Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Everything Pasta - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Everything Pasta (18047 Views)

Quick Pasta Meal Recipe For Students / How To Make Homemade Pasta (step By Step) / How To Prevent Pasta From Sticking (cooking Tip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2011
Welcome, fans of pasta and those who are indifferent to it.
Pasta is one of my specialities in the kitchen and I'd like to exchange recipes with and get new recipes from those who are also into pasta, and give recipes to those willing to try new recipes.

In here, we'll be dealing with all kinds of pasta - Spaghetti, penne, fusilli, Ravioli, Gnocchi, Tagliatelle etc- and various soups/sauces that can go with [each kind of] pasta. We'll also be looking at how to make different kinds of pasta.

Let's get started!

Are you hungry, but have nothing but pasta and tomatoes at home, or just too lazy to prepare anything 'complicated'? Well, here's what to add and how to add 'em in order to have a delicious plate of pasta ready in just few minutes.

Spaghetti with tomatoes and basil

Tomato sauce and basil
Heat oil in a pan/pot and sauté garlic or sliced onion until soft, but not browned.
Add 2-3 already washed basil leaves and after about 30-40 seconds,
Add tomato sauce or sliced tomatoes.
Add maggi and allow to cook for 10 minutes

While that is going on, prepare your spaghetti
How to properly prepare spaghetti
Bring water to a rolling boil,  add salt [Note: Adding salt before water boils may gradually destroy your pot so it's advisable to add salt when water begins to boil] and then add your spaghetti and allow to cook for about 6-7 minutes.
Taste to make sure it's al dente [ not too soft/done, not raw either], turn off gas, drain spaghetti in a colander and then either add spaghetti to the pot of tomato sauce and mix or serve spaghetti in a plate and then put the sauce on top. Serve hot. You could add cheese.

Enjoy!

[img]http://giamba2016.ilcannocchiale.it/mediamanager/sys.user/165926/spaghetti%20al%20pomodoro.jpg[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by owo2390(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
Looks Yummy!

I can't cook so this is good for me.
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
You want a Nigerianized pasta? Here you go.

Spaghetti with tomatoes and shrimps

Heat oil in a pot and sauté sliced/chopped onions- watch for softness

Defrost [if frozen] your shrimps and then add. You may also add basil if you wish, for the aroma.

allow to fry for about 2 minutes

Now, add your already sliced tomatoes, pepper and maggi

Reduce heat to medium and allow to cook for about 10 minutes before adding your already cooked spaghetti.

Mix thoroughly and serve.

Note : Instead of Shrimps, you could use bacon. It goes well too.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2011
owo2390:

Looks Yummy!

I can't cook so this is good for me.
More simple recipes coming, watch this page. cheesy
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2011
Spaghetti carbonara

Ingredients:

Eggs [ 1 per person]
Grated cheese
Bacon
Oil
Ground black pepper - optional

Procedure
Prepare spaghetti. Immediately you put spaghetti into boiling water,
Heat little quantity of oil [say, 2-3 tablespoon] in a pan and add your sliced/chopped onion and allow to sauté, watch for softness.
Add diced bacon
Reduce heat to the lowest so bacon and onions do not get burnt.
Whisk egg(s) in a plate and add grated cheese to egg(s) and whisk together.

When Spaghetti is ready, drain and put into the pan containing bacon

Increase heat to medium and stir. Leave for about 30-40 seconds, then turn off heat or reduce heat to lowest.

Empty the egg mixed with cheese into the pan containing pasta and mix thoroughly. Turn off heat immediately and serve.
One of my fav.  kiss  kiss

Enjoy!

