Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Gas Price Wahala!!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gas Price Wahala!!! (31075 Views)

Cooking Gas Price To Rise Next Week / Reactions Trail ‘Drop’ In Cooking Gas Price / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by merits(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
Iamstickzbaba:
Am i the only one seeing the present gas price in this country as a threat to life? Now more than 70% of lagoscians can hardly fill 2kg. Once the price of this gas gets to #1500, they should just close this country and the last person leaving this country should off the light.

Now parents are avoiding asking their kids what their best food is because once your child just tell you that it's YAM AND EGG, just faint.

What can be done now??
That's the change you people asked for, APC CHANGE meanwhile another change is loading BAT from Iragbiji.

If you can't afford gas go for sawdust in sawmill.it is cheaper.

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Jack005(m): 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You are being alarmist and not putting your education to good use with this lamentation.

In the first place, gas cost has risen astronomically globally since Russia-Ukraine war started. Read up on why it is so.

On your unnecessary dramatics about food, parents still feed their children as no sensible responsible parent will let his or her children go without food because of high gas prices.

For as long as this war continues, gas price will remain high and that is why even Europe has started telling their citizens to cut down on gas usage and switch to alternatives, even EU itself has switched to other energy sources like coal.

If wealthy EU countries can switch to alternatives, that should teach you how to be sensible with your finances too when prices of any commodity is going sky high because of artificial reasons. That is called demand destruction to force price down.

In Nigeria, we can switch to kerosene, coal etc to reduce demand for gas so that those who want to further profiteer from the scarcity can reduce their price.

Sensible parents have since bought stoves and coal pots for now like Europeans in order to wait out this war period and will get back to gas when the price falls.
This is the way out not just lamenting and forming a lamentation group.

Gas itself , due to the deleterious effect of its combustion CO2 emision on our climate, will one day be phased out once we perfect the renewables.

N:B To those 'entitled' ones screaming we have gas in Nigeria, let me remind you that between the gas underground and your kitchen is a lot of billions of USD investments you do not have o and those who made the investment from their hard-earned money can not keep subsidizing your gas consumption endlessly especially when they have willing buyers and international contracts that pay more for this gas in the scarce forex our country currently needs.

Banking on gas subsidy after you enjoy petrol and electricity subsidies that our folks in the villages do not enjoy is an unjust ungodly welfare system you use to kill those poor villagers who are not enjoying your privileges of electricity,petrol subsidies and now gas subsidy but picking your bills and social costs while you feed fat on resources govt could use to give them basic amenities like pipeborne water; clinics, security, schools, standalone solar generators etc.
Their blood is on your hands if you want to extend your subsidy appetite now to advocating for gas subsidy at their expense.

FG must never subsidize gas. Get creative and responsible. Kill this lazy youth with entitlement mentality of yours.

Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
God bless Nigeria for ever.
Trash!!! Nonsense!! Complete jargon and gibberish.. Complete balderdash. A typical buhari Tinubu supporter working for his money.. You are so shameless ..
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by jesmond3945: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
angelfallz:
I disagree with you. Nigeria has gas, in fact, it is said that we have more gas than oil. So the Russia/Ukraine war should not affect the price of gas in Nigeria, since we are not importing gas(maybe we are).
we import.
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Zulu2022: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
Even u.s no buy wetin we de buy gas self

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Itzurboi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
I keep praying ds prayer
" May Buhari never happen to us again"
It should be " May Buhari in any form never happen to us"
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by zuchyblink(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
Spiker777:
Stop being stupid I’m currently in a neighbor Africa Country.12.5kg is still being sold here 6500,which was same price it was last year June.
that poster is a typical zombie
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by dahunsi12(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
Op which light are you talking about, is there light in this country? I have never used NEPA light for 5hours/week since the beginning of 2022. if you think say i dey lie ask people living in Olomo Apete. Ibadan. Oyo state. Nigeria.

