Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration (1398 Views)

Again, South Easterners Appluad Unknown Gunmen Shortly After An Operation / Again, South East Governors, Leaders Shun Parley On 2023 Political Aspiration / We Will Not Call Nigeria Zoo Again- South Africa Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by SarkinYarki: 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2022
When I heard that new voters registration had hit 10m I was sure that the south east would take a bulk of that but now the spread data is out I can see I was wrong , the south east again fallen behind and the SW is leading in registration with Osun state having the highest registrations.. what is going on?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by thesolutions(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2022
How many of the registered voters in south east are not from the south east and how many of the registered voters in states other than the south east are from the south east? South east is Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by tolue42(m): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2022
They can only rant online , but in reality ? They are always found wanting .....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by FreeStuffsNG: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
Osun is higher than the total registration in Igbo South East cool

This was one of the demograhics data I saw yesterday , along with other demographic data captured with better data capturing tools, https://www.nairaland.com/7203013/states-nigeria-largest-internet-subscribers that validated my hypothesis that Igbo population in SE is inflated and the Igbo are a minority group in terms of population.

The politicians knew this reality all along hence no serious effort to canvass for votes aggressively in SE like they do for other zones.

SE may just be same population as states with similar land size as it like Kaduna or Katsina or Oyo and the SE is by far the least populated of all the geopolitical zones.

As things stand now, no serious contender can bank on votes from SE and a serious contender will not get the voting strength incentive from the SE.

The SE is a minority vote region even far behind the minority tribes-dominated SS from these data.

This data is similar for what turned up in data for internet subscribers where Igbo internet subscribers were abysmally low, also, overall inec voters registration show Igbo among the lowest with the only Igbo state, Anambra state, at the bottom of the top 10 https://nairametrics.com/2022/06/30/top-10-states-with-the-highest-number-of-registered-voters-as-of-june-27-2022/

Data from JAMB show the Igbo population is abysmally low, so low that only Imo state featured in the top 10 states with registered indigenes sitting for JAMB and for Igbo dominated schools, the Igbo were no. 4 top for universities with UNN ,No. 8 for polytechnics and no single college of Education in Igboland made it among the top 10 colleges of Education with highest registered JAMB candidates !
https://utmeofficial.com.ng/jamb/jamb-registration-statistics-2020-2021-by-course-universities-polytechnics-nce-and-state-of-origin/

On number of JAMB applicants who are Igbo, Anambra state is the Igbo state with the highest number of registered candidates yet was No. 16 on the list far far behind! And all the JAMB candidates registered for JAMB in the whole of SE just adds up to about the total candidates in Lagos state alone or sum for Oyo and Ogun.

As at now the best and cleanest data indicate that about 80% of Igbo are domiciled in the SE while 20% are domiciled outside the 5 Igbo SE states.

Out of the 320,306 Igbo candidates in the 2020-2021, max.(when you add total candidates that registered for JAMB in those 5 SE states and assume they are all Igbo) only about 250K(~80%)account for candidates that sat for exam in the SE while about 70K(20%) are Igbo candidates who registered outside the SE to represent the total Igbo candidates.
It makes sense because you have more Igbo domiciled in SE than outside SE.

So where is the high Igbo population I used to imagine??

Internet subscribers; low

Inec registration; low

Jamb applicants writing Jamb in SE; low;

Jamb applicants based on State of origin; low

land mass; low
Yet
Analogue Census; High(?)

So all these data conflate to prove that Igbo are a minority group by population but have inflated numbers which call for scientific enquiry.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by XerXers: 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
Wait for final data oga

1 Like

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Cyberterror: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
SarkinYarki:
When I heard that new voters registration had hit 10m I was sure that the south east would take a bulk of that but now the spread data is out I can see I was wrong , the south east again fallen behind and the SW is leading in registration with Osun state having the highest registrations.. what is going on?

Don't be surprised. Many youths in the south east are mkpurummiri addicts in the bushes doing unknown gunmen. It is Ipob terrorists outside Nigeria that are pushing the Obi narrative on social media.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by XerXers: 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Osun is higher than the total registration in Igbo South East cool
This was one of the demograhics data I saw yesterday , along with other demographic data captured with better data capturing tools, that validated my hypothesis that Igbo population in SE is inflated.
The politicians knew this reality all along hence no serious effort to canvass for votes aggressively like they do for other zones. SE may just be same population as Kaduna or Katsina or Oyo.
Only two states in SW is ahead of bayelsa, you see why the data is useless? Wait for total

2 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Smithkafors(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
You no face your region..... Mumu man
Cyberterror:

Don't be surprised. Many youths in the south east are mkpurummiri addicts in the bushes doing unknown gunmen. It is Ipob terrorists outside Nigeria that are pushing the Obi narrative on social media.
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by TinubuDeDrugLor: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
SarkinYarki:

What % of Lagos population are Yoruba's?

