Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

How I Destroyed My Child's Self Confidence! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Destroyed My Child's Self Confidence! (384 Views)

The Cousin My Mum Brought To My House Has Destroyed My Son / My Parents Destroyed My Life In Guise Of Love, I'm Now Depressed Daily / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Destroyed My Child's Self Confidence! by AMumAndMore(f): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2022
✍� Has it ever occurred to you that drawing comparisons between your kids actually creates more harm than good?

This habit is one of the leading causes of sibling rivalry.

As a parent, one of the most difficult thing there is to do is avoid comparing the kids. Especially with everything you know about them, from their developmental milestones, their sleep schedule, their feeding habits. Heck! Even their pregnancies were subject to comparison.

We may not know this, but the cons of comparing kids surpasses the pros by a great margin.

What cons? you may ask.

Have a look at this:

https://amumandmore.com/sibling-comparison/

Dear Mamma,

Every child's nature or personality is as unique as their DNA.

So the sooner we did away with comparing them, the better they become at blossoming into their real self and not the self they'll morph into as a result of them wanting to meet or surpass our standards.

What do you think of sibling comparison mamma?

Let's hear it in the comment section.

Love, Laugh, Learn, Lead and Live Life to the Fullest.

Stay FabulousFabulous!

©️ The Viv Obinna

(1) (Reply)

Honda Odyssey 2003 Clean Unpainted Sound Engine Gear Nothing To Fix (PICTURES / Btw Living With The Baby Father And Stayin On Your Own, Which One Is Preferable? / I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.