Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare (3118 Views)

Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) / TGI Group Of Companies Management Trainee Program 2018 / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
This is one of the worst nightmare for any ambitious Nigerian graduate seeking a promising job. The company is owned and managed by Indians. They pay awful salary way below the expected pay for workers across all positions. I mean if Simba pays you 80k, the average Nigerian company would offer 200k for same role and position, that's how worse the company's pay is. To cap it all, when you resume (workers are given offer to begin on the first of the month), you are paid half of your salary at the end of the first month (this is camouflaged in the name of 'our accounting month starts on the 16th'). Why make someone resume on the first of the month, only to pay them half of their salary at the end of same month. Isn't this sheer wickedness? Asides from the fact that you get no dues or allowances on top of the very unusually low pay, when workers finally resign (N.B. at least 10 people resign every month there. You can go confirm this. That's why they keep recruiting day in, day out), they do not get paid salary for the last month they worked for? Can you imagine this? When other companies pay your terminal salaries with other terminal dues and perks. You only get your final salary when you try to put up a fight or have someone who can help you with 'processing'? This is just few from the tens of issues you face as a worker there. From undefined job roles, Zero career growth (growth is based on emotions of the Business Heads), Insults from Superiors (the Indians mostly are not far from curses).

As I type this, I'm yet to get my salary for the last month I worked before resignation.

EDIT:

The system has been designed in such a way that anytime you leave you will always have a portion of unpaid salary left with the company.
You can never outsmart them. Let me explain, remember I mentioned that their calendar runs from 16th of a month to 15th of the next month and you are paid at the end of each month. So, if you decide to leave after the month's payment (which is at the end of the month), you have just been paid for 15 days in the previous month and 15 days of the month you left. Meaning 15 days from the month you left is still unpaid.

Let me give you an example. Say, you join the company on the 1st of January and your monthly take home is 100k. At the end of the month which is 31st of January you will be paid half of your salary, which is 50k. You get 50k on the 31st because they claim that you're only being paid for Jan 1 to Jan 15 ( remember calendar runs from 16th to 15th) i.e. on 31st of January you're supposed to be paid for work of Dec 16 to Jan 15 and since you joined Jan 1, you only get half of the payment. Then by Feb 31st you get full payment which is for work done from Jan 16 to Feb 15. Assume you now decide to leave in April (or any other month) immediately after payment on the 30th of April. This means you have just been paid for the work of March 16 to April 15 and you have just forfeited the pay for April 16 to April 30. The only reasonable way to leave is 15th of the month and you demand a full payment. This is where problem comes in because when you resign and your last day coincided with the 15th, you will have to leave the company unpaid and wait for the month end to get your terminal salary which they usually withhold until you threaten or call incessantly or beg before it can be released.

10 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by izzou(m): 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2022
You don't resign in these kind of firms

Once they pay you, walk away.

Any company that pays peanuts usually pays for it through thefts from workers

31 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by showafrica(m): 1:34am On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:
You don't resign in these kind of firms

Once they pay you, walk away.

Any company that pays peanuts usually pays for it through thefts from workers

I don't understand how he knows these and still following due processes.

9 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by izzou(m): 1:45am On Jun 30, 2022
showafrica:

I tire.

I trust myself. Once I get my alert, bye bye to una.

Nothing go make me stay one day after I see my salary.

Cunny man die,....you know the rest grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Oyindamolah: 2:33am On Jun 30, 2022
*TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.*

*YOUTHS THINK ABOUT THE FOLLOWING. THINK DEEP*; *REASON* :

1. *Abacha's son* won Kano PDP Guber Primaries.
2. *Lamido's son* won Jigawa PDP Guber Ticket.
3. *Elrufai's son** won APC Kaduna North Federal Constituency.
4.*Ajimobi's son* won APC Ticket to contest Oyo Assembly Seat.
5.*Ibori's daughter* won PDP Okpe/Sapele/Uvwie Federal Constituency of Delta State.
6.*Ganduje's son* won APC primary election for House of Representatives Dawakin Tofa, Rimin Gado and Tofa.
7.*Okowa's daughter* won PDP House of Assembly Primaries.
8.*Akala's son* won APC primaries for Ogbomoso Federal Constituency.
9.*Fayose's son* won PDP Ekiti Central Federal Constituency .
10.*Yarima's son* also won....

