Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why I Chose To Be A Graphic Designer - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why I Chose To Be A Graphic Designer (458 Views)

Bamaiyi Art: Why I Painted Tinubu, Peter Obi And Atiku / Rate My First Work As A Graphic Designer (Photos) / Why I Chose My Creative Designs To White Collar!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Chose To Be A Graphic Designer by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 28, 2022
Oh, I still remember my childhood days, I loved drawing and painting! I would take a pencil and draw any image that caught my attention. I drew from books and magazines but mostly school textbooks because they had colourful pictures. I also painted. I started with using water colour to paint then I started using poster colour, at some point I wanted to be an artist! Yeah.
I also thank God for the kind of parents I have, while other children were dreaming of being doctors and lawyers, they had this kid who was so enthusiastic about drawing, painting and design. Of course I was such a type of kid. I started doodling long before I discovered that it was an art and a skill that people engaged in professionally.

As time went on, I grew! Yes I did. I grew up and discovered somethings which I'm about to share with You.

• I discovered that "manual" artists were not being rewarded so much. By "manual" artists I mean people who use their hands to draw and paint. The people who made money from the skill were mostly those very very good at it and I felt the skill wasn't in high demand

• Hand drawing and hand painting were gradually fading away due to technology. Yeah one day I asked myself, what's the point of stressing myself drawing and painting when an app can do the same for me?

I knew I had the passion but the world had moved past that, I didn't want to be left behind so one day I asked myself, why don't I venture into digital design? Wow! Nice idea, I finally found a way to maintain relevance in my generation.
My journey of how I became a smartphone graphics designer is a story for another day.

But before I conclude this post I'll love to let you know some of the things I enjoy about being a smartphone graphics designer and then I'll show you some samples of my work.

• Graphic Design gives me a platform to express creativity and ingenuity.
• Graphic Design opens my mind up to several ways something can be done, thereby boosting my critical thinking ability.
• Designing gives me an opportunity to convey messages, communicate effectively and disseminate information.
• Designing often boosts my creativity.
• Designing keeps me meaningfully BUSY, Yeah, as a young person there are different stuff that could take your time but won't profit you anything designing is one of those [mthings that you could keep you positively engaged.
• I admire arts and design. When I stumble upon some great piece of art, I could spend long hours just admiring it and I'm happy to be a designer

I could go on and on! These are the very reasons I chose to be a graphic designer and I don't regret it.
Re: Why I Chose To Be A Graphic Designer by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 28, 2022
Check out this sample

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Use Of Canva To Earn Thousands Of Dollars On Fiverr(with Proof) / Please Help Me Win This Online Art Contest. / 3k Logo For First 10 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.