[img]http://85.94.205.191/intavola.tv/BlogPost/596x373_306849_Ricetta-Spaghetti-alla-carbonara.jpg[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2011
Spaghetti al pesto- For the likes of Owo2390 cheesy

Ingredients
Pesto
Spaghetti
Water

Procedure
Prepare spaghetti
Meanwhile, put 2 or 3 teaspoon [ desired quantity] of already made pesto in a plate and add a tablespoon or 2 of water [that of the spaghetti being cooked] and mix.
When spaghetti is ready, drain and add to pesto.
Mix, sprinkle grated cheese on it and enjoy.

[img]http://recipes.myblog.it/media/01/01/205025210.jpg[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by Bawss1(m): 11:31am On Jul 25, 2011
Lovely lovely lovely

I will be following this thread closely, we are after all talking about one of my favorite meals. cool

Pastafarians Unite!
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2011
Another simple recipe.
On that cold evening, when you're too lazy to prepare anything 'complicated', Ravioli in broth comes to mind.

Ravioli in broth

Ingredients
Ravioli
Broth
Salt

Procedure

Bring broth to a rolling boil[ the broth should already contain maggi and salt] and then add ravioli
After 3-4 minutes when ravioli is ready, turn off heat and serve hot with broth. Sprinkle grated cheese and/or parsley if desired.

[img]http://ricette.giallozafferano.it/images/ricette/11/1153/preview.jpg
[/img]

[img]http://www.scattidigusto.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/SG-piola-Assari-brodo-piatto.jpg

[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2011
If you do not have broth, here's another method.

Ingredients
Tomato
maggi
salt
ravioli
water
onion

Procedure
Bring a desired quantity of water [not too much though] containing 1-2 teaspoon of tomato sauce [this is mainly to color the water], maggi, salt and chopped onions to a rolling boil and then add ravioli.
After 2-3 minutes when ravioli is ready, Turn off heat and serve hot. Sprinkle with grated cheese or parsley if desired.

[img]http://www.veganblog.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ravioli-42.jpg
[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
You want it without broth? Here you go!

Ingredients
Sage
Ravioli
Water
Butter/Veg. oil

Procedure
Bring water to a rolling boil, add salt and then ravioli
Heat [low heat] 2-3 tablespoon of oil or a not so large cut of butter in a pan and add 2-3 leaves of sage.
When ravioli is ready, drain and serve in a plate, pour the content of the pan [oil/liquified butter and sage] on top, sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy!

[img]http://agnolotto.files./2009/03/agnolotti3.jpg?w=300&h=288
[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_VzCnInoVVY4/TNmr7OJ3j-I/AAAAAAAAAmU/n1FmY9rqV94/s400/ravioli3.JPG
[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2011
Penne alla vodka
Wow your guests with this. Simple but  kiss kiss

Ingredients
Penne
Crushed tomatoes/tomato sauce
Onion
Maggi
Salt
Water
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons of vodka

How to properly cook penne
Bring water to a rolling boil, add salt and penne, stir imediately to make sure pasta doesn't stick to the pot.
Cook for 8-10 minutes, taste to make sure it's al dente and then drain

While preparing penne

Heat oil in a skillet and sauté chopped onions wacth for softness and then add defrost shrimps, grated black pepper and 2 tablespoon of vodka.

After 1-2 minutes, add 2-4 teaspoons of tomato sauce, maggi and simmer for 5-10 minute while you constantly add water from your penne to may sure the sauce doesn't dry up.

Reduce heat to the lowest and add heavy cream, if the sauce is too 'thick', add little water to make a little bit light, stir thoroughly until melted and well blended. Turn off heat

Drain pasta and transfer to the pan containing sauce and mix. Serve and sprinkle on the plate of penne, parsley.

Enjoy!

[img]http://images.wikia.com/lactosefreerecipes/images/d/d5/Penne_alla_vodka.jpg
[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_RJvsBYoNZMU/S6u1ZID3-7I/AAAAAAAABMc/qWc1CulMku4/s400/24+MARZO+2010+002.jpg[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2011
Linguini with clam sauce

Olive oil
Chopped Garlic
Cherrystone Clams shelled and chopped with juices reserved
Linguini
Chopped parsley

Procedure
Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
Add garlic, sauté until lightly browned.
Add Clams with their juices, allow to boil and then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and then, linguini.
Cook uncovered over high heat until Al dente.
Drain pasta, put back in pot add some of the sauce to the pot and mix it up.
Serve pasta, spoon remaining sauce on top and garnish with chopped parsley.

