Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Everything Pasta - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Everything Pasta (18042 Views)

Quick Pasta Meal Recipe For Students / How To Make Homemade Pasta (step By Step) / How To Prevent Pasta From Sticking (cooking Tip) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2011
This one looks yummy and seems quite easy to prepare.

Pasta with pan fried sardines & asparagus

Ingredients:

200 grams spagetti
6 gutted and cleaned whole sardines
10 cherry tomatoes diced
A bunch of asparagus
2 cloves of garlic minced
A touch of lemon juice
Olive oil

Directions:

Coated gutted & cleaned sardines in seasonsed flour (salt & pepper)
Add pasta to a boiling pot of salted water. Remember to reserve at least 1/2 cup of pasta water for use later
Par boil the asparagus for 5 secs, drain and set aside
Sweat garlic & tomatoes in a pan
Add pasta & asparagus to the garlic and tomato sauce. Add pasta water and mix through
Season & serve with drizzle of good olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice

Enjoy!

Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2011
Whaoooh, have you tried that one yet?

The only time I eat sardines is in stew or with eggs lol.
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2011
Nah, I haven't.

Sardine with eggs? I'd ask for recipe but that would be derailing the thread.  sad
Re: Everything Pasta by armyofone(m): 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
i have a juicy/delicious secret recipe for pasta and co cheesy.
Missy any idea how to market it?
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
armyofone:

i have a juicy/delicious secret recipe for pasta and co  cheesy.
Missy any idea how to market it?

On NL right? Biko, post the pasta recipes here, sharp sharp.
Potential buyers will troop in here, in their thousands, looking for Hauwa.  grin
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 15, 2011
Missy ★ B:
Nah, I haven't.

Sardine with eggs? I'd ask for recipe but that would be derailing the thread.  sad

Lol.

Sardine and eggs:
-eggs
-milk
-butter/margarine/oil
-1 can of sardines
-pepper (either ground black pepper or you can chop small pepper)
-small salt for taste

Scramble eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. You can add butter or margarine to grease the pan. I use a very small amount of palm oil considering the sardines are packed with oil. Heat a skillet. Add oil/butter/margarine to the grease (use about medium heat so that the eggs don't cook too much initially). Add the eggs to the skillet. Before moving the eggs, add the can of sardines. With a spatula, break up the sardine and evenly distribute in eggs. Raise the stove to medium high. Cook until done.

That's all from the top of my head. I have no recipe with measurements as it's something I copied straight from mum lol. Here's a picture (this one has diced tomatoes and chopped habanero and onions):

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg735/scaled.php?tn=0&server=735&filename=2cer.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

And now to get the thread back on track grin

Pizza Casserole:
1lb mild Italian pork sausage
2cups water
1can (15 oz) pizza sauce
1can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with sweet onion, undrained
4cups uncooked rotini pasta (10 oz)
1can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 1/2cups shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese blend (6 oz)

In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, mix water, pizza sauce and tomatoes. Stir in cooked sausage, uncooked pasta and olives (pasta should be completely covered with sauce). Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°F. Stir casserole; cover with foil and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover baking dish; stir mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

I can see myself preparing this on weekends and baking sometime during the busy week.

Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2011
Thanks for the recipe for sardine with eggs, very easy and fast too. Looking at the photo , I'm soooo hungry already. I'll be home in an hour so, and this is sooo going to be my lunch.  kiss Await photo.  cheesy

I haven't tried Pizza Casserole.
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2011
It was fast and yummy, thanks babes. I was so hungry after seeing the photo, I couldn't wait to take off my clothes before going into the kitchen.  grin

[img]http://reshade.com/resize/constrain/image-51056290-640x480[/img]

To get the thread back on track,  grin here, I decided to eat with indomie noodles [at least, indomie counts as pasta]  tongue

[img]http://reshade.com/resize/constrain/image-51056294-640x480[/img]

[img]http://reshade.com/resize/constrain/image-51056296-640x480[/img]

Yes, get your fork, I prepared for 2.  wink
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 17, 2011
Lol, you're more than welcome. I saw that picture while I was at school. I got hungry instantly lol. I'm glad the instructions were easy enough to follow.

