Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:35 PM

Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic (16415 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) / Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by EkoIle1: 6:18am On Jul 26, 2011
The fact is, these pastors main argument is that no matter what, always put everything in the hands of God and that God reigns supreme over evil and God will always protect you regardless. Abi is this not why people go to them for salvation and also what they tell their followers?

So why is he not living everything in the hands of God, but instead taking the law into his own hands God or no God?
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by stagger: 7:15am On Jul 26, 2011
honeric01:

Can you prove this?

Genesis 14:1 NIV84

Abram Rescues Lot

At this time Amraphel king of Shinar,[m] Arioch king of Ellasar, Kedorlaomer king of Elam and Tidal king of Goiim 2went to war against Bera king of Sodom, Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, Shemeber king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela (that is, Zoar). 3All these latter kings joined forces in the Valley of Siddim (the Salt Sea[n]). 4For twelve years they had been subject to Kedorlaomer, but in the thirteenth year they rebelled.
5In the fourteenth year, Kedorlaomer and the kings allied with him went out and defeated the Rephaites in Ashteroth Karnaim, the Zuzites in Ham, the Emites in Shaveh Kiriathaim 6and the Horites in the hill country of Seir, as far as El Paran near the desert. 7Then they turned back and went to En Mishpat (that is, Kadesh), and they conquered the whole territory of the Amalekites, as well as the Amorites who were living in Hazazon Tamar.
8Then the king of Sodom, the king of Gomorrah, the king of Admah, the king of Zeboiim and the king of Bela (that is, Zoar) marched out and drew up their battle lines in the Valley of Siddim 9against Kedorlaomer king of Elam, Tidal king of Goiim, Amraphel king of Shinar and Arioch king of Ellasar–four kings against five. 10Now the Valley of Siddim was full of tar pits, and when the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, some of the men fell into them and the rest fled to the hills. 11The four kings seized all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah and all their food; then they went away. 12They also carried off Abram’s nephew Lot and his possessions, since he was living in Sodom.
13One who had escaped came and reported this to Abram the Hebrew. Now Abram was living near the great trees of Mamre the Amorite, a brother[o] of Eshcol and Aner, all of whom were allied with Abram. 14When Abram heard that his relative had been taken captive, he called out the 318 trained men born in his household and went in pursuit as far as Dan. 15During the night Abram divided his men to attack them and he routed them, pursuing them as far as Hobah, north of Damascus. 16He recovered all the goods and brought back his relative Lot and his possessions, together with the women and the other people.

My friend, I also read my bible and do not spend my whole time trading forex! You should do the same too.

cold:

Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition. After all the Holy book don talk am;'Heaven help those who help themselves'. You trust in God but yet you lock your doors to keep your neighbours honest so in this case even though I am one of Adeboye's strongest critics based on the way he has/is fleecing his congregation I think agree with the security thingy.

There is no where in the bible it says "heaven helps those who help themselves. Try to read bible before you start misquoting please.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 26, 2011
Another of my fave.

kiss

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVT9_ulYv2k?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

What if it was some Islamic cleric and his body guards with similar weapons instead of Adeboye?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

we can be sure orijeasfor will have plenty to say about that
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by coolcash4l(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Nigerians are funny sha. Many of these loudmouths are losing sleep and crying foul over Islamic banking and perceived violence and Islamic takeover, but they are here defending the same potential acts of violence by a religious leader just because he belongs to their faith.

What if it was some Islamic cleric and his body guards with similar weapons instead of Adeboye?
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2011
stagger:

That gun is the TAVOR Assault Rifle-21st century (TAR-21), an Israeli-made weapon used by the Israeli Defense Forces and the official issue rifle for the State Security Services in Nigeria. In these times of the madness of the Bokites, Rev Adeboye has every right to appeal to the President (whom he knows one on one) to provide him with state security to deal with any Boko haram bastards that try to mess around.

How much does the gun cost cuz yorubas need to start building their armoury before 2015. grin
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by laoak2: 8:27am On Jul 26, 2011
Sometime, i wonder if some people here are normal, they make issue out of nothing, you that is complaining about a man of God using protection, dont you protect yourself? see your house door, you have security all over your car, even at your level!!!!!!

You are protecting ordinary Honda Halllaaaa, you are a messager in your office, no one is interested in you, you lock your house door with burglary proof, who is interested in your dead TV or your fake china raido?

Wisdom is the principal thing, you dont expect a man of God that big to allow one stupid, nonentity Boko Idoit to waste his life.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by 1025: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2011
only in Nigeria. how many security guards Jesus had?