Enjoy!

[img]http://1.bp..com/-L-ZTIbMHcoU/Thr7rgDyGgI/AAAAAAAAABw/7D_ifclpeHM/s1600/linguine_clams_4564.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.shelikespurple.com/.a/6a00d8341c77ee53ef0147e21aac53970b-800wi[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by firestar(f): 5:24am On Aug 02, 2011
embarassed cry
Its cruel to prepare food this early.
Re: Everything Pasta by lonard: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2011
All recipes are yummy and great!
I am going to try one of them, Thanks for sharing, I am one of crazy pastas fan! Hope you will share here more,
Re: Everything Pasta by EkoIle1: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2011
Lovely pictures, Eko Ile. I'd love to try the first.
Re: Everything Pasta by paris10: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Lovely pictures, Eko Ile. I'd love to try the first.

Hey Missy B, just left you a message on the Rihanna topic. Kinda wanna us to talk.
Re: Everything Pasta by amblors(m): 2:13am On Aug 05, 2011
i'll give the nigerianized one a try.
Re: Everything Pasta by PeterLee12(m): 7:52am On Aug 05, 2011
I never try Nigerian food. this looks delicious. love to try once.
Re: Everything Pasta by Bawss1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2011
Delicious looking dishes I say.
Re: Everything Pasta by nk(f): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
yummy!!!
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
i'll give the nigerianized one a try.
Give us feedback.  wink
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
Pasta with Peas

Ingredients
frozen fresh peas
Olive oil
Chopped onion
1/4 cup of marinara sauce
[Datali] pasta

Procedure
Bring a small pot of water to a boil, drop frozen peas in water and cook until just under done.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large sauté pan over Medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until soft.
Add the marinara sauce and the peas with 1/4 cup of the water in which you cooked the peas. Season with salt & pepper to taste and cook for 15 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, cook pasta [al dente].
Drain pasta, put back in pot add some of the sauce to the pot and mix it up. Dish out pasta spooning remaining sauce over top.

Enjoy!

Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2011
Fettuccine Alfredo
Ingredients
Fettuccine or penne
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
4 Tablespoons of butter
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggianno cheese
Freshly grated nutmeg
Salt
Freshly grated ground black pepper
Fresh parsley chopped

Procedure
Cook the fettuccine in boiling water until al dente. [Around 10 minutes]
In a sauce pan large enough to hold all the pasta, melt the butter on low heat.
Stir in the cream until slightly bubbly.
Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and place it in the cream mixture stirring to coat.
Slowly add the cheese until the mixture is light, creamy and melted through.

Place the fettuccine alfredo in a serving bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve with extra cheese, if desired.  kiss  kiss

[img]http://1.bp..com/_5xbLgg72CBs/TJAvImXcjLI/AAAAAAAAIJo/3SYHoOk_XMA/s1600/fettuccine+alfredo.png[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by melmbaso: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2011
A REALLY SIMPLE SPAGHETTI DISH, RECIPE IS TO MAKE A LARGE POT

2 PACKS OF SPAGHETTI
1 CAN OF CORNED BEEF
SWEETCORN AND MIXED VEG
CHILIES ACCORDING TO TASTE (I USUALLY USE 4-5 SCOTCH BONNET CHILIES)
SEASONING ACCORDING TO TASTE AND PREFERANCE
2-3 CANS OF TOMATOES
RED PEPPER ACCORDING TO YOUR TASTE AND PREFERANCE
2 ONIONS
STOCK (MAYBE FROM PREVIOUSLY COOKED MEAT OR YOU CAN MAKE UP ABOUT A PINT OF STOCK WITH HOT WATER AND STOCK/MAGGI CUBES)

