Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) (29484 Views)

Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificate Over Unemployment. / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / 5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by envoymedia: 7:01am On Nov 13, 2023

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Malroux: 7:02am On Nov 13, 2023
School na scam for Nigeria at the moment. Imagine after spending money and time to acquire the certificate you'll still be begging yahoo guys who didn't attend even secondary school for tips.

227 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by igwebuike01: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2023
Lazy mofos.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by helinues: 7:06am On Nov 13, 2023
Frustrations

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2023
Burn is down 👇!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by victory36(m): 7:08am On Nov 13, 2023
I don't see any use of the certificate either but this is completely unnecessary.

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Malroux: 7:09am On Nov 13, 2023
helinues:
Frustrations
He is still far better than you that sleeps and wake up on nairaland everyday.

218 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Seeing77: 7:10am On Nov 13, 2023
Problem
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by victory36(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2023
Malroux:
School na scam for Nigeria at the moment. Imagine after spending money and time to acquire the certificate you'll still be begging yahoo guys who didn't attend even secondary school for tips.
University has always been a scam in Nigeria. It's just that the number of graduates are increasing rapidly with no jobs/industries to support them

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by helinues: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2023
Malroux:
He is still far better than you that sleeps and wake up on nairaland everyday.

Another frustrations

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2023
victory36:
University has always been a scam in Nigeria. It's just that the number of graduates are increasing rapidly with no jobs/industries to support them

I won't say university is entirely scam in Nigeria. But studying non career course's and a course that doesn't fit into the present economy reality of the world today is pure waste of time.

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Malroux: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2023
victory36:
We are basically saying the same thing. Imagine spending millions of naira to acquire the certificate and later earning 15, 20 to 50k a month if you are even lucky to see any job. grin. Only very few are privileged to earn big money with the cert. grin

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Bobloco: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2023
I can understand his frustration

Especially when the current president Forged certificates and was discovered to be a guinea pig student of government college lagos used to test run the school four years before it was founded

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Malroux: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I won't say university is entirely scam in Nigeria. But studying non career course's and a course that doesn't fit into the present economy reality of the world today is pure waste of time.
Oga if you like study Tinubu's blue economy in the university, if you don't have connections they will use your first class certificate to wrap akara for a yahoo guy.

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by illicit(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2023
I can't burn any of my certificates cos I earned it the hard way...

✌️

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by IamR: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2023
He burnt coloured copies. The originals are intact.
Check the documents very well.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2023
Malroux:
Oga if you like study Tinubu's blue economy in the university if you don't have connections they will use your first class certificate to wrap akara for a yahoo guy.

Lol. You still have a point

10 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Cassandraloius: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2023
Nothing will make me burn my certificate because I know how hard it was for me to earn it.
Nigerian youth should also learn how to acquire sabificate.
Learning new skills should also be thier priority.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Malroux: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Lol. You still have a point
It is better for someone to go and learn a skill/ handwork after secondary school education and use the funds for university to support himself.

16 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Malroux: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2023
helinues:

Another frustrations
I bet you don't even have a certificate of yours to burn. That guy doesn't sleep and wake up on nairaland unlike you. Both of you are still jobless

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Bliss62: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2023
Fustration, depression... but he shouldn't have burnt it, it's what he worked hard for

9 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Splashme: 7:24am On Nov 13, 2023
There is deep anger growing in the land. EndSARS may be a child's play when it finally starts.

Unfortunately, our president is spending billions on foreign exotic cars, yatch and renovation of official residences

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by flexydote(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2023
I can relate to this but then I wouldn't burn them because at least I laboured for the cert.

Meanwhile, it is disheartening to see M.Sc. holders and even Ph.d holders doing menial jobs.

I see Nigeria educational system as a virtuous circle - you finish B.Sc., you are told to do your Masters if you must at least rank up for job opportunities and you go ahead to get your M.Sc. after that still no job then you look for a secondary school to teach just to hold body while getting 60k salary for teaching like 3 Subjects.

Some people will then go and marry while some will go and pursue their P.hd just to be aiming to teach at the University level to earn 180k

That is if you know someone who knows someone in the university.

Only few persons get Jobs by GRACE.

then those M.sc holders will teach kids that will now gain admission into the university to now meet the other people who went for their P.hd as their lecturers. The kids then graduate, they are happy as they signout only to continue the virtuous circle again.

I am on the opinion of allowing our children to gain a handwork or after secondary school before even thinking of Tertiary Institution.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by JASONjnr(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2023
Those are duplicate certificates....

No one should try this.

14 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by UptownVibes(m): 8:11am On Nov 13, 2023
Malroux:
Tips ,abi employment. Yahoo boys employ and pays graduates these days. A graduate will be calling a boy below his age "Oga" Sir".. for 35-50k salary monthly..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Malroux: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2023
UptownVibes:
Tips ,abi employment. Yahoo boys employ and pays graduates these days. A graduate will be calling a boy below his age "Oga" Sir".. for 35-50k salary monthly..

It is a pity.

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Caleb15(m): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2023
Ali goes to school
Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by tsdarkside(m): 8:30am On Nov 13, 2023
stvpid....you learnt something that is not in demand in nigeria....

learn something that people need and not what you wish....
at the end na people will employ you....

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Smitaro100(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2023
Even though I understand it's frustrating not getting a good job after graduating, I really don't see d need burning it, in for just keep am somewhere forget about am than burning it after the stress of going to school and graduating because he might need it one day.

7 Likes

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by Charmingrascal(m): 8:42am On Nov 13, 2023
Though certificates are useless in Nigeria but dude will surely regret this.

His family and friends should watch the him closely, someone who could do this can commit suicide.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by accordadoga29(f): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2023
Hehehehehe

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Village people wey dey do you before don Kuku complete their job finally

The enemies shall not accomplish their missions over my life in Jesus name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) by CallmeTrinity: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2023
Check well he must be a LASU graduate. afterall they buy their Degrees, masters and MBA in LASU. so not surprised

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nestlé CWAR Graduate Trainee Programme 2022 / Development Bank Of Nigeria Management Trainee Program / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.