Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off (19195 Views)

End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy / Strike: No End In Sight, State Varsities Insist / ASUU Strike: No End In Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by PJ123: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
osazsky:
cuz ur dad was fortunate does not mean all were fortunate..them pay some people minimum wage arreas last month but most of us didn't get so fg has paid minimum wage abi..Olodo grow up..for ur mind na only u they the system..go and sit down and stop talking trash. I work as an accountant in d busary dept of one of d biggest fg uni...no to ippis

You seemed to be offended my good friend.
You need not to be abusive. You can refute my claim without being abusive.

The person I referred was a senior colleague in the university system. And all of his contemporaries who retired at the same have all received their entitlements.
If your dad is having ssues with his entitlements, it has to be with the documentation. The entitlements are released after proper documentation has been done.
Perhaps one document is missing and that will be enough to cause the delay, I can tell you not from the government or the school.
Government has failed no doubt but you don't accord undeserving blames to the government.
Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by PJ123: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
osazsky:
sir..they are not asking for much..considering their workload I just feel that no lecturer should still earn 150k per month considering inflation and interest rate..and I dont know y fg should be accumulating allowances wat is wrong in implementation..if they had implemented the 30k monthly allowances this accumulated prob of over 12 years would have been avoided

You're perfectly right my brother, no graduate should be earning less than #150k. However, my problem with this government is not in terms of actual amount of salaries but the gross mismanagement of the economy.
If you were earning 150k prior or during Jonathan era, and today you're earning 200k, you would probably be worse than Jonathan era in terms of purchasing power.
It would have been more interesting to see ASUU engaging the government on the mismanagement of the economy and poor infrastructure in the country. Where was ASUU when fuel price was increased, where was ASUU when electricity tariff was secretly increased in the country. I just read about the outrageous price of gas in the country, has ASUU said anything? These are things that affect the value of your money.
Someone with one car in decent society with good roads is better than someone with three cars in Nigeria with poor roads and high level of insecurity.
What is obtainable in decent society is common wealth, what you have in Nigeria is individual wealth. That's why you would see someone building a house worth hundreds of millions in a place but there's no good road to the place. You cannot see that in decent climes. Quality of life is more impacted by your environment than your pocket.
We cannot all earn the same amount but everyone can enjoy decent life in terms of good health care, good roads, constant power supply, access to clean water and secured environment and compulsory free and quality primary and secondary school education.
This what everyone needs for self discovery. Not everyone needs to go to University.
I'm looking forward for a time when all the unions will come together to hold FG and state governments hostage on above listed factors and forget their selfish interests.
Thanks and God bless!!!

1 Like

Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by donestk(m): 12:58am On Jul 01, 2022
Education has collapsed long ago in Nigeria.

Good news is that you can learn online on your own.
Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by Tundex911: 4:17am On Jul 01, 2022
Make dem kuku wait till 2023 after the election cuz na election dey this politicians face like this...

Awon weyrey gbogbo
Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by Fanikoko: 5:07am On Jul 01, 2022
thunder will strike fed govt nd ASUU
Fools
Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by sinkhole: 6:44am On Jul 01, 2022
Everlastingson:

Don't believe the APC lying govt. Things may not normalize as soon as you probably envisage. They do not really want to drop IPPIS coz they're milking the lecturers dry through it. IPPIS is very unreliable and fraudulent and that's what they want. You might be aware the IPPIS database is the USA whereas UTAS is home grown. Why does the APC lying govt prefer IPPIS that gulps lots of money in maintaining to much cheaper and homegrown, more reliable UTAS? A beg leave matter. Survival of this country is not in sight.
I share in your sentiment but the result will soon surprise you wink
As I said somewhere before, FG is taking the heat as ASUU is taking them by their balls, hence, they want end to this strike by all means!
Anytime you hear ASUU, just take a bow grin
Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by Emmamay10: 8:59am On Jul 01, 2022
sinkhole:
I share in your sentiment but the result will soon surprise you wink
As I said somewhere before, FG is taking the heat as ASUU is taking them by their balls, hence, they want end to this strike by all means!
Anytime you hear ASUU, just take a bow grin

I've been following your comments for sometimes now. It seems you derived joy in praising ASUU .like ' taking Fg by the balls' and 'when you see ASUU take a bow', and many more. Are you saying ASUU are not complicit in this mess we found ourselves. Please kindly have a second thought when praising ASUU as a body.
Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by sinkhole: 9:17am On Jul 01, 2022
Emmamay10:

I've been following your comments for sometimes now. It seems you derived joy in praising ASUU .like ' taking Fg by the balls' and 'when you see ASUU take a bow', and many more. Are you saying ASUU are not complicit in this mess we found ourselves. Please kindly have a second thought when praising ASUU as a body.
grin grin But I also, sometimes, let people know that FG is trying too cool
On ASUU being complicit, I really don't see them being complicit! ASUU is a body that has many people as members. Each person in the body of ASUU have rights to engage in whatever activities they so wish to engage in, such as farming, helping in electoral processes, etc.
If a member of ASUU engages in corrupt farming practices, it will be unfair to blame ASUU for such, isn't it? Remember, ASUU does not farm nor own a farm!
Re: No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off by ogaontop(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2022
Ibegtodiffer:

Thank you for taking your time to explain. Some of us ignore them because they feel intelligent amidst a depth of ignorance. Most of them are paid for these propaganda. If ASUU survived the Military Dictator, Sani Abacha, in a military regime, na these lebreje's go bother ASUU?

Cow dey alive na money, cow die na money. ASUU will continue to wait patiently. Las, las, person wey dey ground no the fear to fall. Kudos.
Correct!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 6 Types Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Sujimoto And Dencia Promises – ‘I Got Nothing At All From Them’ - Ayodele Daniel / Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.