Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria (1146 Views)

FRSC Advocates Use Of Bicycles As Alternative Means Of Transport / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means / Picture Of The Latest Mode Of Transportation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria by werepeLeri: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
Before you run your mouth about bicycle use bringing us back to the olden days and how it is for the poor bla bla bla, let me tell you that even the Mayor of London who can afford to have ten cars take him to work daily, with outriders etc, rides the bicycle to work. Half of my IT workmates in London ride bicycles to work - of course they can afford a car or cars.

Now, back in time, the bicycle used to be a common site around cities in Nigeria - i remember we used to rent for an hour or so to ride around town - but these days, you cant even see one, except in the rural places. The bike is cheap to maintain and its use helps in exercising the body- why is this not so around cities in Nigeria with the perennial hold up and traffic jams?
Re: Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria by Osama10(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
How can you compare uk to naija , unless you've signed your will already, its not safe at all.
Re: Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria by werepeLeri: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
What mentality? Mentality that bikes are cheaper means of transportation? You make me laugh. Wetin Zebra crossing get to do with bike riding? I thought zebra crossing is where pedestrians cross the road, not where bicycles ride?
Re: Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria by Osama10(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2011
The use of bicycles on Nigerian roads is like a death sentence.

(1) (Reply)

Car Servicing Checklist / What Might Have Cause This Fire / Help: I Don't See When I Driveway Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.