Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Does Candidate Or Party Really Matter? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Candidate Or Party Really Matter? (140 Views)

2023 Pitch Debate , Tell Us / Defend Your Candidate or Party / 2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Candidate Or Party Really Matter? by Hightser: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2022
Yes, candidate matters a lot, in fact, party doesn't at all but you see candidates.....

Let me tell you a story, in 1996, Ebonyi state was created alongside other states in Nigeria, we had first and second executive governors who took turns for 8 years each, it was hell, management and survival, when we tried to ask questions, all we got was “ Ebonyi is a poor state”

Some people even went as far as Quoting the federal allocation for ebonyi state and how it isn't enough, meanwhile, in essence, the difference between Ebonyi federal allocation and that of other states usually is not that significant.

In 2015, something miraculous happened, Engr. David umahi became governor of Ebonyi state and there came a massive turn around. When he started building the first flyover, people laughed at him, where on earth will he get the money to complete a flyover, I questioned him unaudibly then.

If you make comparisms, you will know the only Anambra state has known flyover in the whole south east.

As I write this, Dave umahi has completed a total of about 18 flyovers, more than 150 state, federal and local government roads, international market, complexes, new government house, new state medical school, the new Dave university, currently on international airport, international stadium and lots of other numerous projects in every community in ebonyi state.

No indigene of Ebonyi state who is truthful will refute this write up, even as he cross carpeted to APC, his good works still remain, his only crime is aligning with APC AND BUHARI.

The question begs for an answer, what is other governors doing and why ain't they performing like umahi? Especially states like Rivers, Delta, Edo and IMO.
These stares have the power to generate more IGr and create any form of structure they want.
This answers the question on why candidate matters a lot, when primary election started, I so much prayed for Prof. Yemi osibanjo to emerge the flag bearer of APC, he was my choice candidate, people around me felt I was mad for supporting an APC candidate, but within myself, I knew the man is an intellectual and a wise leader, I was saddened when he lost and and it's obvious why, I had to come over to support our brother Peter obi who is the next best candidate.

If we can remove religion and tribe, then we have the prospects to move our country forward.

Have you noticed how your old father or grandfather or any elderly man in your family or vicinity used to behave? They are usually not in touch with 2ist century dynamics, most usually suffer from dementia and lost of memory, that's how it was during the 7 years buhari has been president, Nigeria was on auto pilot and will still be if pa tinubu becomes president.

Get your PVc and vote for a better Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

JESUS IS COMING SOON / APC, Haven Of Vendetta And Injustice - Senatorial Aspirants Quits Party / Tinubu Ignored Me After Stepping Down For Osinbajo – Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.