METHOD,
BLEND CHILIES AND PEPPER AND TOMATOES INTO A FINE BLEND FRY CHOPPED ONIONE IN HOT OIL WITH SOME SPICES AND ADD TOMATO CHILI BLEND TO HOT OIL AND FRY TO REMOVE ALL WATER FROM THE TOMATOES AND IT TURNS INTO TOMATO PUREE ( NI PERSONALLY DONT REMOVE ALLLL WATER JUST MOST OF IT ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES OF FRYING IS ALL I DO)
HALF COOK THE SPAGHETTI IN WATER AND RINSE OFF ALL THE STARCH IN COLD WATER DONT WANT STICKY FOOD!!
PLACE THE WASHED SPAGHETTI IN A LARGE POT, ADD MASHED UP CORNED BEEF SO IT BLENDS VERY NICELY WITH ALL THE SPAGHETTI AND ADD THE FRIED TOMATOES ALL OF YOUR VEGETABLE (ESPECIALLY IF THEIR FROZEN YOU GOT TO ADD THEM NOW BUT IF THEIR FRESH OR UNFROZEN THEN U CAN ADD THEM HALF WAY AS THEY WILL BE OVERCOOKED) ADD ALL OF YOUR SPICES AND SEASONING TO TASTE YOU CAN ADD MORE AS YOU GO ALONG AND THEN ADD STOCK AND COVER AND COOK TILL IT HAS ALL TURNED INTO DELICIOUS HOT SPAGHETTI (ABOUT 20 MINUTES)

ITS THE SAME METHOD AS COOKING JOLLOF RICE BUT WITH A TWIST ALL THE CORNED BEEF HAS INFUSED WITH THE SPAGHETTI IT REALLY IS DELICIOUS AND CHEAP TO MAKE TOO,

WILL ADD A PICTURE NEXT TIME I COOK IT
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2011
I made chicken alfredo with baby asparagus not too long ago. I can submit my recipe as well:

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
• 6 tablespoons butter, divided
• 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 1 pound fettuccini pasta
• 1 onion, diced
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3 cups milk
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
• 8 ounces shredded Romano cheese
• fresh spinach

USE A LARGE SKILLET
1. Combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and Italian seasoning over medium heat. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion and 2 tablespoons garlic until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan, Romano, and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture and spinach. Serve over cooked fettuccini.

As for the asparagus, I just cleaned them and steamed them for a few minutes lol.

It's supposed to serve about 8, but I beg to differ. It makes a lot of food! Yummy food smiley

Re: Everything Pasta by Pweety4me(f): 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2011
^^Hmm when u go cook am 4 me?
Re: Everything Pasta by seusco(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2011
Well now i guess we can vote for the best noodles in Nigeria in 2011 at http://www.nfiawards.com . it's fun!

Other categories you can vote for include: Best Fast food outlet of the Year, Best Fruit Juice of the Year, Best Food Seasoning of the Year, Best Beverage Drink of the Year, Best Packaged Water of the Year, Best Malt Drink of the Year, Best Alcoholic Drink of the Year, Best Soft Drink of the Year, Best Beef Sausage Roll of the Year, Best Milk of the Year, Food Industry State of the Year, Food Industry Bank of the Year

Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 2:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
melmbaso:

A REALLY SIMPLE SPAGHETTI DISH,  RECIPE IS TO MAKE A LARGE POT

2 PACKS OF SPAGHETTI
1 CAN OF CORNED BEEF
SWEETCORN AND MIXED VEG
CHILIES ACCORDING TO TASTE (I USUALLY USE 4-5 SCOTCH BONNET CHILIES)
SEASONING ACCORDING TO TASTE AND PREFERANCE
2-3 CANS OF TOMATOES
RED PEPPER ACCORDING TO YOUR TASTE AND PREFERANCE
2 ONIONS
STOCK (MAYBE FROM PREVIOUSLY COOKED MEAT OR YOU CAN MAKE UP ABOUT A PINT OF STOCK WITH HOT WATER AND STOCK/MAGGI CUBES)