Some of you reason's like goats.

Just don't worry.

80% of the newly registered voters are Igbo's.

Take this to the bank.

Leave Igbo's and do yoir own thing.

Stop this useless trade of yours. Marketing Bigotry and hate.

1 Like

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by FreeStuffsNG: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
XerXers:

Only two states in SW is ahead of bayelsa, you see why the data is useless? Wait for total
Bayelsa is a minority state when you compare them to the SW sir. But again, that is a strong showing they have there.

59 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by TinubuDeDrugLor: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
thesolutions:
How many of the registered voters in south east are not from the south east and how many of the registered voters in states other than the south east are from the south east? South east is Nigeria.

Don't mind those Yoruba bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by SarkinYarki: 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Just don't worry.

Take this to the bank.

You are the one reasoning like goat ....who mentioned Lagos , did you see Osun and the middle belt? I am calling the attention of the SE to something and you are here saying nonsense ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by XerXers: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Bayelsa is a minority state when you compare them to the SW sir. But again, that is a strong showing they have there.
The number of new registration over short period doesn't affect the total registration in the end. See how ebonyi is topping in SE

3 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by SimplePlan34: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
Na them wan install Obi as president. I never imagined they are so gullible.Obi is truly a boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Golan007: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
Shh!

Don't loud it.
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by TinubuDeDrugLor: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
This said online voter registration.

What of the offline voter registration data status?

Ndiara

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by TinubuDeDrugLor: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2022
SarkinYarki:

You are the one reasoning like goat ....who mentioned Lagos , did you see Osun and the middle belt? I am calling the attention of the SE to something and you are here saying nonsense ...

Go and tell them in the east you animalistic human goat.

And I asked you again, what percentage of Lagos population is Yoruba?

Nigeria is Igbo and Igbo is Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Karlovych: 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
embarassed The OBIdience train is unstoppable!
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by FreeStuffsNG: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
XerXers:

The number of new registration over short period doesn't affect the total registration in the end. See how ebonyi is topping in SE
You are absolutely right. For example, Anambra is ahead of Ebonyi and it is the only Igbo state among the top 10 states although the Igbo state is still far behind at the bottom 10 position.
https://nairametrics.com/2022/06/30/top-10-states-with-the-highest-number-of-registered-voters-as-of-june-27-2022/
The Igbo population is still abysmally low for a group inflated to a majority group.

57 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by SarkinYarki: 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Go and tell them in the east you animalistic human goat.

And I asked you again, what percentage of Lagos population is Yoruba?

Nigeria is Igbo and Igbo is Nigeria.

You are a a clownn
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by D1official: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
They tried to make Nigerians see him as an ethnic presidential candidate it failed because we are wiser, they tried to use IPOB against him it failed because we know better.

Now, Seun with his urchins has resorted to creating hundreds and hundreds of fake accounts to promote "druggie" but it has also failed because we're watchful.

The Nigerian youths have decided to rise and take back our nation and this we must do!!.

May God bless NIGERIA and the INCOMING PO!

2 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by DeleTaller: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Just don't worry.

Take this to the bank.

You are even proud that you igbo people have relocated to Lagos... what am I even saying... if your so called Obi could make Lagos his home.... why won't the whole igbo men Nd women rent the houses in lagos. you see them 10 people living in a single room.. Igbo should appreciate yoruba for accommodating them this much.
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Simplythebest: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2022
You guys fail to understand something like South East also make voof other regions. How many Igbos are in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Oyo, rivers state, delta state and the rest of the states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by FreeStuffsNG: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
Simplythebest:
You guys fail to understand something like South East also make voof other regions. How many Igbos are in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Oyo, rivers state, delta state and the rest of the states
That is my assumption too until I got these data staring me in the face.

For example, for data like JAMB registration, each applicant states his/her state of origin in the application form, not state of residence yet the number is still low for Igbo with only Imo state in the top 10 and when you look at applicants writing their exam in the whole 5 Igbo state, it is just about the number of applicants in Lagos alone or about the sum for total applicants from Oyo and Ogun. Meaning that there is a higher probability that most of the SW indigenes make up the Lagos number.

Based on the states of origin of JAMB applicants for 2020-2021:
SW totals 447,857
SE totals 320,306

So who inflated the population of Igbo and who are those benefitting from this ?

47 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Arysexy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
Fake photoshopped data to masturbate on by Urchins

Who gave war torn Borno over 500k and Osun of 700k?

