Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,056 members, 7,956,945 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) (62125 Views)

Owl Meat / We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures} / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Joeyfizzo: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Do u have maggi and salt And peppersoup spice?
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
edward1106:

It's the same me and u in abroad shooting videos that we watch in NatGeo wild and you have a chance to save a rare bird and you consider the person strange. Common man! Animals don't know really how to speak and even when you want to render them help, they are still scared and will try to attack you. But you just have to take the stress out of them by calming them. This I did while back in secondary school for an owl that fell from a big mango trees.. Owls are such beautiful creature and I just like the way their neck or head turns.

You are strange. How many Nigerians care about catching a bird to feed it? Especially a "big lonely" one? Let alone owls necks?

Anyway, it's a beautiful creature. I don't know why they don't just leave it alone to fly off when it wants to. With the way they're disturbing it, it's probably been hurt or killed by now.

It's an owl, though. It needs fresh meat. Not milk. You have a good heart.

What happened to the owl you found?
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by osazsky(m): 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
edward1106:

It's the same me and u in abroad shooting videos that we watch in NatGeo wild and you have a chance to save a rare bird and you consider the person strange. Common man! Animals don't know really how to speak and even when you want to render them help, they are still scared and will try to attack you. But you just have to take the stress out of them by calming them. This I did while back in secondary school for an owl that fell from a big mango trees.. Owls are such beautiful creature and I just like the way their neck or head turns.
I hope u know poor chicken and goat can not speak either or u understand those ones language but u nor understand monitor lizard and snake own funny man
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
Why not monetise it by sending it to nearest market? undecided
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dpharisee:
Could be injury sustained during a fight with another bird, hitting a glass window or illness or old age.
It can recover on its own or you can help it by taking it to a wild sanctuary (if na abroad) as Nigeria never take care of human being not to talk of wild animal.
LOL.. This line got me laughing grin

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by hupo: 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
MonkeyMods:
See compound where Tinubu urchins live

And he doesn't have shame to send photos of it
The kind of people we argue with here on a daily

You should have added 'graphics' compound

Nniooorrrr
Kai, you be elenu
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Moneyboyz: 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
Let me guess, moments after this picture was taken, the Owl was stoned to death by some religion fanatic's who thought it to be a witch.

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by mikesword: 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
Edo first class Flight
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by naturefellow(m): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
That's a barn owl. It must be sick. Please, don't hurt it.
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by diggindeep: 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Chijeep:
I really felt sorry for it but I can't touch it because I'm scared of it claws and probably it's also a wild bird.
Nobody dared go near because all of us are afraid of it.
Everybody was just snapping it from afar... lol
Some said it doesn't see in the day time and I think they're right as it closed it eyes and never opened till someone threw small stone at it and it ran into that corner behind.

Some call it as good luck as it could mean bringing wisdom into your life and giving you insights into a situation you are facing or revealing a deceptive person's intention. It is a common superstition belief in many countries to associate owls with wisdom, wealth, death, or healing

2 Likes

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by fotadmowmend(m): 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
Village people come visit u ....
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by luminouz(m): 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
edward1106:

Nice input.

Talking from experience
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by emmi14: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
Creamypie:
owls are nucturnal birds . They see Only, and are only active at nights, and rest during the day with very little or no vision at all, though a few species see colourless images during the day and thus, fly only on emergency purposes. This one missed it's way. Leave it. Ind night, it will fly off to it's destination. It's among the type that has very partial daytime vision, but full and complete night vision.

Very realistic and practical. God bless you.I

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
kennybabs1980:
Village people

Familiar spirit/monitoring spirit
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by kingyakos: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Direct from village
Are u from Edo or Ekiti
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by KingLarry04: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Your village people paid you a visit
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Camfoodsinhouse(f): 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
fineboynl:
.. should have killed it. By now it might have take off.

Owl are bad omens and spiritual bird. All over the world they have bad evil stories of an owl. Which some claim it's wisdom for it quietness.
Exactly what they sent to kill my Dad�
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Rockyfancino(m): 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Chijeep:
Lalasticlala only love snake. As we're speaking now he's been hospitalized due to snake bite because he went to the bush to pick snails last night grin
Has the owl taken off?

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Omoslim26: 11:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
Benjaniblinks:
How beta meat go dey waste like this

If them give you owl you go chop shocked

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Benjaniblinks:
How beta meat go dey waste like this
na everything be meat for ya side?

Carnnibal like you....
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by edward1106(m): 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
osazsky:
I hope u know poor chicken and goat can not speak either or u understand those ones language but u nor understand monitor lizard and snake own funny man
Once had an encounter with owl, not strange to me. Seriously, u will admire the bird. Forget this witchcraft stuff. But as for the snake or reptile u mention, seriously ask yourself, do they take CARE OF THEIR YOUNGS WHILE GROWING UP? That's where the answer lies.
IF you understand that question, then you understand why it is easier to bond with chicken, goat, owl but not snakes .... Not saying you can't totally bond...
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by 43Ronin: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
Abeg free the bird
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by manmade(m): 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bad omen ! go and Consult the elders oo
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Perfectbeing(m): 12:03am On Jun 29, 2022
kennethfranc:
I hate killing animals but you see this ugly creature and cats, I kill them for fun.
What's wrong with cats? Cats are cuter than dogs. You better start uprooting some mentality that has been sown in your head since you were little.
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Slynation(m): 12:05am On Jun 29, 2022
Na person grandmother's be that oO...grin
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by kennethfranc(m): 12:12am On Jun 29, 2022
Perfectbeing:
What's wrong with cats? Cats are cuter than dogs. You better start uprooting some mentality that has been sown in your head since you were little.
The latter might be correct but the former is not so true. Dogs are actually more cute compared to cat
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Ayobeck(m): 12:23am On Jun 29, 2022
The owl wan register for his PVC because of obi
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by yemmywesey(m): 12:24am On Jun 29, 2022
He want you to batified her.
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by thesicilian: 12:26am On Jun 29, 2022
MonkeyMods:
See compound where Tinubu urchins live

And he doesn't have shame to send photos of it
The kind of people we argue with here on a daily

You should have added 'graphics' compound

Nniooorrrr
Don't be surprised if they start narrating how they have lived abroad for over 20yrs, or how their 'lexus ' develop one fault and they bought another one, etc. Not knowing this is the kind of place they even live.

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by ojonugba2014(m): 12:35am On Jun 29, 2022
I don't know your tribe, but it's a bad omen in my tribe, good luck.

Season greetings from your Village people
Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by Amarisco(f): 12:41am On Jun 29, 2022
Dpharisee:
Could be injury sustained during a fight with another bird, hitting a glass window or illness or old age.
It can recover on its own or you can help it by taking it to a wildlife sanctuary (if na abroad) as Nigeria never even take care of human being not to talk of wild animal.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I was not expecting that last line

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Brought This Lonely Big Owl Into Our Compound?(pictures) by funshint(m): 1:17am On Jun 29, 2022
Keep and give it food jare...so adorable!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Eats Rat Soup Delicacy (Photos) / You Can Only Buy 2 Packs Of Juice - SPAR Supermarket Tells Customers (photo) / Oh My! See The Cockroach Cake Someone Got For Her Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.