Iamstickzbaba:
Am i the only one seeing the present gas price in this country as a threat to life? Now more than 70% of lagoscians can hardly fill 2kg. Once the price of this gas gets to #1500, they should just close this country and the last person leaving this country should off the light.

Now parents are avoiding asking their kids what their best food is because once your child just tell you that it's YAM AND EGG, just faint.

What can be done now??

1 Like

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by SIRTee15: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

all this buhari supporters with nothing upstairs.
Is kerosene cheap, something that's almost 1000 naira per litre.
where do u see coal in nigeria? or u meant charcoal. so we should start cutting down trees to make firewood and charcoal.
see reasoning of an aboki in the 21st century.
The last alternative is abacha stove- using sawdust as the fuel. A viable solution according to this ass licking shameless APshit.

See the audacity to taunt Nigerians on petroleum subsidy. Do u know the cost effect of subsidy removal on other commodities and products? The inflation will sprial out of control and naira will be dancing at almost 1000 per litre.
If dem born una papa well, remove the petrol subsidy. Lekki tollgate protest will be child's play.
You or that subsidywise guy, I no know who dumb pass.

1 Like

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by YeyeGbami: 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2022
Spiker777:
Stop being stupid I’m currently in a neighbor Africa Country.12.5kg is still being sold here 6500,which was same price it was last year June.

The guy just type long senseless epistle
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Dearlord(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You are being alarmist and not putting your education to good use with this lamentation.

In the first place, gas cost has risen astronomically globally since Russia-Ukraine war started. Read up on why it is so.

On your unnecessary dramatics about food, parents still feed their children as no sensible responsible parent will let his or her children go without food because of high gas prices.

For as long as this war continues, gas price will remain high and that is why even Europe has started telling their citizens to cut down on gas usage and switch to alternatives, even EU itself has switched to other energy sources like coal.

If wealthy EU countries can switch to alternatives, that should teach you how to be sensible with your finances too when prices of any commodity is going sky high because of artificial reasons. That is called demand destruction to force price down.

In Nigeria, we can switch to kerosene, coal etc to reduce demand for gas so that those who want to further profiteer from the scarcity can reduce their price.

Sensible parents have since bought stoves and coal pots for now like Europeans in order to wait out this war period and will get back to gas when the price falls.

Gas itself , due to the deleterious effect of its combustion CO2 emision on our climate, will one day be phased out once we perfect the renewables.

N:B To those 'entitled' ones screaming we have gas in Nigeria, let me remind you that between the gas underground and your kitchen is a lot of billions of USD investments you do not have o and those who made the investment from their hard-earned money can not keep subsidizing your gas consumption endlessly especially when they have willing buyers and international contracts that pay more for this gas in the scarce forex our country currently needs.

Banking on gas subsidy after you enjoy petrol and electricity subsidies that our folks in the villages do not enjoy is an unjust ungodly welfare system you use to kill those poor villagers who are not enjoying your privileges of electricity,petrol subsidies and now gas subsidy but picking your bills , environmental and social costs while you feed fat on resources govt could use to give them basic amenities like pipeborne water; clinics, security, schools, standalone solar generators etc.
Their blood is on your hands if you want to extend your subsidy appetite now to advocating for gas subsidy at their expense.

FG must never subsidize gas. Get creative and responsible. Kill this lazy youth with entitlement mentality of yours.

Meanwhile,here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! to download, read and use https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

You are one of the problems of the world.
If I wasn't learned enough I would have given no second thought but to assimilate your deceits
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Enicall1: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
I wonder ooh...i don't remember when last i cooked with gas

1 Like

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by ogelekpomgam(m): 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Banking on gas subsidy after you enjoy petrol and electricity subsidies that our folks in the villages do not enjoy is an unjust ungodly welfare system you use to kill those poor villagers who are not enjoying your privileges of electricity,petrol subsidies and now gas subsidy but picking your bills , environmental and social costs while you feed fat on resources govt could use to give them basic amenities like pipeborne water; clinics, security, schools, standalone solar generators etc.