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Simplythebest: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Stop this ur lies and stop deceiving people what u have to understand is that no propaganda this time around will stop Peter Obi the same thing u guys use against Jonathan and see were Nigeria is today everything is worst and it won't happen again. Jamb won't separate other regions and attach it to their respective states it will only tell hu the number of people that registered in lagos state so stop this ur lies. Jamb won't tell u that 447,857 registered in lagos are all Lagos people. Stop this lies
FreeStuffsNG:

That is my assumption too until I got these data staring me in the face.

For example, for data like JAMB registration, each applicant states his/her state of origin in the application form, not state of residence yet the number is still low for Igbo with only Imo state in the top 10 and when you look at applicants writing their exam in the whole 5 Igbo state, it is just about the number of applicants in Lagos alone or about the sum for total applicants from Oyo and Ogun. Meaning that there is a higher probability that most of the SW indigenes make up the Lagos number.

Based on the states of origin of JAMB applicants for 2020-2021:
SW totals 447,857
SE totals 320,306

So who inflated the population of Igbo and who are those benefitting from this ?
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by FreeStuffsNG: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
Simplythebest:
Stop this ur lies and stop deceiving people what u have to understand is that no propaganda this time around will stop Peter Obi the same thing u guys use against Jonathan and see were Nigeria is today everything is worst and it won't happen again. Jamb won't separate other regions and attach it to their respective states it will only tell hu the number of people that registered in lagos state so stop this ur lies. Jamb won't tell u that 447,857 registered in lagos are all Lagos people. Stop this lies

Apparently you did not understand wink

The 447,857 are indigenes of SW states that registered their states of origin as Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Ogun for JAMB against 320,306 indigenes of SE that registered their states of origin as Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra .

Out of the 320,306 Igbo candidates, max. only about 250K account for candidates that sat for exam in the SE while about 70K are Igbo candidates who registered outside the SE to represent the total Igbo candidates. It makes sense because you have more Igbo domiciled in SE than outside SE.

I did not invent the numbers and these applicants used their NIN numbers to register and linked to their registered GSM numbers.

This JAMB registration data is the total Igbo from SE regardless of their location and it is approx 80% domiciled in SE and 20% outside SE. If you extrapolate this to other data, it means that the touted spread of Igbo outside SE is inflated and we may have just 20% of Igbo population domiciled outside the 5 SE Igbo states.

It has nothing to do with HE Peter Obi because even he, like other politicians, knows this fact that SE has a minority population and minority vote which is the least among all the zones, hence he is reaching out to zones with the real numbers. That is why promoting Obi as an Igbo candidate won't even work because all the total population of Igbo within and outside the SE is low in population.

If you want to argue, go ahead and argue with JAMB etc.

Numbers do not have emotion. The Igbo population is a minority and the real questions are why inflate Igbo population and who are those benefiting from it?

28 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Simplythebest: 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
U fail to state the number of South East indigenes that register in the same lagos state and other South west states. Whats the total number of Lagos indigenes vote and the total number of South East vote in lagos state. All this ur minority u guys normally use as propaganda won't work in the sense that only vote from south west alone cannot make Tinubu the president of this country and the same thing goes to Peter Obi and also Atiku. Nigeria must be liberated whether u like it or not.
FreeStuffsNG:

Apparently you did not understand.
The 447,857 are indigenes of SW states that registered their states of origin as Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo and Ogun for JAMB against 320,306 indigenes of SE that registered their states of origin as Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra . I did not invent the numbers and these applicants used their NIN numbers to register and linked to their registered GSM numbers.

It has nothing to do with HE Peter Obi because even he, like other politicians, knows this fact that SE has a minority population and vote which is the least among all the zones, hence he is reaching out to zones with the real numbers.

If you want to argue, go ahead and argue with JAMB etc.

Numbers do not have emotion. The Igbo population is a minority and the real questions are why inflate Igbo population and who are those benefiting from it?
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by FreeStuffsNG: 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
Simplythebest:
U fail to state the number of South East indigenes that register in the same lagos state and other South west states. Whats the total number of Lagos indigenes vote and the total number of South East vote in lagos state. All this ur minority u guys normally use as propaganda won't work in the sense that only vote from south west alone cannot make Tinubu the president of this country and the same thing goes to Peter Obi and also Atiku. Nigeria must be liberated whether u like it or not.
Sir, you are right. INEC registration does not display states of origin but there are credible data we can use as baseline like JAMB registration which display states of origin.

As at now the best and cleanest data indicate that about 80% of Igbo are domiciled in the SE while 20% are domiciled outside the 5 Igbo SE states.

Out of the 320,306 Igbo candidates in the 2020-2021, max.(when you add total candidates that regiatered for JAMB in those 5 SE states and assume they are all Igbo) only about 250K account for candidates that sat for exam in the SE while about 70K are Igbo candidates who registered outside the SE to represent the total Igbo candidates. It makes sense because you have more Igbo domiciled in SE than outside SE.

