bauchi State, Northern Nigeria.

Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was born on 21 October 1956 in Kwankwaso, a village located at Madobi, to a Sunni Muslim Fulani family. His father was the village head of Kwankwaso with the title of Sarkin Fulani, Dagacin Kwankwaso; he was promoted to the District Head of Madobi with the title of Majidadin Kano, Hakimin Madobi by the Kano Emirate Council of Emir Ado Bayero CFR, LLD, JP.[6]

Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:
Will you allow us to decide if it were from SE?

Let it go to the Rivers axis....... Biobele or Adumein.

Obaseki-Adejumo won't get it because the SE list has like 6 women already. No other has done 10 years there......Adumein please.

I have not seen the list from other zones
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:

I have not seen the list from other zones
1. Hon. Justice Jummai Sankey, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Stephen Jonah Adah, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Sa’idu Tanko Hussain, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Ridwan M. Abdullahi, JCA
5. Hon. Justice Mohammed Baba Idris, JCA

1. Hon. Justice Ali Abubakar Babandi Gumel, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Tani Yusuf Hassan, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Mohammed Lawal Shuaibu, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Jamilu Y. Tukur. JCA
5. Hon. Justice Balkisu Bello Aliyu, JCA

1. Hon. Justice Uzoamaka I. Ndukwe-Anyanwu, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Chidiebere N. Uwa, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Theresa N. Orji-Abadua, JCA
5. Hon. Justice Obande F. Ogbuinya, JCA
6. Hon. Justice Uchechukwu Onyemenam, JCA
7. Hon. Justice Onyekachi A. Otisi, JCA
8. Hon. Justice Ugochukwu A. Ogakwu, JCA
9. Hon. Justice Kenneth Ikechukwu Amadi, JCA

1. Hon. Justice Oyebisi F. Omoleye, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Tunde O. Omotoye, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Habeeb A. O. Abiru, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Peter Olabisi Ige, JCA
5. Hon. Justice Joseph Olubunmi Kayode Oyewole, JCA

WHAT THEY HAVE NOW;
NE: (They have 3 presently....will likely need 1 more)
NW: (They have 4 presently but one is going by August)
NC: (They have one presently, will add two more)
SW: (They have 3, they will likely add one)
SE: (They have 1, will add two)
SS: (They have two, will add one)

That is if they want to pack the Court.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:

1. Hon. Justice Jummai Sankey, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Stephen Jonah Adah, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Sa’idu Tanko Hussain, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Ridwan M. Abdullahi, JCA
5. Hon. Justice Mohammed Baba Idris, JCA

1. Hon. Justice Ali Abubakar Babandi Gumel, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Tani Yusuf Hassan, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Mohammed Lawal Shuaibu, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Jamilu Y. Tukur. JCA
5. Hon. Justice Balkisu Bello Aliyu, JCA

1. Hon. Justice Uzoamaka I. Ndukwe-Anyanwu, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Chidiebere N. Uwa, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Theresa N. Orji-Abadua, JCA
5. Hon. Justice Obande F. Ogbuinya, JCA
6. Hon. Justice Uchechukwu Onyemenam, JCA
7. Hon. Justice Onyekachi A. Otisi, JCA
8. Hon. Justice Ugochukwu A. Ogakwu, JCA
9. Hon. Justice Kenneth Ikechukwu Amadi, JCA

1. Hon. Justice Oyebisi F. Omoleye, JCA
2. Hon. Justice Tunde O. Omotoye, JCA
3. Hon. Justice Habeeb A. O. Abiru, JCA
4. Hon. Justice Peter Olabisi Ige, JCA
5. Hon. Justice Joseph Olubunmi Kayode Oyewole, JCA

WHAT THEY HAVE NOW;
NE: (They have 3 presently....will likely need 1 more)
NW: (They have 4 presently but one is going by August)
NC: (They have one presently, will add two more)
SW: (They have 3, they will likely add one)
SE: (They have 1, will add two)
SS: (They have two, will add one)

That is if they want to pack the Court.