Oga,you are just talking nonsense, supporting evil government.How much is that kerosene you want to switch to??...How much is an average salary earner in government getting monthly?..how consistent is the payment?.How many people have good jobs?..How many private firm workers salary is fair enough?.
Please, don't support nonsense.This country is heading to Golgotha.Children are looking malnourished daily and you are spewing nonsense.
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by mema900: 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I can bet you have never tried any business before
I can also bet you are currently not making money

All you wrote here are theory and not practical
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by uniquelyspecial(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
I keep praying ds prayer
" May Buhari never happen to us again"
It will happen again oo.
Nigerians never learn. See people still suoporting candidates because of tribal affiliation.

Stop praying and choose your leaders wisely
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by seanwilliam(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
I hail married men on salary

2 Likes

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by manny88ng2000: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2022
Broda you that knows how to put your literacy in good use by writing a full thesis. I thought when problems of this sort is identified, you explore, critique and come up with a feasible solution.

You're even aware that the entire world if frowning at the high rate of carbon emissions and then you proffer that the use of coal be an alternative panacea to our problem.

If your brothers and those people you're sympathizing with didn't put us in such a condition as to completely wade off our refineries, how could Ukraine-Russia war be affecting us? Are we Europeans who depend on Russia for oil? What is Nigeria's place in mineral and petroleum exploration and exploitation? Are we also importing food from Russia? Are you aware that the state of the country is like a mother who gives off the little food meant for her household to quench hunger only to pocket the money for herself.

Until we wake up as youths and think deep into how these greediots called our leaders have milked us, until we realize that there isn't a safe place in the country for us and for our unborn children if we don't do the right thing today, until then, we're still wallowing in shear ignorance.

For your information, 1kg of gas in my area is 1000 naira as at today. A crate of egg is something shameful that I can't even say the price. Yet, minimum wage is even difficult to pay to workers. Economy is at standstill and education is on the halt. Yet your brothers siphon our Nigeria money in billions and trillions.

Please to all common man out there, we no go die. Just do the needful come 2023. Get your PVC and come out and vote. Whether we want Oduduwa kingdom, Biafran Nation or Arewa Nation, come out and vote in the person of your choice. It is when the leader who have same ideology as you do comes to the seat, your choice of music will be danced to.

Anything we have to do, let us converge our focus towards electing someone with clear vision, a young, energetic, healthy and vibrant leader like to turn out ship to the right coarse before it capsizes. Check developed countries and thriving countries like France, Ukraine, China, Japan, even here in Africa, look at Rwanda. An old man with life support has nothing to offer be he's brain dead. A man who is not educated and doesn't understand the econometrics of leadership isn't fit. We don't need people who have criminal cases here and there to lead us.

Shine your eyes ooo.

FreeStuffsNG:

Banking on gas subsidy after you enjoy petrol and electricity subsidies that our folks in the villages do not enjoy is an unjust ungodly welfare system you use to kill those poor villagers who are not enjoying your privileges of electricity,petrol subsidies and now gas subsidy but picking your bills and social costs while you feed fat on resources govt could use to give them basic amenities like pipeborne water; clinics, security, schools, standalone solar generators etc.

1 Like

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by choicesam(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
It is well...we need good leadership. Nigeria is a blessed Country filled with corrupt politicians.

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by mediclife1987(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2022
Serial48:
My gas just finish this morning moya switch to coal
My neighbors didn’t believe it

Owshey Kay Switch featuring Wande Coal...

1 Like

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by stepaside2: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Very very few can assimilate or understand what you posted. Everything you said is spot on. Of course many will disagree because it doesn't address the high gas price. Subsidies on petrol and electricity are wrongly targeted as mentioned, not to talk of adding gas subsidy. People shouting Peter Obi will be shocked because should he win, the first thing he will do is remove fuel subsidy if he wishes to tackle the subsidy corruption and free up money for other useful productive programs like he is touting or how do you thing he will solve ASUU crisis, increase existing workers' salaries, recruit new workers into civil service and armed forces, pay them salaries, fix judiciary, provide subsidized health and education and lots more? It is those who don't understand that all these take money that is scarcely available that will believe everything is easy. I wish us well.

