Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? (28255 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily / How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? / Man Feeding A Fish With Beer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
phemmyfour:
It will get worse, I buy in bulk, so can't put it in monthly perspective
Good for you
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by securitywatch50: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
I don't expect you to comment on this topic you better hide your face
post=114230099:
For all of us @ : God is our provider.
No exact amount, we just eat anytime we wanna eat!
Go into the Garden/Farm, Kitchen/Fridge, food is everly there.
God has been faithful.
There is always MANNA from heaven provided by Baba God.
God no fit shame his pikins.

The anointing wey all of us @[color=#006600][/color] carry,
No be una @$@^# mate!

No Cap!
lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
quentin06:

You re doing fine.
Thank you my brother. Hope you are doing fine too
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
Allisgud:
bro eat according to ur account balance
In that case those whose account balances are zero won't feed at all for weeks. That doesn't sound good at all.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
descarado:

If you spend 40k in a week for a family if six, then you are not prudent with money at all.

I don't believe you
You don't have to believe me bro. All fingers are not equal.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
godfrey02:

family of six?

your kids? how you take drop six children,....six children for this economy...
Family of six means me and wifey, children and help. Or don't you think I am also part of my family.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2022
DaddyNimo:

When you dey fork your wife born pikin reach family of 6 you no know abi Smh
My wife and myself are also part of the family of six. Do you have a problem understanding simple English?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by faceland: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:

In terms of stocking up and restocking, I just wonder how salaried breadwinners whose pay are not regular manage.

The average person can not depend on salary (not mathematically possible).
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2022
maasoap:

I spend more than this weekly, family of 7.
The Lord is your strength bro.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by DaddyNimo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:

My wife and myself are also part of the family of six. Do you have a problem understanding simple English?
Use the English Feed the 6 of you all....smh
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
Maverick777:

I stuck up once every week(just for me and any lucky guest I allow)
On the average it used to be around 20k-25k and that's solely because I don't eat stale food.
Yesterday, wen I went for my usually weekly re-stock I spent 37k.
a loaf of bread is now N1600.
times are really hard nowadays.
Everything is on the INCREASE!

From the look of things, I fit rule out marriage if symptoms persist!
LoLz. So only you and one more person as the case may be dey consume wetin me and my family dey consume in a whole week. How time changes things. That could have lasted you for a whole month if it was when Naija used to be Naija.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by faceland: 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
Nigerian currency has lost value patapata. These days, N1000 dey die for just breakfast matter. Person never even reason lunch and dinner sef o!

Energy drink N500
A bottle of beer (here in Shari'a North) N500
Go into town about 10 km and come back N500
Pack of the cheapest cigarettes N500
These are things that a few years ago we don't even add them to budget (too insignificant), now they are major expenditure.

N1000 is not money anymore. We are just psychologically assocating it as money based on the past, it has since lost it's value.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
DaddyNimo:

Use the English Feed the 6 of you all....smh
Keep shaking your head while I move on . Jealousy kee you there. Na me say make you no see food chop? You go shake your head until it falls off.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Bluntguy: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
faceland:

The average person can not depend on salary (not mathematically possible).
true bro.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by DaddyNimo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:

Keep shaking your head while I move on . Jealousy kee you there. Na me say make you no see food chop? You go shake your head until it falls off.
If you dey belleful you for no come online come complain....I'm I'm family of 4 and that's the perfect for premium comfort.....you can grow yours to family of 10....strong man....lolzzzzsmh
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by SPAMBOX7: 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
If you feed in the economy 3 Times a day then you really need to go on your knees and thank whatever God you believe in.
Omo for this north the kind things wey I Don see as I paid my sis a visit ehn. These hausas really going through hell. Almajiri grab my hand for mall I thought it's army that grope my hands. Life ain't easy for the folks in the north. South, East and west is heaven compared to what's in this north
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by WudBMother: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Wow! You are good money manager. 40K per week for a family of 6 including 4 children? Please share your weekly shopping list. Maybe we can learn from it.

Bluntguy:
Being the bread winner of the house isn't an easy task in present day Nigeria. Just noticed I spend an average of 40k per week to feed the family of six. Just wondering if things can get any better soon, or even get worse. How are you coping?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bluntguy:

You don't have to believe me bro. All fingers are not equal.
he's right,, it's either that guy is wasteful or lying.
40k can comfortably get u;
Half bag of the finest N/rice (optimum)
1 ctn of spaghetti
2 paints of beans
5ltrs of kings G/oil
2 bottles of red oil
Maggi 1 pck
Salt
Bottle of ground nut
1tr of milk
And 1 paint of garri with sugar

U want to tell me he will finish the above in a week?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Positiveme2020: 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
Not easy at all, I just bought 12.5 kg of gas at 11,250 naira today
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Olam09(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
Positiveme2020:
Not easy at all, I just bought 12.5 kg of gas at 11,250 naira today

I sell at #9,600 800 per kilogram.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by thrillionaire(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
chatinent:
Omo, e no easy. But I know I am trying. We wey nuclear family bi like extended family. You pay your rents, take take of your immediate family, your siblings and nuclear family in general. You never even put other projects.

