Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

What Can I Do To Prevent Mosquitoes Infestation? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do To Prevent Mosquitoes Infestation? (169 Views)

Bill Gates Reveals Why He Really, Really Hates Mosquitoes / 5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do To Prevent Mosquitoes Infestation? by PestCo: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
Mosquitoes are blood sucking insects and vectors carrying malaria parasites.

The female mosquitoes have a proboscis containing within sheath-like labium needle like organs with which they puncture the skin of man and animals to suck the blood. Mosquitoes can be a real nuisance, leaving itching bite marks and keep us awake at night.

What can I do to prevent Mosquitoes Infestation?

As the rains begins, its important to manage water flow. Since mosquitoes eggs do not hatch unless they are in water, we can manage standing water by the following activities;

Remove old tires, buckets, cans, jars, broken toys, and other water-catching devices. Clean out ant receptacle holding stagnant water; and place tight covers over drums cisterns, cesspools, septic tanks, barrels, and tubs where water is stored.
Never over- apply water to lawn and garden, drain out tree holes; and drain or fill with sand any stagnant water pools, puddles, ditches, or swampy areas.
Clear organic matter from your gutter to enable free flow.
Inspect water in plant containers, and water-holding stumps; keep grass mowed around bodies of water and ponds.

Click to read more https://pestcontrolnigeria.com/2021/08/27/controlling-ants-in-your-home-2/

(1) (Reply)

How / Do You Want Better Mental Health? Try Gardening By Tony Ademiluyi / Here Is Why You Should Consider Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (prep)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.