Back to the topic, it is what it is and I cant add a thing more to what you have said.

1 Like

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by lereinter(m): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You know how much they are selling 1 litre of kerosine

Is has imported from Russia or Ukraine

Lpg is gotten from Nigeria there's no reason it should be costly
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Itzurboi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2022
That guy should be thankful nairaland is a faceless forum. If it were to be a physical meeting and he says this nonsense, i laugh.....
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by dullroar: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
I know Nigerians like to blame the Nigerian government — and with good reason — for any national issue that occurs but this problem of gas prices is not a matter of APC this or PDP that, in my own opinion that's just small minded myopic thinking.

Nigeria is currently among the top 10 countries in the world with the cheapest gas prices. So even though the prices are high, government subsidy is still doing a lot for us.

And it's not a matter of how much oil the country has, Saudi Arabia has more oil reserves than Nigeria yet they are not among the top 10 cheapest gas prices.

In the whole world currently there are only about 9 countries with cheaper gas prices than Nigeria. It's bad everywhere not just Nigeria.
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by hermesprogidy(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Foolish fool.
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Naughtysex: 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Its a pity that after your epistle, you didn't make any sense

Wasted education
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by rezzy: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
Itzlinda:

I bought 3k 2400 Naira yesterday.

How much is 1kg in Lagos ?

Depending on area

Between 800 and 1000

My street is 900
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Serial48:
My gas just finish this morning moya switch to coal
My neighbors didn’t believe it
How much be charcoal and how do you plan to deal with the smoke and other wah ala that comes with it
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Draslo(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You're not as intelligent as you're trying to sound. The Europeans suffering gas hikes don't have gas abi have you heard that the price of gas is going up in Russia? If Europe boycotts their gas, it will eventually drive the pricing lower in Russia even while other gas producing countries like us will make a ton of cash. We're sitting on more gas than the entire continent. You don't even have any idea how much kerosene now costs but all high and mighty you thinks people should revert to kerosene stoves because of a war in Eastern Europe. Fuckkkk you man
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by CheapHomes1: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ventura1:
You spoke very well. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality is what brought us here, many don't want to work for what they desire.

What entitlement mentality are you referring to and what are the things many desire which they don't want to work for?

What has all that got to do with price of cooking gas which nigeria is presently wasting away in the Niger delta?
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by VULCAN(m): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
Was this your reaction when Jonathan increased the price of fuel?

Shameless APC rats

FreeStuffsNG:

Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by Tonytonex(m): 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
Spiker777:
Don't mind that one. He claimed to know everything.
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by CheapHomes1: 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

See the way everyone have used you for toilet paper because you chose to sound foolish. Your screenshot said "make progress, not excuses". Pls which progress has this govt made since 2015? Aren't you the one now making excuses for buhari for being irresponsible as far as the welfare on Nigerians is concerned?

In all your so called knowledge, you ended up sounding more ignorant. According to you:

"Gas itself , due to the deleterious effect of its combustion CO2 emision on our climate, will one day be phased out once we perfect the renewables."

The thread is about cooking gas. When did cooking gas start having deleterious effect because of its combustion CO2 emision on our climate? Are you the one going to phase out cooking gas? Is cooking gas not one of the cleanest forms of energy around today?

Folks like you just need to have your brains washed with methylated spirit
Re: Gas Price Wahala!!! by dododawa1: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
07kjb:

You are stup*d
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Support My Father - Tinubu’s Daughter, Folashade Tells Nigerians / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions Roads In Ikwere, Rivers State (Photos) / PDP Shuns Ogun State As Buhari, Atiku Hit Home States To Woo Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.