'The so called leaders' Their Children are now in charge. Those who cleared the way as these kids were been taking to Churches and Mosques for dedication are still serving in one way or the other.

They all deliberately kept ASUU on strike in order to pave way for these children so as that the circle continues easily for their children who studied abroad.
It's a pity for the Nigerian YOUTHS.

If it continues like this, the son of nobody can never be somebody.

Try and build yourself and add value to become somebody tomorrow.

...let's take back our country...

Do something different to get different results...

Vote Candidates that will truly serve and not doling out money for your votes...

*DON'T VOTE FOR CANDIDATES COMING TO CONTINUE STEALING LIKE THEIR FATHERS DID...*

*YOUTHS please be wise*

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Oyindamolah: 3:58am On Jun 30, 2022
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO & Office Manager

Employment Type: Full-time
Salary
N100,000 - N120,000 Monthly.

Application Closing Date
20th July, 2022.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: 247foodsng@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Sexydevil(m): 8:09am On Jun 30, 2022
Alienpicasso:
This is one of the worst nightmare for any Nigerian graduate to work in. The company is owned and managed by Indians. They pay awful salary way below the expected pay for workers across all positions. I mean if Simba pays you 80k, the average Nigerian company would offer 200k for same role and position, that's how worse the company's pay is. To cap it all, when you resume (workers are given offer to begin on the first of the month), you are paid half of your salary at the end of the first month (this is camouflaged in the name of 'our accounting month starts on the 16th'). Why make someone resume on the first of the month, only to pay them half of their salary at the end of same month. Isn't this sheer wickedness? Asides from the fact that you get no dues or allowances on top of the very unusually low pay, when workers finally resign (N.B. at least 10 people resign every month there. You can go confirm this. That's why they keep recruiting times without number), they do not get paid salary for the last month they worked for? Can you imagine this? When other companies pay your terminal salaries with other terminal dues and perks. You only get your final salary when you try to put up a fight or have someone who can help you with 'processing'? This is just few from the tens of issues you face as a worker there. From undefined job roles, Zero career growth (growth is based on emotions of the Business Heads), Insults from Superiors (the Indians mostly are not far from curses).

As I type this, I'm yet to get my salary for the last month I worked before resignation.

Then I dodged a bullet. Thank God I never got employed by them. I remember the interview I had with them in 2018, honestly I could sense the deceit in the eyes of the Indian.
May God deliver our people from modern day slavery.

7 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by oneolajire(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2022
They aren't the only one. Most indian companies in Nigeria are terrible because they have Nigerian collaborators.

6 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 30, 2022
Makers of keke at ogba. Worked there briefly.
They are cheats but once I realised that omo I ducked them up during coro and left. Indians In Nigeria are like mini god. Even spa.

4 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by AgentGoat: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2022
showafrica:

He dey form due process ni.

This is my mode of resignation from wicked places. i collect my last pay and zoom. They call the following day i go answer say i no dey work again go look for another unfornuate Nigerian.
Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by AgentGoat: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2022
Oyindamolah:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO & Office Manager

Employment Type: Full-time
Salary
N100,000 - N120,000 Monthly.

Application Closing Date
20th July, 2022.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: 247foodsng@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

What dfuvk is executive assistant?

2 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by 23jerryking(m): 10:50am On Jun 30, 2022
AgentGoat:

What dfuvk is executive assistant?
This is how you know a scam job option. Look at the funny email address to which you are to send CV.
Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by chilan: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2022
Alienpicasso:
This is one of the worst nightmare for any Nigerian graduate to work in. The company is owned and managed by Indians. They pay awful salary way below the expected pay for workers across all positions. I mean if Simba pays you 80k, the average Nigerian company would offer 200k for same role and position, that's how worse the company's pay is. To cap it all, when you resume (workers are given offer to begin on the first of the month), you are paid half of your salary at the end of the first month (this is camouflaged in the name of 'our accounting month starts on the 16th'). Why make someone resume on the first of the month, only to pay them half of their salary at the end of same month. Isn't this sheer wickedness? Asides from the fact that you get no dues or allowances on top of the very unusually low pay, when workers finally resign (N.B. at least 10 people resign every month there. You can go confirm this. That's why they keep recruiting times without number), they do not get paid salary for the last month they worked for? Can you imagine this? When other companies pay your terminal salaries with other terminal dues and perks. You only get your final salary when you try to put up a fight or have someone who can help you with 'processing'? This is just few from the tens of issues you face as a worker there. From undefined job roles, Zero career growth (growth is based on emotions of the Business Heads), Insults from Superiors (the Indians mostly are not far from curses).