@payless,
this goes a long way to show how ignorant you are. when they came to arrest Jesus, someone by name marcus lost his ear to the sword of Peter. are u saying if there were machine gun then, Peter will use sword?
being security conscious in a jungle like nigeria can never be faulted by any sane human being that is if the man cares.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Egwuda33: 8:52am On Jul 26, 2011
i hate nairaland 4 posts lyk dis
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by ektbear: 8:57am On Jul 26, 2011
oyb:

is this not the same adeboye who drove a car on prayer?

so why does  he need armed protection ?

is he not anointed?

is he afraid to meet his maker who he loves so much?

lmao grin grin grin
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by 8686(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2011
A wise man will steer clear of GOD and his prophets,

Some people commenting, with a bal of 1m would not even allow the neighbourhood rest. Some with as litltle as 50k don't give their wife and family peace.  Imagine if we heard the man of GOD was hustled or attacked in the public without aides, these people will be the first to comment that "see how big his ministry is and he's so stingy he can't pay priv8 security
outfits". He ranks among, if not the most humble ministers of GOD 9geria boasts of.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by decogrin(m): 9:04am On Jul 26, 2011
From under which rock did all you anti-adeboye came out from??even shithawks and granny -shaggers like jakumo have the guts to call a man of god like adeboye a launderer,despite not having any proof,may the almighty punish your left nostril
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by islamrules(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2011
Why cant you vampires leave this man of God alone. He has the right to protect himself. So u want boko haram him.

We all need to be using guns in this country.

Nigeria is a live electricity, boiling water now, if you are careless with your life and think God will protect u, u are only deceiving urself. Abeg Papa Adeboye use bullet proof, Dont mind these boko haram vampires
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by islamrules(m): 9:06am On Jul 26, 2011
And if Nigerian pastors are business men. Did they force you to attend ur church ? Why cant u go and setup ur own business too.

Useless set of brainless negros. A white man wont do that
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by redsun(m): 9:14am On Jul 26, 2011
Peter Tosh says-Everybody prays to go to heaven but nobody wants to die,including adeboye.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2011
I laff in Boko haram

I have always said it that If Jesus knew that his death was gonna be worth this kind of money, he would never have ascended into heaven after ressurecting,

Right from the day I saw Oyakhilomes 8 car convoy drive past me with sirens and zig-zagging on the road like they were CBN bullion, that was when I understood that hustle called church. Now pastors have burly and stern looking bodyguards in black suits and dark shades standing guard at the alter while they preach. I thought the weapons of their warfare weren't canal?! What happened to "he would give his angels charge over you"? What about "a thousand by either side" passage?! Christians are just too gullible.

Next level is gonna be metal detectors and scanners at all entrances to the church, manned by Dog and Gun weilding guards. Then at the altar would be sand bag bunkers with "50cal GPMG" trained at the congregation just incase someone should act a fool and the holy ghost is too slow to react.

Pastors are living la vida loca, sipping on Crystal, flying on Lear jets and Gulfstreas, taking yatch cruises, taking their kids abroad to school and live like royalties, whilst their congregation are left in at the mercIes of a fictitional God,

I weep for christians, I weep for Religious fanatics (especially those living in denial)
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by redsun(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2011
Why not just die if u think heaven is better just like d dumb islamist bombers do with hope of fcking some bit ches up there?
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by norrisman: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2011
Okija_juju:

Next level is gonna be metal detectors and scanners at all entrances to the church, manned by Dog and Gun weilding guards. Then at the altar would be sand bag bunkers with "50cal GPMG" trained at the congregation just incase someone should act a fool and the holy ghost is too slow to react.

LWKMD!

Damn funny. I cant stop laughing!
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by dejavu1(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2011
No 1- it is wrong to go to someone's FB page and use information/pix from their pages for mischief because i believe for u 2 have access to them u must be a friend, ( it is called betrayal of trust except the PA's page is for the public, then i stand to be corrected)

No 2- The picture was taken in Jos where there was high level of insecurity, and the way it works a man of Adeboye's popularity would likely enjoy the protection of  the state government especially given the violence in Jos, and that MAY not be a personal guard but as SSS officer LIKELY assigned to him by the state (my ex-boss a media guru had the same provided him by a governor in the North when he went on a visit). Imagine the likely scenario if while at the state he's gunned down, (wisdom is applicable to all things)

