Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Who Else Experiences Hypnopompic Hallucinations?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Else Experiences Hypnopompic Hallucinations?? (244 Views)

What Is The Greatest Lie You Ever Told Or Someone Told You? Share Experiences / Have You Ever Been Caricatured On Nairaland Before? Share Your Experiences. / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Experiences Hypnopompic Hallucinations?? by FrauleinBlossom(f): 9:01am On Jun 28, 2022
Hynopompic or hypnagogic hallucinations as it is termed, usually occur during sleep state, either at the point of sleeping or at the point of waking up.When you experience these hallucinations, you see, hear, or feel things that aren't actually there.

In my case, I experience mine at the point of waking up, usually at the wee hours of the night. Mine is usually auditory.

I start hearing sounds, noises, voices all sorts of things, they sound very real like car horn blaring loudly, people chatting/discussing, radio transmissions, television noises, airplane, the normal hustle and bustle sounds from everyday life. I am very conscious of myself when I'm in that state, it's not like a dream at all.. but As soon as I open my eyes, I am back to the silence of my room, I close them, I immediately return to the noises, sometimes I hear people discussing in a foreign language, sometimes in a language that I understand but can't really make anything of what they are talking about, sometimes there's a baby crying somewhere, or a voice from the radio delivering the latest news... I snap in and out of this state momentarily at will just by opening and closing my eyes, until I decide I've heard enough and consciously will myself to fall asleep again.
I also usually have another type of experience where my consciousness wakes up before my body, No! I don't see demons or anybody trying to choke me to death... I just wake up, aware that my body is still asleep... and in that state, sometimes I hear cricket sounds, water splashing, and other kinds of noises that I can't explain, and my eyes are open but I don't see my room, I see twilight, almost darkness, to get out of that state, what I do is to try to move any part of my body.. as soon as I do that , my body awakes in 'real' life, I don't need to shout 'Jesus'. In all these experiences, i feel more of curiosity than fear. in one of those occasions where my consciousness woke up before my body,I felt my spirit/soul levitating upwards out of my body accompanied with this loud screeching sound in my head.. Fear gripped me and I immediately aborted the mission.. and soon after, I willed myself to sleep again.

Has anyone or does anyone have similar experiences like mine? Care to share?

Re: Who Else Experiences Hypnopompic Hallucinations?? by Kosoco(m): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2022
Visit a psychiatry ASAP.... They can diagnos what's wrong.
Re: Who Else Experiences Hypnopompic Hallucinations?? by FrauleinBlossom(f): 9:32am On Jun 28, 2022
Kosoco:
Visit a psychiatry ASAP.... They can diagnos what's wrong.
There's nothing wrong with my Psyche sir.
Re: Who Else Experiences Hypnopompic Hallucinations?? by Kosoco(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2022
FrauleinBlossom:

There's nothing wrong with my Psyche sir.
Okay bro.... Visiting there for evaluation is no big deal. I mean a real establishment. Hearing things that aren't there is not normal... Hallucination is not normal too.. except you on some kinda medications... there are some drugs that those your experience may be the adverse effect or contraindications

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy - Jagele / Fuel In Abuja Is Now Officially 185/L. How Your Area? / Man Recounts How His Dog Saved His Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.