Send a mail to info@excellawchambers.com

1 Like

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by IyaTola: 11:02am On Jun 30, 2022
Iamuk:
Makers of keke at ogba. Worked there briefly.
They are cheats but once I realised that omo I ducked them up during coro and left. Indians In Nigeria are like mini god. Even spa.
Spa is the worst. They sleep with female workers.

1 Like

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
izzou:

I tire.

I trust myself. Once I get my alert, bye bye to una.

Nothing go make me stay one day after I see my salary.

Cunny man die,....you know the rest grin

The system has been designed in such a way that anytime you leave you will always have a portion of unpaid salary left with the company.
You can never outsmart them. Let me explain, remember I mentioned that their calendar runs from 16th of a month to 15th of the next month and you are paid at the end of each month. So, if you decide to leave after the month's payment (which is at the end of the month), you have just been paid for 15 days in the previous month and 15 days of the month you left. Meaning 15 days from the month you left is still unpaid.

Let me give you an example. Say, you join the company on the 1st of January and your monthly take home is 100k. At the end of the month which is 31st of January you will be paid half of your salary, which is 50k. You get 50k on the 31st because they claim that you're only being paid for Jan 1 to Jan 15 ( remember calendar runs from 16th to 15th) i.e. on 31st of January you're supposed to be paid for work of Dec 16 to Jan 15 and since you joined Jan 1, you only get half of the payment. Then by Feb 31st you get full payment which is for work done from Jan 16 to Feb 15. Assume you now decide to leave in April (or any other month) immediately after payment on the 30th of April. This means you have just been paid for the work of March 16 to April 15 and you have just forfeited the pay for April 16 to April 30. The only reasonable way to leave is 15th of the month and you demand a full payment. This is where problem comes in because when you resign and your last day coincided with the 15th, you will have to leave the company unpaid and wait for the month end to get your terminal salary which they usually withold until you threaten or call incessantly or beg before it can be released.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Justdogood(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
If we have a good government in this nation some of the rubbish we tolerate as a people will end.
#Votebeyondtribe
#ourmumuneverdo?
#Voteforcompetence

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
Others learn from the OP's mistake, it's not every job you resign from, just walk away after you get paid.

Another lesson:

No matter your condition, don't take a job with an Indian company. About 4 years ago, I got an invite from a very popular company. I applied to several jobs, so I couldn't tell when I submitted my application for this particular one. I took a few moments to research the company and discovered it was owned by Indians, so I ignored the IV. A day after, the HR manager called to ask why I didn't acknowledge their mail or show up. I asked him only one question, "Is your company an Indian company?" He said, "Yes." And I told him point blank, "I don't work for Indians." My guy ended the call immediately.

If every Nigerian were like me, nobody in this country will be working with Indians. They will be left with no choice, but to change.

4 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Rubyjade: 2:15am On Jul 01, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
Others learn from the OP's mistake, it's not every job you resign from, just walk away after you get paid.

Another lesson:

No matter your condition, don't take a job with an Indian company. About 4 years ago, I got an invite from a very popular company. I applied to several jobs, so I couldn't tell when I submitted my application for this particular one. I took a few moments to research the company and discovered it was owned by Indians, so I ignored the IV. A day after, the HR manager called to ask why I didn't acknowledge their mail or show up. I asked him only one question, "Is your company an Indian company?" He said, "Yes." And I told him point blank, "I don't work for Indians." My guy ended the call immediately.

If every Nigerian were like me, nobody in this country will be working with Indians. They will be left with no choice, but to change.
Easier said than done, people will take up the job you rejected because they just need something to hold body and soul.

2 Likes

Re: Simba Group Of Companies - A Nigerian Graduate's Worst Nightmare by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
IyaTola:
Spa is the worst. They sleep with female workers.
The females are excited too. Expatriate dick.
Had a close colleague then. Saw so many pics and videos of babe's he's had. Always telling me how our girls are so easy. We just laugh over it.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Am Going To Lose My Life This Hardship Is Killing Me / GTB test in 2 weeks / Urgent Vacancies In A Distribution Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.