Justice hanatu Sankey will get this for nc...for se,I'll leave it for you but I love ogbuinya....
For sw,tinubu's boy Joseph won't miss it.if he does,Peter ige should get it(,is he from ESA oke) or in the spirit of dobale,they might allow omoleye...Joseph rise is meteoric,so fast.if he misses now he won't miss it when ariwoola retires.there's still some confusion about when ariwoola will retire...
Am not familiar with those ne judges.I think buhari will pack the bench now.this is his last chance.its time the law is amended to accommodate more judges,at least 36.buhari might wait till when dattijo retired before approving
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:
Justice hanatu Sankey will get this for nc...for se,I'll leave it for you but I love ogbuinya....
One Abian should be involved, that's my own.

For sw,tinubu's boy Joseph won't miss it.if he does,Peter ige should get it(,is he from ESA oke) or in the spirit of dobale,they might allow omoleye...Joseph rise is meteoric,so fast.if he misses now he won't miss it when Ariwoola retires.there's still some confusion about when ariwoola will retire...
(The SC has locked their portal)
Ariwoola started his educational career in his home town Iseyin at the Local Authority Demonstration School, Oluwole, in the Iseyin Local government of Oyo State between 1959 and 1967.

How old will he be when he started?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/360225-profiles-the-seven-justices-who-will-determine-atikus-fate-at-supreme-court.html

I Am not familiar with those ne judges.I think buhari will pack the bench now.this is his last chance.its time the law is amended to accommodate more judges,at least 36.buhari might wait till when dattijo retired before approving
No NE, those are NW.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by garfield1: 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
fergie001:
One Abian should be involved, that's my own.

(The SC has locked their portal)
Ariwoola started his educational career in his home town Iseyin at the Local Authority Demonstration School, Oluwole, in the Iseyin Local government of Oyo State between 1959 and 1967.

How old will he be when he started?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/360225-profiles-the-seven-justices-who-will-determine-atikus-fate-at-supreme-court.html

No NE, those are NW.

Yes,when I saw gumel I knew it must be jigawa but was confused as nw quota is filled,it has to be ne.
From even his physique,ariwoola should be close to 70.I now know why you are angry with tanko,se has never produced cjn and might not for a while.
For se,ebonyi IMO and Enugu have dominated the apex court.anambra or abia should get it...check when jca Joseph oyewole would retire
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
The man that made that useless man in Imo state governor

He must have made that court pronouncement when his brain was seriously hot and sick

God judgement go follow am soon
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:

Yes,when I saw gumel I knew it must be jigawa but was confused as nw quota is filled,it has to be ne.
From even his physique,ariwoola should be close to 70.I now know why you are angry with tanko,se has never produced cjn and might not for a while.
For se,ebonyi IMO and Enugu have dominated the apex court.anambra or abia should get it...check when jca Joseph oyewole would retire

Forget it.. Fulani is the next cjn
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fergie001: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
garfield1:
They have four now, but Abdu Aboki will leave in August this year, so the NW wouldn't want to be left behind.

I think it is Wikipedia causing the friction and out of the old SC Judges, he is the only one without his age on his profile.

For se,ebonyi IMO and Enugu have dominated the apex court. Anambra or Abia should get it...check when jca Joseph oyewole would retire
Uwa and Otisi are the Abians there but I believe Uwa should get it.

JOK has time (May 13, 1965)
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by RepoMan007: 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2022
Poor pay leaves the judges at the mercy of powerful and corrupt people.
So Buhari the anti corruption man could get that fundamental part right? A big shame.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Set To Resign As Chief Justice Of Nigeria by dragunov: 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
seunmsg:
Who is next to him between Kekere-Ekun and Amina Augie?

Sebi you de Abuja. Take a bike and go ask Tanko himself naaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Recovers N55bn From Oil Swap Deal / Boko Haram Bombed Abuja To Mock Recent Military Victories Against Them – NLC / Poland, Bulgaria, Slovakia Deny Plans To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.