The much touted assumption that there are Igbo everywhere is exagerrated. If you extrapolate this clean data from JAMB linked to NIN and registered GSM number, only about 20% of total Igbo population is outside Igboland.
That further supports my hypothesis that the Igbo population is low and has always been inflated.

23 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by Simplythebest: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
You didn't answer my simple question, since u have stated the number of Lagos indigenes that registered for jamb, whats the number of South East people that registered for jamb in lagos is very simple question Sir. President Jonathan won election he is from the smallest state in Nigeria and have lowest Local government if am not mistaking and he won presidential election. So what makes u think Obi can't win election since he is from Anambra state or region u feel that have lowest population in Nigeria?
FreeStuffsNG:

Sir, you are right. INEC registration does not display states of origin but there are credible data we can use as baseline like JAMB registration which display states of origin.

Out of the 320,306 Igbo candidates in the 2020-2021, max.(when you add total candidates that regiatered for JAMB in those 5 SE states and assume they are all Igbo) only about 250K account for candidates that sat for exam in the SE while about 70K are Igbo candidates who registered outside the SE to represent the total Igbo candidates. It makes sense because you have more Igbo domiciled in SE than outside SE.

The much touted assumption that there are Igbo everywhere is exagerrated. If you extrapolate this clean data from JAMB linked to NIN and registered GSM number, only about 20% of total Igbo population is outside Igboland.
That further supports my hypothesis that the Igbo population is low and has always been inflated.
Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by FreeStuffsNG: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2022
Simplythebest:
You didn't answer my simple question, since u have stated the number of Lagos indigenes that registered for jamb, whats the number of South East people that registered for job in lagos is very simple question Sir
I did not state the number of Lagos indigenes who sat for JAMB but it was stated here https://utmeofficial.com.ng/jamb/jamb-registration-statistics-2020-2021-by-course-universities-polytechnics-nce-and-state-of-origin/

I added and stated the whole SW indigenes that registered as 447,857 which you can verify.

I also stated that nationwide and overseas, only 70k out of the 320K indigenous Igbo JAMB candidates actually registered in locations outside Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu and Anambra.

These locations outside Igboland include Lagos and other states and countries. So while it is possible that Lagos may account for a significant number of the 70k Igbo JAMB candidates outside SE, it will still be low because the 70K is for Lagos and the remaining 30 states plus FCT .
I will expect significant Igbo in Rivers, Delta, Kogi, Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Edo and FCT too so Lagos may just get around 14K or less out of the 70k.

If you relate this number , that means only about 20% Igbo are domiciled outside the 5 Igbo SE states. So this assumption that there are significant Igbo outside Igboland itself is inflated.

Right now, it is more like only 20% of total Igbo population i.e 1 out of 5 Igbo live outside those 5 Igbo SE states and probably not more.

A significant amount of this 20% Igbo living outside SE may actually live within states with proximity and share borders with Igbo states like Rivers, Delta and Kogi than far away Lagos, Abuja,Ibadan Kano or Jos.

The Igbo have a low population but was inflated.

18 Likes

Re: Again South East Falls Behind In New Voter Registration by garfield1: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I did not state the number of Lagos indigenes who sat for JAMB but it was stated here https://utmeofficial.com.ng/jamb/jamb-registration-statistics-2020-2021-by-course-universities-polytechnics-nce-and-state-of-origin/

I added and stated the whole SW indigenes that registered as 447,857 which you can verify.

I also stated that nationwide and overseas, only 70k out of the 320K indigenous Igbo JAMB candidates actually registered in locations outside Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu and Anambra.

These locations outside Igboland include Lagos and other states and countries. So while it is possible that Lagos may account for a significant number of the 70k Igbo JAMB candidates outside SE, it will still be low because the 70K is for Lagos and the remaining 30 states plus FCT .
I will expect significant Igbo in Rivers, Delta, Kogi, Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Edo and FCT too so Lagos may just get around 14K or less out of the 70k.

If you relate this number , that means only about 20% Igbo are domiciled outside the 5 Igbo SE states. So this assumption that there are significant Igbo outside Igboland itself is inflated.

Right now, it is more like only 20% of total Igbo population i.e 1 out of 5 Igbo live outside those 5 Igbo SE states and probably not more.

A significant amount of this 20% Igbo living outside SE may actually live within states with proximity and share borders with Igbo states like Rivers, Delta and Kogi than far away Lagos, Abuja,Ibadan Kano or Jos.

The Igbo have a low population but was inflated.

I agree.assuming the se is 25 million,igbos outside igboland should be 5 million meaning they are 30 million

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Was Born In 1935 - 87 Years - Wikipedia Shares New Age / Who Will Run A Country Better Atiku/tinubu/obi?....opinons Needed. / PHOTOS: Army Captain, Soldiers Killed In Bwari Terrorist Attack Buried Amid Tear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.