Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) (1127 Views)

"I Started Having Sex With My Daughter Because I'm Not Her Biological Father" / The Biological Mother of President Goodluck Jonathan's Children / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) by tara181(f): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
Hi everyone,

My name is Tara and I'm a 23 year old Law graduate from London, UK. My Father is Nigerian, however I have never met him (only as a baby). I have a feeling he might still be in London and I was hoping someone on this forum might have some tips for seeking out Nigerians in London (i.e. popular Nigerian newspapers, forums or websites I could contact) - or of course (miraculously) that someone might know him?!

I have contemplated setting up an account on one of the Genology websites, however I fear that once I've paid I'll realise they have a lack of information on individuals that weren't born in the UK.

My Dad's name is Abdul Sharif Usuman, however my Mum said he often called himself Frankie Abdul. I have done some research and I think he was Hausa (based on his name). He was also a Law graduate, I think from a University in Kano, Nigeria?! He lived around Brixton, Hackney and Harlesden around 1986 onwards. I was born in 1987. He wasn't a practising Muslim, however his Father was who lived back in Nigeria. His Mum lived in Brixton, and had re-married to a Jamaican man, however unfortunately I don't know her name and because of her re-marrying, she won't have the same surname as my Dad.

Anyway any tips, advice or even success stories would be much appreciated; I hope you can understand how frustrating and upsetting it is to not know half of who you are.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Tara
Re: Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) by 2mch(m): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2011
Did your father name you Tara? As in Omotara? Some Yoruba's have muslim names and if your name is Omotara your father is most likely Yoruba. Now, he definitely knows he has a child but he has not looked back for you. Are you sure he would welcome your presence back in his life? What are you going into this for and what so you expect to get from meeting him? What I am saying is you should not have too many high expectations of this person, or expect instant acceptance. Or was it your mother that prevented his presence in your life? If he is still in London, I am sure you will be able to narrow down your search. But if he is in Nigeria, it may be a bit more difficult. Anything could have happened in 23years. Try your immigration authority for immigration records
Re: Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) by tara181(f): 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2011
Hey!

Nope my Mum named me Tara. I think he was Hausa just because of the name he had, he wanted to name me Sharifa which I believe is also a Hausa name - plus he was from the Northern region of Nigeria? Of course I'm mainly going on speculation here so any corrections are welcome.

Yes, I have thought about that. Him and my Mum did seem to have a bit of a rocky relationship. But he did come to visit when I was first born and my Mum said he never said anything like "do not contact me". Infact he had tried to contact my Mum but she had moved house and the landlord failed to take down a contact number. I don't have any expectations. I know it could go either way. Some of my friends have got in contact with lost parents and have been fully welcomed into the family and now have new brothers and sisters - but I know this might not happen for me. I would just love to meet him or speak to him, I don't require any explanations about what happened - all of that is irrelevant to me and in the past - I would just like to learn more about where I'm from and my culture.

I'm going to look through some of the Marriage/Death records we have here in London in boroughs where he may have lived. He was an illegal immigrant in the sense that he'd outstayed his student visa. My Mum has told me that he was eager to marry her but she knew it wasn't for the right reasons, so there's every chance he might have married another woman. But yes, next I will try the immigration records, that's a good idea. Thank you!
Re: Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) by 2mch(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2011
You can also try looking for information about him through the schools he attended. They should be able to help you with alumni information, or information if he went to further his studies. They may also be able to help with the last known address. This person you are looking for, how old is he? And do you have a picture of him? Any more information your mother can give as to his roots and family back home. Also are you sure of his name and its spelling? Be careful with anyone offerring to look for him for you at a price. NL is a good start. If you have more information, someone may be able to help or may recognize the person you are looking for. Goodluck on your search.
Re: Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) by eddy1977(m): 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
I have no idea how it is done in the uk, but based on what most people do here in the states,i would give you some tips.

go to the immigration service,and ask for his records.he may have become a citizen. go to the hospital where u were born.maybe they have more infos on your biological dad.

bearing in mind that he may be deceased,try to find death records. ask ur mum for more infos about him.his friends,his family.u will be surprised to know that u have alot of relatives who live in england.

please,keeps us posted if u have a breaktrhough.i would like to share your joy.
Re: Girl Searching For Her Nigerian Biological Father, Abdul Usuman (london/nigeria) by shegosay: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
I wish best of luck

(1) (Reply)

Gifted And Talented Children / Laugh Till You Enter Coma: Learn About Nigerian Girl And Their Love Life / Who Owns Your Boobs, Husband Or Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.