You'll laugh. I haven't eaten indomie like that. I'll try it at some point lol.
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2011
After random searching, I finally found a picture of the shrimp scampi dinner I made a while ago lol.

Shrimp Scampi:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
1/2 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons brandy

(I skipped on the brandy as I didn't have any lol. It didn't taste like it needed it anyway)

Directions
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, saute dredged shrimp in olive oil for 5 minutes over high heat. Toss shrimp often to prevent burning. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a serving dish, leaving the oil in the pan.
3. In the same pan, saute the garlic, shallot, parsley and oregano over medium heat for 3 minutes; stirring constantly. Spoon the mixture over the shrimp. Return pan to the heat. Preheat your broiler for medium heat.
4. Pour the wine and brandy into the skillet and ignite with a match or lighter. When the flames die down, stir to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet; pour over shrimp.
5. Place the serving dish of shrimp in a preheated broiler for about 2 minutes.

(I didn't do the fancy flambé or lighting of the wine/brandy either. After spooning the sauce over the shrimp, I spooned everything into the pan, heated, and started serving the shrimp and sauce on top of angel hair pasta).

Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2011
I have missed this thread a lot. Looking forward to being less busy so I can give it the attention it deserves.  cheesy

The Shrimp Scampi looks yummy, Ogugua. smiley
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^ Whoa just saw this. That's okay Missy. Just hope you're alright smiley

I made a skillet lasagna not too long ago. It wasn't something I cared for too much, and I couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until after the lasagna was finished that I remembered the recipe didn't call for pepper. For that reason, the food was funny tasting to me lol. I always add pepper, be it black pepper, red hot pepper flakes, or cayenne lol. My sisters completely loved it though (they LOVE cheese), so I'll go ahead and post it.

INGREDIENTS
1lb. lean ground beef
1/2cup chopped onion (1 medium)
2garlic cloves, minced
6oz. (3 cups) uncooked mini lasagna noodles (mafalda)
1(26 to 28-oz.) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1(12-oz.) container low-fat cottage cheese
1(8-oz.) pkg. 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4cup sliced green onions
1tablespoon dried parsley flakes
4oz. (1 cup) shredded Italian cheese blend

DIRECTIONS
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add uncooked noodles, pasta sauce and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 15 to 17 minutes or until noodles are of desired doneness and liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions and parsley flakes; mix well. Spoon cottage cheese mixture evenly over cooked beef and noodle mixture. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend. Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Uncover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

This was their picture:

Here's my end result lol:

Maybe they threw some of their cheese away. I followed the recipe precisely and the cheese was overwhelming to me. The kids gobbled it all.
Re: Everything Pasta by AmakaG29(f): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
Love love love

Tortellini with salmon, spinach, and baby tomatoes in a light pesto sauce
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2011

I love the look.
I also love the abundant cheese in yours. . . . .See me licking my pc screen.  grin tongue
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 9:33am On Oct 20, 2011
Amaka G29:

Love love love

Tortellini with salmon, spinach, and baby tomatoes in a light pesto sauce
Want to give us the recipe? smiley
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
Missy ★ B:
I love the look.
I also love the abundant cheese in yours. . . . .See me licking my pc screen.  grin tongue

Lol! You would've loved it then smiley
Re: Everything Pasta by Bawss1(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2011
bump
Re: Everything Pasta by Walterras: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
Pasta is my favorite dish. I love to eat pasta. Pasta contain the very high quantity of carbohydrates. Pasta is best for those people who want to gain the weight of the body.
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2011
Oguguaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, are we going to allow this thread diesad C'mon, bring all your recipes. wink
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 11:33am On Nov 03, 2011
Ingredients
Salt
4 plum tomatoes
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 whole dried chili pepper
1 garlic clove, gently smashed and peeled
3/4 pound cockles, scrubbed well
3/4 pound mussels, scrubbed well and beards removed if attached
8 small littleneck clams, scrubbed well
1/2 pound whole red mullet, cleaned and filleted
5 fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 pound spaghetti
1/2 pound cleaned squid, bodies cut into 1/2-inch rings
4 large shrimp, unpeeled

Instructions
Heat oven to 475°. Put 4 large sheets of aluminum foil on a clean work surface. Form an edge, about 1 1/2 inches high, on all sides of foil sheets.