So here's what I did:

I got a bigger freezer to store cooked food only due to the frequent visits to the old one. The old freezer then became for water and drinks. I'm sorry, I don't have a thing for fridges...instead, I put few bottles in the freezer fridge compartment.

I buy my food in bulk: beef, chicken, eggs, fish, and turkey (majorly the protein I need...esp Turkey... I don't play with Turkey..even if na only am). I buy rice in bag (or half bags depending on what I can afford then)..but I never buy in cups or paints no matter what. I buy beans in measurements, then I buy garri (I am a local man).

I buy my oil in litres and other foodstuff in bulk. Even if na half litre so far that's what I can afford then. I freeze almost everything I cook cos before now, food wastage was very prevalent in my house and e dey vex me plus the old freezer wasn't that big enough for everything. So we freeze everything.

I don't have a microwave...we use gas to rewarm and eat. I had one microwave then but sold it when sapa nearly killed me. Who is to understand? No one..na me know my condition then.

I buy noodles, spaghetti, tomato paste and macaroni in cartons. I am not a fan of buying those things one one. It's cheating to me.

One day is for soup. We cook three types (it has to be three only ..or even two...any three).

Another day for stew.. I mean big stew. And I am in the kitchen this day.

I'm a good cook. I make work easy for everyone.

If there are other things to be prepared, we do so...and that's it.

We store them in the freezer. And because I work mostly on remote basis, either of my gens must be on and they get frozen.

Buying things in bulk and having a freezer and a big gen saves gas and hypertension.

Forget other appliances like the washing machine, ac, oven etc and all others., for a start...since you have their alternatives (fan, normal gas cylinder etc). Buy only the major ones first...one at a time so you won't breakdown.

With time, you'll see yourself buying others...and you'll see you live an easy life.

Yes, an easy life is achievable..na we just like to suffer for nothing.

Experience 101.
Very simple question but you somehow failed to answer how much.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Chris2863(m): 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Am really trying to build muscle these days so have been eating lots of protein recently especially chicken half a kilo daily, let's say like 25k just to build muscle

See how muscular I look while on set of a music video below
and you are still looking like a lizard shocked shocked sad
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by ianq: 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Am really trying to build muscle these days so have been eating lots of protein recently especially chicken half a kilo daily, let's say like 25k just to build muscle

See how muscular I look while on set of a music video below

Good one, dude. I'm looking to follow suit.
Apart from chicken, what other proteins do you consume?
And how do you figure 25k? ie that amount spread over how many days?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by chatinent: 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
Nigerian currency has lost value patapata. These days, N1000 dey die for just breakfast matter. Person never even reason lunch and dinner sef o!

As in eh

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by chatinent: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
Krppkyy:
Around 1600 per week. Man must not live by bread alone.

Abeg wetin you dey eat?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by chatinent: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
Harmlesspill:
I find solace in this space.... I thought I was a fool for the way I spend every day, but hearing this now proves I'm not. Honestly, the best thing you can do is to leave Nigeria.

Same here, chief.

I felt I was extravagant. Just seeing people's comments ran cold shivers down my spine.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by BuhariNaWah: 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
Myde4naija:
wch job?? Òbí serve 2 term has governor he left anambra worse than he met it, Una mumu no too much

SHUT UP!
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by chatinent: 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

the risk of buying in bulk, one fine day i went in a chi store and bought their bag of rice. full bag. i got home and this s**t was simply uneatable. stones and all sorts. a full bag. money enter bush straight angry angry angry

If I buy a bag of stone rice, I may never have peace with the seller. I hate rubbish.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Fembleez1(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
chatinent:

Same here, chief.

I felt I was extravagant. Just seeing people's comments ran cold shivers down my spine.

Good evening sir. Hope you're fine sir?

Please I need your help sir. I sent you a mail through your profile. Are you able to access your mail attached to nairaland?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by duchaB(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
cococandy:
This nonsense AmeriKKKa is not left out o.
Gas is $7 per gallon now and everything has doubled in price

It doesnt mean you are tired of the "nonesense Amerika" cos if you are, you would have considered moving countries back to your Imo, to cultivate your Akpu farm...

Life in the country is fun, very peaceful and cost of living is less...
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Iamdbull: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2022
ianq:

Good one, dude. I'm looking to follow suit.
Apart from chicken, what other proteins do you consume?
And how do you figure 25k? ie that amount spread over how many days?
I usually grind beans to powdered form then use it to make akara, moi moi and gbegiri, it one full paint bucket can't cost pass 3000
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? by Iamdbull: 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

Your song is nice
Thank you very much I really appreciate this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unique Types Of People At A Nigerian Owambe / Gtbank Food And Drinks Festival 2019 / Top Nigerian Foods You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.