No 3- When we pass information on a public forum, please let our conscience be clear that it is not out of prejudice,

1 Like

Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by DaDoctor: 9:35am On Jul 26, 2011
^i cant just say anything about my pastor because i dont see a strong proof^^
^^i am his admirer and also would constructively criticise his excesses like unnescessary ammersion of wealth with little charity to show for it as earlier posted^^

^^as a nigerian, what do u expect from us?the church surely is lossing its essence but not all christians is tending in same direction as many remain firm in the Lord^^

^^My tot is this, MANY WUD COME OUT HERE TO DEFEND ANYTHING EVEN WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE , BUT GOOD IS GOOD AND EVIL IS EVIL, THERE IS A STANDARD SET BY GOD^^

Summarily, the excesses of our pastors are unbecoming these days, BUT IT IS GOD WHO HAS THE FINAL JUDGMENT!!^^

OH GOD SAVE YOUR CHILDREN AS THEY LAVISH IN POVERTY AND THEIR RELIGIOUS LEADER PROSPER !! AMEN
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by olasheed(m): 9:39am On Jul 26, 2011
This dude is obviously a staff of the sss keeping peace in Jos. I've never seen such around him, but be it as it may, He needs more protection in times like this.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by hakanai(m): 9:41am On Jul 26, 2011
Make i laugh grin grin grin grin grin
Not only is Boko haram a treat,He would fit the victim of a kidnapper with the money he sits on.
Another take is churches also get robbed and pastors beaten blue black over offerings in there possession.The likes of Pastor Adeboye with a single hit could make the criminal so rich.So my take is he is likely a Target for armed robbers,Kidnappers and extremist.
Not to talk of political figures.Honestly i think Adeoye may not be so much on the agenda of Boko haram considering his neutral and balance character as a friend to all.While on the other hand religious extremism is definitely an issue. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
So does he require security?I say why not if the treats are real.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by redsun(m): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2011
u don't understand what religion is all about if u do u won't think that a follower of jesus needs armed security.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by islamrules(m): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2011

Yes because of you Boko Haramists. You have burnt churches, killed people in the church. It is now time for churches to be having weapons and fighters. That is where this society is heading. You think u are mocking christians but u are saying the fact.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by redsun(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2011
jesus laid down his life in defence of truth and love.And that is what he expects u socalled christians to do,not money lust
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by Delafruita(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2011
First,i wonder what the fuss is all about.the fact that the pic came from his PA's facebook page is no proof that the armed dude is a personal guard to pastor adeboye who doesnt even appear in the picture.its possible the dude is just a gun buff like a lot of other people and chose to snap d pic.

Secondly,jos at the time was in turmoil which makes it natural for jonah jang to have requested for adequate security for the pastor.

I am choosing to believe that the pastor will not consider such extreme security measures but If by any chance the armed dude happens to be a personal guard to the pastor,anyone who defends such steps must be crazy
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by redsun(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2011
money grabbing and jet throtting,deceiving d gullible and d ignorant that refuse to intuitively learn the truth
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by redsun(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2011
Adeboye's case is d case of d hunter becoming d hunted.He is suppose to be d one that cast evil but he is running from evil
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by redsun(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2011
Because he is no more pure in heart.Money is a god and at the moment he seems to worship two gods.
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by cold(m): 10:13am On Jul 26, 2011
This does not only apply to Adeboye,it is a common sense thing,you do not test the waters with both feet.You do not jump into a lion's lair hoping the Holyspirit would save you.The Holyspirit cannot save you if you choose to be s*tupid.

Then the devil took him into the holy city. He set him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, 'He will give his angels charge concerning you.' and, 'On their hands they will bear you up, so that you don't dash your foot against a stone.'"

Jesus said to him, "Again, it is written, 'You shall not test the Lord, your God.'"

Matthew 4:11
Even Christ knowing fully well he would be saved knew better than indulging  in acts of s*tupidity for the fun of it
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by stagger: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2011
redsun:

Because he is no more pure in heart.Money is a god and at the moment he seems to worship two gods.

You are an cretinised im.becile. Listen to yourself.  angry angry angry
Re: Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic by gogodaye(m): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2011
G.O. just dey practicalize wetin him no want us to do when him dey preach. him heaven done dey for ground for am, bros no fit wait and take chances with the believe say angels for heaven go to take charge of him security. him no want to die oooo,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! / How Long Did Adam & Eve Live In The Garden Of Eden? / Why A Private Jet Is Necessary For General Overseers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.