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Drop tomatoes into water and boil 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, remove tomatoes from water; reserve water. Peel, seed and roughly chop tomatoes.

Heat oil in a large wide saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chili and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add cockles, mussels, clams and mullet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil and parsley; cook for 5 minutes more. Remove pan from heat; remove and discard chili pepper, garlic and basil leaves.

Return water to boil, add spaghetti and cook just until very al dente. Reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid, drain pasta. Immediately add pasta, cooking liquid, squid and shrimp to pan with fish, stir together and cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Divide pasta and sauce among foil sheets; fold foil over pasta, crimping edges to make four sealed pouches. Place pouches on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Transfer pouches to plates and open at the table.

[img]http://www.ilgamberofiumicino.it/var/plain_site/storage/images/il-nostro-menu/primi/spaghetti-al-cartoccio/282-2-ita-IT/Spaghetti-al-cartoccio_gallery_full.jpg[/img]
Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
Missy ★ B:
Oguguaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, are we going to allow this thread diesad C'mon, bring all your recipes. wink

No o! Lol that pasta looks yummmmmmmmm. I haven't tried seafood like that though. I'll muster up courage one day.

Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups milk
8 ounces American cheese, cubed
8 ounces processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), cubed
1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook until not quite done, about 6 minutes. Drain.
In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Blend in the flour, mustard powder, and pepper until smooth. Slowly stir in the milk, beating out any lumps. Add the American and processed cheeses, and stir constantly until the sauce is thick and smooth.
Drain noodles, and stir them into the cheese sauce. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
Cover the dish, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until sauce is thick and bubbly.

This would go well with greens and fried chicken tongue lol
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2011
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Ingredients:
Elements (5 portions):

1 pound – fresh fettuccine pasta

1/4 pound – pancetta

1 tablespoon – extra virgin essential olive oil

1 cup – heavy whipping cream

1 cup mozzarella dairy product

Whitened pepper to taste

2 tbsps – fresh Italian parsley

Preparation

Inside a large pot, boil several quarts of water and add the fettuccine. It will just take a couple of minutes to prepare if you work with fresh noodles. Meanwhile, fry the pancetta inside a pan before body fat is translucent.

Pour the pancetta onto a paper towel and permit the oil to empty. Pour off any oil residing in the pan and add the butter and cream. Melt the butter on the medium to medium low flame until it’s melted.

Make certain the cream and butter are mixed well. Add the parmesan and mix before sauce is well combined. Pour the sauce within the fettuccine together with the pancetta, Italian parsley, and pepper and mix completely.

Make sure to serve immediately once you have mixed it. Bon appetit!

Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 28, 2011
Whoa, that picture. *mouth is watering*
Re: Everything Pasta by MissyB3(f): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2011
Ogugua, good to have you back. More recipes, thanks. grin

Stuffed Pasta Shells
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
4 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
½ cup fresh basil (chopped)
1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
¾ cup cucumber (peeled and chopped)
1 cup cooked chicken (chopped)
3 ounces hard salami (chopped)
1/3 cup roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing

Procedure:
Step 1: Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.
Step 2: Place lettuce, basil, tomatoes, cucumber, chicken and salami in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette dressing over the salad mixture and toss to coat.
Step 3: Stuff each shell with the salad mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
(Makes about 20-25 shells)

Enjoy! undecided

Re: Everything Pasta by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
Missy_B: Ogugua, good to have you back. More recipes, thanks. grin

Stuffed Pasta Shells
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
4 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
½ cup fresh basil (chopped)
1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
¾ cup cucumber (peeled and chopped)
1 cup cooked chicken (chopped)
3 ounces hard salami (chopped)
1/3 cup roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing

Procedure:
Step 1: Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.
Step 2: Place lettuce, basil, tomatoes, cucumber, chicken and salami in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette dressing over the salad mixture and toss to coat.
Step 3: Stuff each shell with the salad mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
(Makes about 20-25 shells)

Enjoy! undecided

I've literally been stalking the food section, this looks beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please What Is Tomato And Guava Called In Yoruba Language? / Ooni Of Ife Hails Hilda Baci For Breaking Guinness World Record / Picture Of My Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.