Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? (28251 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily / How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? / Man Feeding A Fish With Beer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by maasoap(m): 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:
Being the bread winner of the house isn't an easy task in present day Nigeria. Just noticed I spend an average of 40k per week to feed the family of six. Just wondering if things can get any better soon, or even get worse. How are you coping?

I spend more than this weekly, family of 7.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by C505: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
More than I spend on rentage.
Feeding costs one arm and one leg.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
At least 50k
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Americafighter: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
25-30k

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Tokskob2008: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Close to 15k per week and that's on a managing levels.... This government don turn us to excellent managers in the last 8yrs.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Krppkyy: 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Around 1600 per week. Man must not live by bread alone.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
I usually budget ten thousand naira for few food stuffs, that will take like 5 days before it runs out but that wasn't enough. I had decided to increase it to 15k per week now!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by DaddyNimo(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:
Being the bread winner of the house isn't an easy task in present day Nigeria. Just noticed I spend an average of 40k per week to feed the family of six. Just wondering if things can get any better soon, or even get worse. How are you coping?
When you dey fork your wife born pikin reach family of 6 you no know abi Smh

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by 123readygo: 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by chatinent: 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
Omo, e no easy. But I know I am trying. We wey nuclear family bi like extended family. You pay your rents, take take of your immediate family, your siblings and nuclear family in general. You never even put other projects.

So here's what I did:

I got a bigger freezer to store cooked food only due to the frequent visits to the old one. The old freezer then became for water and drinks. I'm sorry, I don't have a thing for fridges...instead, I put few bottles in the freezer fridge compartment.

I buy my food in bulk: beef, chicken, eggs, fish, and turkey (majorly the protein I need...esp Turkey... I don't play with Turkey..even if na only am). I buy rice in bag (or half bags depending on what I can afford then)..but I never buy in cups or paints no matter what. I buy beans in measurements, then I buy garri (I am a local man).

I buy my oil in litres and other foodstuff in bulk. Even if na half litre so far that's what I can afford then. I freeze almost everything I cook cos before now, food wastage was very prevalent in my house and e dey vex me plus the old freezer wasn't that big enough for everything. So we freeze everything.

I don't have a microwave...we use gas to rewarm and eat. I had one microwave then but sold it when sapa nearly killed me. Who is to understand? No one..na me know my condition then.

I buy noodles, spaghetti, tomato paste and macaroni in cartons. I am not a fan of buying those things one one. It's cheating to me.

One day is for soup. We cook three types (it has to be three only ..or even two...any three).

Another day for stew.. I mean big stew. And I am in the kitchen this day.

I'm a good cook. I make work easy for everyone.

If there are other things to be prepared, we do so...and that's it.

We store them in the freezer. And because I work mostly on remote basis, either of my gens must be on and they get frozen.

Buying things in bulk and having a freezer and a big gen saves gas and hypertension.

Forget other appliances like the washing machine, ac, oven etc and all others., for a start...since you have their alternatives (fan, normal gas cylinder etc). Buy only the major ones first...one at a time so you won't breakdown.

With time, you'll see yourself buying others...and you'll see you live an easy life.

Yes, an easy life is achievable..na we just like to suffer for nothing.

Experience 101.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Johel(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:

In a week??...Omo,Na some people salary.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by ThothHermes: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
post=114230099:
For all of us @ : God is our provider.
No exact amount, we just eat anytime we wanna eat!
Go into the Garden/Farm, Kitchen/Fridge, food is everly there.
God has been faithful.
There is always MANNA from heaven provided by Baba God.
God no fit shame his pikins.

The anointing wey all of us @[color=#006600][/color] carry,
No be una @$@^# mate!

No Cap!
Your darling daddy is doing well.
Zombie

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Neddstark: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
All my friends have learnt how to cook this period. Eating out is a luxury.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Danibonk(m): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oh god help me ooo and I plan to marry in January [url][/url] how I go survive

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:

family of six?

your kids? how you take drop six children,....six children for this economy...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by YourFavorite21(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
As a student I spend 10k per week

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by colyx1(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
I nor just know how I dey survive....... But God is faithful. I'm trying not to be depressed lately.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Harmlesspill(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2022
I find solace in this space.... I thought I was a fool for the way I spend every day, but hearing this now proves I'm not. Honestly, the best thing you can do is to leave Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Deborah98(f): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
GeneralPula:
Simple question : How much do you spend weekly on feeds..

Naso Pochotantas turn her own answer to comprehension..

Who cares how you stocking..
You too like vawulence comrade...

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by MiaBeer(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
wordbank:
My brother no be everything eye see mouth dey talk.

I just try to make sure the kids do not feel the pressure, I just stylishly reduced their funtime during weekends, in some cases I do the shopping alone so I don't go beyond limit.

Let’s try this again. How much do you spend on feeding per week? This is how people fail exams.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by sylve11: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
pocohantas:
I don’t spend much once I have managed to stock up food in the house. I spend a lot when I am restocking, after that some thousands here and there.

How am I coping?

I like number 7. cool
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Deborah98(f): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2022
colyx1:
I nor just know how I dey survive....... But God is faithful. I'm trying not to be depressed lately.
Same here. God is really faithful,if I should start calculating how much I spend alone ooooh,as in alone my brother I fit faint. I'll just jejely close my mouth and look up to God. Person never marry e dey like this it's well ooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Ohraykon: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
post=114230099:
For all of us @ : God is our provider.
No exact amount, we just eat anytime we wanna eat!
Go into the Garden/Farm, Kitchen/Fridge, food is everly there.
God has been faithful.
There is always MANNA from heaven provided by Baba God.
God no fit shame his pikins.

The anointing wey all of us @[color=#006600][/color] carry,
No be una @$@^# mate!

No Cap!
help me greet your father buhari the hunger giver

12 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by mosez346(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
grin grin grin grin am tired of these mess, to survive now it takes God grace...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by bigpicture001: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
Leme sit and wait for lies
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by saintegs(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
we spend minimum of 25k weekly, most times we spend more, we are are a family of 4, money no get value again.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
post=114230110:

God help all married women and men in the house.
Na amadioha go help. So finally, no more 30k BMC? Inside life.
D last time we came to ur stand, everywhere was dry and empty. U see your life

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by PaedophileProph: 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
I live alone and spend 20k, despite how I managed .
Not to talk of my weekly stipends to my mom 15k .
Bro it's not easy , that's why I often go emotional when I see fellow youth trying to recycle these problem corrupt leaders that pay them penny .

11 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Vincyman: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Salary of 25k no dey do me 1month as a singlet guy, God Pls help family men In Nigerian

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by TruthinAction: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
ATEAMS:
2k per day 14k per week

Cooking or eating in restaurants?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by queenfav(f): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
I spend about 10k..The key is to buy everything in bulk,then cook in bulk..Have a meal plan too for the kids.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unique Types Of People At A Nigerian Owambe / Gtbank Food And Drinks Festival 2019 / Top Nigerian Foods You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.