Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! (16199 Views)

Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by hurricaneChris: 6:46am On Nov 24, 2013
Today is also know as "Day Of Exaltation Of The Cross"

The true meaning of Christ’s kingship,
states the Catechism, “is revealed only when
he is raised high on the cross” (par. 440).
Yet many will reject the King, enthroning
themselves as rulers of their passing lives.
Others, such as Polycarp, give themselves
completely to the King who never does any
injury, but instead delivers us from the
power of darkness and transfers us into his
eternal kingdom.

The two criminals crucified with Christ
personify the two options available to
everyone. Both are sinners; both are able to
look directly upon the King. But one sees
only a fellow criminal—a target for angry,
despairing mockery. Yet the other sees an
innocent man; even more, he sees a King:
“Jesus, remember me when you come into
your kingdom.”

And also, my favorite Psalm is going to be sung today!! (Source from Catholic Online)

Psaml 122

-We shall go up into God's house, with songs of joy, we shall go into the house of the Lord-

I rejoice when I hear them say, let us go into God's house, and now our feet are standing within ur gates Oh Jerusalem....

-enwere m anuri oge mnuru ka ha na-ekwu si; ka anyi je n'ulo Chukwu, n'ulo Chinekeeee, n'ulo Chukwuuu....

77 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by hurricaneChris: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2013
Todays also marks the end to d church calendar! Ordinary time of church has ended. Tomoro will be Advent.

The colours in d church will change to purple.
The Church has entered into a temporary "darkness" until the arrival of Jesus the King on 25dec.

I just love today!
The songs, the procession, the happiness, the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament....wow! The people's joy.
I just love the atmosphere.

I wish my parish (St. Dominic Yaba) could go round Lagos today! Hahaha

37 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by DKJaleel: 7:04am On Nov 24, 2013
those dark days when I was a Catholic Christian...

7 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Smily202(m): 7:50am On Nov 24, 2013
Today na Today. ........Hail the King...

12 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by oubi: 7:54am On Nov 24, 2013
In one word "IDOLATERS"

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Peter262: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2013
boko haram don spoil our day in adamawa state...no processions....no dancing

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Sentempest(f): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2013
Hail CHIRST THE KING! Please oh who kws if my parish st.bernard marian hill calabar wil go arund calabar today! Wud love 2 join the processiôn

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by olorunthobby(f): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2013
undecided
Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Syncan(m): 8:06am On Nov 24, 2013
CHIRST IS KING! He reigns every day and will reign forever. Today We publicly and ceremoniously declare it to the world.

@HurricaneChris, It is not same as exultation of the cross, please edit... or affirm yours.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2013
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee corpus Christi.Remember when I use to join in the flower girls procession. cheesy.Did that 6 Times before my 16th birthday.Good old young days...... cheesy

Remeember how my mom wud dress me on white flowing dress,make my hair,place a veil,light make up,white shoes and socks,then my dad wud give me #10 for ice cream with a fatherly smile grin grin kiss(he always spending money the previous day on my out fit in Balogun market)

And then on the road to the church,people wud ask,"beautiful girl,like an angel, what are you doing today in ur church?","am flower girl in corpus Christi"I wud replyq in my childish English,exposing all my fallen teeth. cheesy

28 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by tintingz(m): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2013
SMH...
Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Etumgbe(m): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2013
DK Jaleel: those dark days when I was a Catholic Christian...
you are a monkey

42 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by TabletMan: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2013
Corpus christi....

Jesus IgweeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeee

23 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2013
tintingz: SMH...
Do me a favour,shake your sense undecided

9 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by bluerange(f): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2013
oubi: In one word "IDOLATERS"
ln two words "DON'T HATE" Now remembering Corpus Christi those years in Enugu at St. Mulumba, New Haven with the Holy Ghost Fathers.

13 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Leadn(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2013

Please am just coming back from church... I don't want to laugh cheesy

LOL.. I know, am also an ex-catholic (very dark days indeed!) every now and then, I'm in church (not to pray, but to sight-see wink yu know catholics have the most beautiful gurls cheesy)

3 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 24, 2013
[quote author=Peter262]boko haram don spoil our day in adamawa state...no processions....no dancing[/que]Sorry. cry
Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Leadn(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2013
Etumgbe: you are a monkey

for saying the truth? #Ok_Bye

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by missuniverse(f): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2013
so u'v found d light now?hahaha,remain in ur darkness but plz dnt attribute t to d universal church but to ur misfortunes...HAIL THE KING JESUS THE CHRIST

39 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by imsuboi(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2013
Proudly Catholic! smiley

48 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Justeenaleo(f): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2013
hurricaneChris: Todays also marks the end to d church calendar! Ordinary time of church has ended. Tomoro will be Advent.

The colours in d church will change to purple.
The Church has entered into a temporary "darkness" until the arrival of Jesus the King on 25dec.

I just love today!
The songs, the procession, the happiness, the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament....wow! The people's joy.
I just love the atmosphere.

I wish my parish (St. Dominic Yaba) could go round Lagos today! Hahaha
Dats my church smiley

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Abduljohn(m): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2013
He rules, let d world tremble. No king reigns like him. 4eva catholic.

12 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by AroOkigbo(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2013
You have seen the light, now you BOMB so as to be rewarded with 72 "farce" pawpaw br.easted virgins. Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by princemolak(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2013
Leadn:

<b>I'm in church (no to pray, but to sight-see wink yu know catholics have the most beautiful gurls cheesy) </b>
Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by diegosticks(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2013
Hail Christ the King, blessed is him that comes in the name of the Lord, Hosana in the highest

11 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Olugbenger(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2013
Etumgbe: you are a monkey
Thank God, I'm not a catholic.
Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2013
YEA...CHRIST THE KING ON POINT NOW.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Donsammi(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2013
same here !! frm CKC kubwa parish! hapi #christDekinqFeast

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by woky: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2013
use ur sense for once naa..

Mango!

6 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by mustaphagreens(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2013
I so much love catholics and catholicism. Those guys(catholics) are so unique! If only other christians could take a cue from them we wouldn't be having the hypocrisy we're seeing in our society anymore. Don't get it twisted, i'm a muslim who's only missing the good old days as a MARIST back in the days as a student. Once a Marist, Always a Marist!! Happy sunday and i wish you guys a blissful christ the king celebration. Peace!
eiyaa...smh for you, naive dude, i think you actually walked out of light into complete darkness and i knw ur present state must be far worse than hell. What a mistake! My candid advice; move to a nearby catholic church, confess ur sins and they shall accept you back and by that light may shine on your soul once more! Adieu

62 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! by Iykecollins(m): 8:27am On Nov 24, 2013
Never wanted to go to church this morning due to my injured ankle, but seeing this thread, I am way motivated....OH Jesus my King I am coming right away to adore you....Off here!

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should Prostitutes & Yahoo Boys Pay Tithes​ From Their Income? / Download Audio: Morning Devotion Worship Songs By Nathaniel Bassey And Sinach / "I Tolerated Abuse For Long" - Anita Oyakhilome Breaks silence on divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.