METHOD,
BLEND CHILIES AND PEPPER AND TOMATOES INTO A FINE BLEND FRY CHOPPED ONIONE IN HOT OIL WITH SOME SPICES AND ADD TOMATO CHILI BLEND TO HOT OIL AND FRY TO REMOVE ALL WATER FROM THE TOMATOES AND IT TURNS INTO TOMATO PUREE ( NI PERSONALLY DONT REMOVE ALLLL WATER JUST MOST OF IT ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES OF FRYING IS ALL I DO)
HALF COOK THE SPAGHETTI IN WATER AND RINSE OFF ALL THE STARCH IN COLD WATER DONT WANT STICKY FOOD!!
PLACE THE WASHED SPAGHETTI IN A LARGE POT, ADD MASHED UP CORNED BEEF SO IT BLENDS VERY NICELY WITH ALL THE SPAGHETTI AND ADD THE FRIED TOMATOES ALL OF YOUR VEGETABLE (ESPECIALLY IF THEIR FROZEN YOU GOT TO ADD THEM NOW BUT IF THEIR FRESH OR UNFROZEN THEN U CAN ADD THEM HALF WAY AS THEY WILL BE OVERCOOKED) ADD ALL OF YOUR SPICES AND SEASONING TO TASTE YOU CAN ADD MORE AS YOU GO ALONG AND THEN ADD STOCK AND COVER AND COOK TILL IT HAS ALL TURNED INTO DELICIOUS HOT SPAGHETTI (ABOUT 20 MINUTES)

ITS THE SAME METHOD AS COOKING JOLLOF RICE BUT WITH A TWIST  ALL THE CORNED BEEF HAS INFUSED WITH THE SPAGHETTI IT REALLY IS DELICIOUS AND CHEAP TO MAKE TOO, 

WILL ADD A PICTURE NEXT TIME I COOK IT
I think I'll like this. Pasta with sweetcorn is new to me. . . .  there's nothing bad in trying new stuff though, thanks.

ogugua88:

I made chicken alfredo with baby asparagus not too long ago. I can submit my recipe as well:

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken bosom halves - cut into cubes
• 6 tablespoons butter, divided
• 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 1 pound fettuccini pasta
• 1 onion, diced
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3 cups milk
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
• 8 ounces shredded Romano cheese
• fresh spinach

USE A LARGE SKILLET
1. Combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and Italian seasoning over medium heat. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion and 2 tablespoons garlic until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan, Romano, and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture and spinach. Serve over cooked fettuccini.

As for the asparagus, I just cleaned them and steamed them for a few minutes lol.

It's supposed to serve about 8, but I beg to differ. It makes a lot of food! Yummy food smiley

My dad likes asparagus, he could like this. BTW, the taste remains intact even without garlic, right?
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2011
Pweety4me:
^^Hmm when u go cook am 4 me?

Give me money. Make I run go market lol.

Missy ★ B:
My dad likes asparagus, he could like this. BTW, the taste remains intact even without garlic, right?

Yeah, I love asparagus. I love spinach as well. I always have one or the other lol. I haven't tried it without the garlic. Even with the addition, the taste is not overpowering, so I assume it will be just as good without smiley
Re: Everything Pasta by harakiri(m): 2:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
You cannot oppress me. I will soon start uploading cooking sessions on NL. I have had it with you!!!!
grin grin cheesy

Great pasta pix though. Very inspiring!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please What Is Tomato And Guava Called In Yoruba Language? / Ooni Of Ife Hails Hilda Baci For Breaking Guinness World Record / Picture Of My Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.